PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Passen on Garcia trade.

cheezheadsoxfan
12-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Found this on Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoPGrIU_AkCxkCVMWw0e6N85nYcB?slug=jp-wmwrap120706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

fquaye149
12-07-2006, 11:55 PM
thought this was a pretty good article. I enjoyed the worst contracts section

cheezheadsoxfan
12-08-2006, 12:05 AM
The remarks about the Ted Lily deal were great.:D:

oeo
12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I think everyone agrees (except the Chicago media and some people here) that we made out pretty well.

DumpJerry
12-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Blah blah blah......last year as we broke camp, all the "experts" said that we were invincible.

Third place.:angry:

pmck003
12-08-2006, 01:53 AM
I remember earlier about how some were saying that a change-up like pitcher would mix in well with our hard-throwing bullpen. Maybe Floyd will have a good deal of success there.

ondafarm
12-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Sounds like it's a good deal for both sides. The Phillies want to make a run at the Mets and we needed bullpen help (Gavin) and another lefty in a year or two (Gio)

southside rocks
12-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Blah blah blah......last year as we broke camp, all the "experts" said that we were invincible.

Third place.:angry:

And in 2005 as the Sox broke camp, all the "experts" said third place.

Invincible. :D:

Not one of those "experts" knows his ass from a hat. Never has, never will.

Ol' No. 2
12-08-2006, 09:31 AM

Not one of those "experts" knows his ass from a hat. Never has, never will.That's not true. Some said fourth place.:cool:

caulfield12
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I remember earlier about how some were saying that a change-up like pitcher would mix in well with our hard-throwing bullpen. Maybe Floyd will have a good deal of success there.

Worst-case, Floyd is "Matt Ginter" SQUARED.

Best case, another Garland.

Freddy Garcia was our "change-up" starter in the rotation...you couldn't tell if he was throwing a fastball or change. He did mix in an occasional slider, that was probably his best pich.

FarWestChicago
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM

Third place.:angry:Quit now you gutless pansy. Don't show your loser face if one goddamned good thing happens all season.

ondafarm
12-08-2006, 10:43 PM

Not one of those "experts" knows his ass from a hat. Never has, never will.

Actually, I know of one who said fourth and maybe fifth.

Kwrubac
12-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Worst-case, Floyd is "Matt Ginter" SQUARED.

Best case, another Garland.

Freddy Garcia was our "change-up" starter in the rotation...you couldn't tell if he was throwing a fastball or change. He did mix in an occasional slider, that was probably his best pich.

That could possibly be due to the fact that sometimes his fastball was the same speed as his change :cool:

But in all seriousness I think Passen made some good points, I was a bit worried when this trade was made, but we have to have faith KW knows what he's doing. I believe being in the NL will benefit Freddy and hopefully we acquired two stud pitchers...

Jurr
12-08-2006, 11:20 PM
I think everyone agrees (except the Chicago media and some people here) that we made out pretty well.
How much do these people really know about anything? You can't forecast how these deals go....period.

It's just hilarious how an established professional like Kenny Williams can't even complete his work (the 2007 Sox lineup) without getting creamed by media and fans that really don't have a firm grasp of the entire picture.

I know it's part of the job (the public nature of MLB), but I couldn't imagine having a bunch of people standing over my shoulder while I do my work, telling me how certain they are that the procedure I'm doing isn't going to work, especially Joe Schmo off the street.

The media are a bunch of laymen as far as scouting and talent evaluation are concerned, but they make statements like they know exactly what is going on. Ridiculous.

Everybody's an expert in hindsight.

ode to veeck
12-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Quit now you gutless pansy. Don't show your loser face if one goddamned good thing happens all season.

War on the dark clouds even in the off season ... I love it! NO PRISONERS!

The Dude
12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
thought this was a pretty good article. I enjoyed the worst contracts section

Nice sig!

skobabe8
12-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Quit now you gutless pansy. Don't show your loser face if one goddamned good thing happens all season.

:roflmao: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6e/Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg/180px-Brando_as_don_corleone.jpg.png "Act like a man!"

fquaye149
12-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Nice sig!
cheezheadsoxfan deserves the credit for saying exactly what i wanted to say