12-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Shaping up something like this:

Jenks
Thorton
Mac
Aardsma
Floyd
Haegar

Honestly, I think that if we get 1 more proven guy, we'll be in as good of shape as anyone. Between Aards and Floyd, I think we can expect a sub 4.00 from one of those guys. Then, Logan can be OUT! I don't like the idea of LOOGYS in general, and especially on this team w/ Ozzie's poor reliance on Cotts this season.

The question is does this BP, as is, qaulify as "nasty"?

sox1970
12-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't think Floyd will be in the bullpen. I think he starts the year at Charlotte to get the innings that he'll need. Obviously he needs some work in spring training, but I don't want a project in the bullpen in 2007.

Scottiehaswheels
12-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Depends on how Floyd/Haegar are used I suppose.... Probably both as long reliever types? for the most part but maybe Haegar to start an inning or with no one on base and Floyd if you need a long reliever with men on?

Beer Can Chicken
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Shaping up something like this:

Jenks
Thorton
Mac
Aardsma
Floyd
Haegar

Honestly, I think that if we get 1 more proven guy, we'll be in as good of shape as anyone. Between Aards and Floyd, I think we can expect a sub 4.00 from one of those guys. Then, Logan can be OUT! I don't like the idea of LOOGYS in general, and especially on this team w/ Ozzie's poor reliance on Cotts this season.

The question is does this BP, as is, qaulify as "nasty"?

Considering 3 of them are essentially unproven at the MLB level, I would say they qualify as 'questionable' waaaay before I would rate them as 'nasty'. I have a gut feeling that we are calling for at least 2 of their heads by June.

champagne030
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't think Floyd will be in the bullpen. I think he starts the year at Charlotte to get the innings that he'll need. Obviously he needs some work in spring training, but I don't want a project in the bullpen in 2007.

Does he have options left or will we have to pass him through waivers if he continues to be not ready?

Scottiehaswheels
12-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Does he have options left or will we have to pass him through waivers if he continues to be not ready?I think I read on SouthSide Sox or some other page that he has 1 option left... He was a September callup in 2004 and therefore didn't burn an option...

34 Inch Stick
12-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I have a feeling both Floyd and Haeger will be in AAA. I think it would be a good thing for AAA to be a testing ground for a 2008 starter as I suspect we will either lose or trade at least one more starter before the 2008 season.

maurice
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I have:

Jenks
Thornton
MacDougle
Aardsma
Floyd
Logan/Gonzalez/et al.

. . . with Haeger starting in Charlotte or elsewhere.

That's potentially nasty but also potentially inadequate.