PDA

View Full Version : Yay, the Bonds nonsense can end...

SoxyStu
12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
He reupped with the Giants for a 1 yr. deal.

per mlb.com

Thank Christ!

soxfan26
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
It says they've agreed in principle anyway...

link (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061207&content_id=1754473&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp)

itsnotrequired
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Bonds nonsense will never end.

SoxyStu
12-07-2006, 10:18 PM

True enough...even after he retires/finds himself in a jail cell. The Bonds to the Sox crap was just awful seeing in print.

Huisj
12-07-2006, 10:21 PM
$16 freaking million??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but is a 42 year old outfielder with bad knees and lots of clouds hanging over him worth that much??

Oblong
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
When they showed him on TV yesterday "arriving" at the meetings, I kept thinking he hired a bunch of people to hang around him to look like a crowd was following him
. Like they do on those halftime concerts. Get a bunch of idiots to "crowd" the stage and dance while the stadium's 2/3 empty refilling on beer/food.

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Agreed, because 16 million dollars for a year of barry bonds is nonsense.....unless he was paying the team that much of course :smile:

SluggersAway
12-07-2006, 10:43 PM
$16 freaking million??? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but is a 42 year old outfielder with bad knees and lots of clouds hanging over him worth that much??

Do you know how much money Barry Bonds has made for the Giants over the years? It is called loyalty something a GM that trades a pitcher that won the final game of the World Series a year ago for a prospect and a project obviously knows nothing about.

rdwj
12-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm glad. I've been a Sox fan all my life and the ONLY thing I can think of that would have ended my fandom is a Bond's signing. I have no respect for that guy or any team for which he plays.

Now, I can go back to wishing a career ending injury on him before he casts a dark shadow on the record books.

PLEASE, vanish like Sosa did!!!

PeteWard
12-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Do you know how much money Barry Bonds has made for the Giants over the years? It is called loyalty something a GM that trades a pitcher that won the final game of the World Series a year ago for a prospect and a project obviously knows nothing about.

Yeah, Freddy knows about loyalty, just ask the line-up that gave him no run support.

Give me a break.

PeteWard
12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm glad. I've been a Sox fan all my life and the ONLY thing I can think of that would have ended my fandom is a Bond's signing. I have no respect for that guy or any team for which he plays.

Now, I can go back to wishing a career ending injury on him before he casts a dark shadow on the record books.

PLEASE, vanish like Sosa did!!!

I really wanted him to go north and screw up the Twins. :(:

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
No, its a smart business move....it has nothing to do with loyalty (i am refering to Bonds not Freddy when i say this). Bonds will bring in huge crowds this year as he is sure to chase the HR record. Should we have kept Pollite and Cotts around this year? I mean they were the best BP pitchers in all of baseball in 2005?? Thats loyal afterall.....or how about Pods? I mean he did hit that HR off Lidge in the series, so lets lock him up till 2012!!!! Use your brain!!! :rolleyes:

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
I really wanted him to go north and screw up the Twins. :(:
I was personally hoping the Cubs would sign him.....i mean they are throwing money at anyone who would put butts in the seats. What better a show to entertain the sheep that fill Wrigley than another HR chase :rolleyes:

rdwj
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM

We really need a douche bag image at our disposal

I guess this will do for now...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/Rexroth/douche-bag1.jpg

SluggersAway
12-07-2006, 11:05 PM

You sir, are a class act.

Your arguments are devastating.

Anonymity + The Internet = Complete Absence of Decorum

Congratulations for proving the theory yet again.

SluggersAway
12-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Also, one should note, that KW was bending over backwards apologizing to Garcia for having traded him only moments earlier.

SluggersAway
12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Should we have kept Pollite and Cotts around this year?

When Pollite and Cotts accomplish as much in Baseball as Bonds has and contributed millions and millions of dollars to the White Sox franchise and can continue to produce on an unspeakable level into their 40's then yes perhaps so.

SluggersAway
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
No, its a smart business move.

That was my point all along! Reread the first sentence of my post.

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
That was my point all along! Reread the first sentence of my post.
At that point i agreed with you until you decided to bring KW's loyalty to his team into question. You were correct with your points until you tried to make the point (and a false one at that) that Bonds is going back to San Fran for anything but money (where both sides will be making a ton). Money and loyalty are 2 different things......unless of course you are loyal to money

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
When Pollite and Cotts accomplish as much in Baseball as Bonds has and contributed millions and millions of dollars to the White Sox franchise and can continue to produce on an unspeakable level into their 40's then yes perhaps so.
So you are saying Freddy Garcia has contributed millions of dollars to the White Sox franchise, and could continue to do so on an unspeakable level into his late 40's? Im really confused on why you decided to bring up Garcia and trying to rip on Kenny "for his lack of loyalty" when they have nothing to do with Barry Bonds or his re-signing.

WizardsofOzzie
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM

I guess this will do for now...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/Rexroth/douche-bag1.jpg
I don't think doucebag would be the correct response.... :dumbass: will work fine

rdwj
12-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I don't think doucebag would be the correct response.... :dumbass: will work fine

touche :tongue:

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Do you kids enjoy reliving your preschool days?

MUsoxfan
12-08-2006, 01:05 AM

All-World dumb statement

Do you kids enjoy reliving your preschool days?

You got your well deserved ribbing

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 01:14 AM
All-World dumb statement

We will see who laughs last. And, I really hope I'm wrong.

MUsoxfan
12-08-2006, 01:18 AM
We will see who laughs last. And, I really hope I'm wrong.

So your clarifying your fact that Barry Bonds got re-signed due to GM loyalty and not business?! And KW has zero GM loyalty because he made what he felt to be a great business move? Interesting.

I'm preparing for my last laugh

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Read my first sentence again. It is all about the money.

MUsoxfan
12-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Read my first sentence again. It is all about the money.

Okay....I'll read it

There it is. So I have these following questions:

1) Do you know how much Freddy Garcia has made for the White Sox over there years? It's mere pennies compared to Bonds and the Giants

2) So KW should show blind loyalty to a player than won a game here and there?

Your premise is misguided. Giants GM didn't sign Bonds out of loyalty, it's because he saw the $$ signs in his head when Bonds breaks the record.

I'd like it to be known I hate the Freddy trade but I must defend against the logic of this poster

SluggersAway
12-08-2006, 01:34 AM
You missed my whole point. I'm not going to spell it out because I'm turned off by the douchebag and dumbass comments. I like a civil conversation, if you really want to know the explication of my statements private message me.

MUsoxfan
12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
You missed my whole point. I'm not going to spell it out because I'm turned off by the douchebag and dumbass comments. I like a civil conversation, if you really want to know the explication of my statements private message me.

While saying your initial statement was dumb, I never used the "dumbass" or "douchebag" tags and have tried to keep it civil.

ondafarm
12-08-2006, 03:25 AM
San Francisco is the only place I know where Bonds has not been universally bashed. It's about 50/50 on the penninsula. Maybe Ode thinks different but . . . It's a safe place for Bonds as he chases one of the most golden of records.

Baby Fisk
12-08-2006, 07:00 AM
That Barry Bonds sure brings out the best in people. :wink:

nccwsfan
12-08-2006, 08:07 AM
San Francisco is the only place I know where Bonds has not been universally bashed. It's about 50/50 on the penninsula. Maybe Ode thinks different but . . . It's a safe place for Bonds as he chases one of the most golden of records.

It's a convenient marriage for both- SF needs Bonds, Bonds needs SF. I'm glad he's not our problem.

spawn
12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Just a sad, sad day for MLB. It would've been nice for the Giants to have not signed him, and hopefully forcing Bonds to retire. Instead, he will break the Aaron's HR record this year. What a travesty. Just sad...

itsnotrequired
12-08-2006, 08:35 AM
No, its a smart business move....it has nothing to do with loyalty (i am refering to Bonds not Freddy when i say this). Bonds will bring in huge crowds this year as he is sure to chase the HR record. Should we have kept Pollite and Cotts around this year? I mean they were the best BP pitchers in all of baseball in 2005?? Thats loyal afterall.....or how about Pods? I mean he did hit that HR off Lidge in the series, so lets lock him up till 2012!!!! Use your brain!!! :rolleyes:

The Giants already got a sweet deal cooking for this season, regardless if Bonds returned or not. It isn't coincidence that the Giants have the All-Star Game this year and last year was the last year of Bond's contract. The Giants convinced MLB to let them have the All-Star Game this season, despite their new stadium being built several years ago (teams with new stadiums have recently been the host of the All-Star Game). If fans wanted tickets to the All-Star Game in 2007, they had to purchase season tickets for 2007 AND 2008. Talk about a racket. So even the act of Bond's leaving the team would have made the Giants plenty of money. Bringing him back only adds gravy to the pile of mashed potatoes.

tstrike2000
12-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Just a sad, sad day for MLB. It would've been nice for the Giants to have not signed him, and hopefully forcing Bonds to retire. Instead, he will break the Aaron's HR record this year. What a travesty. Just sad...

He would never have retired. Too many teams in the NL alone wanted him. Of course he wants to come back long enough to at least get to 756. And you're right, it is a travesty. Arguably one of the biggest travesties in all of professional sports.