PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds?

ajismyhero
12-07-2006, 01:37 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0612070171dec07,1,6699616.story

Anyone make any sense of this?

jenn2080
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0612070171dec07,1,6699616.story

Anyone make any sense of this?

I am not even going to acknowledge this. If that was to happen: Season tickets....THEY GONE!

DaleJRFan
12-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I am not even going to acknowledge this. If that was to happen: Season tickets....THEY GONE!

I agree. If Barry Bonds ever plays a game in a White Sox uniform, I will not go to another game, no joke. Don't soil my team, please... thanks.

SABRSox
The article is called Phil Rogers' BEST RUMOR. The Bonds one is his "worst RUMOR." It means nothing.

UserNameBlank
I doubt KW is that stupid. If he couldn't get along with Big Frank, there is no chance in hell he could get along with Barroids.

hi im skot
There's nowhere for him to play.

DH? No.

LF? Podsednik is less of a butcher than Bonds.

KW couldn't handle Frank's attitude...he's certainly not going to waste time dealing with Bonds.

jdm2662
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM

Ditto. I won't be seen anywhere near Comiskey if that happened as well.

oeo
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
If Bonds were to be signed, Kenny should be fired on the spot. Bonds doesn't help the organization, he hurts it.

ajismyhero
12-07-2006, 01:57 PM
The article is called Phil Rogers' BEST RUMOR. The Bonds one is his "worst RUMOR." It means nothing.

That's what i thought too - but the whole article is vague and weird.

SABRSox
12-07-2006, 01:58 PM
That's what i thought too - but the whole article is vague and weird.

It's Phil Rogers, and that "article" is worse than a blog.

crazyozzie02
12-07-2006, 02:09 PM
no!!!!!

hi im skot
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
no!!!!!

I'm thinking that this thread, as well as that signature, should probably just be ****housed.

Mr.1Dog
I thought St. Louis was speculated to be talking with Bonds...

munchman33
Well, if the plan is the trade away the entire rotation, then who cares about defense? The other team's gonna score a ton anyways. Why not outslug them?

ajismyhero
12-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm thinking that this thread, as well as that signature, should probably just be ****housed.

Aw man, i even searched to make sure no one else had started this one already!

SABRSox
12-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I thought St. Louis was speculated to be talking with Bonds...

Jocketty was out denying it, which probably means it's true. LaRussa loves the roiders.

spawn
12-07-2006, 02:15 PM
St. Louis is supposed to be the mystery team. Tim Kurjian said this morning both the Tigers and the White Sox emphatically state they are NOT the mystery teams...

hi im skot
12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Aw man, i even searched to make sure no one else had started this one already!

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that...I just meant that fact that Bonds is associated with it makes it ****house worthy.

:cool:

ajismyhero
12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Oh, I didn't mean anything by that...I just meant that fact that Bonds is associated with it makes it ****house worthy.

:cool:

That, my friend, is something i agree whole-heartedly with. The rumor scared me because we did free up so much money with the Garcia trade...but where would he play? He wouldn't be hitting many homerums coming out from the bullpen.

munchman33
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
That, my friend, is something i agree whole-heartedly with. The rumor scared me because we did free up so much money with the Garcia trade...but where would he play? He wouldn't be hitting many homerums coming out from the bullpen.

They would probably play him in left about 100 days, and spell Thome about 20 days with Bonds DHing.

D. TODD
12-07-2006, 02:49 PM
We have a full time DH in Thome, and Bonds is not a full time outfielder anymore, so this makes no sense whatsoever. If he could help the Sox I would have no problem with him coming over, but he can't, so no sense in worrying about this for the Bonds must die crew.

cbotnyse
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
could you imagine for a second if this happened? I think the WSI server would litterally explode.

BeviBall!
12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Sports Illustrated identifies us with Bonds... which comes from Rogers I suppose.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/07/truth.rumors.mlb/index.html

WhiteSox5187
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I do hope he signs with a team in the AL, I would enjoy heckling him.

thomas35forever
12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
This is about the third Barry Bonds thread I've seen. Enough with them already!!!!!!!!

MRM
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
It's an old rumor first brought up a couple of weeks ago. KW laughed it off then saying "I like Barry Bonds, He's nice to my kids. I want to keep it that way, he's not coming to the Sox"

santo=dorf
12-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Fire away at me on this, but if one player's immediate signing makes you turn on an entire organization you've cheered for your entire life, you're not a true fan of that team. You are more obsessed with that player than your own team.

If Bonds signed with the Sox, I would not root for him, and I will only stand up and cheer for one of his milestone homers if it's a walk off.

He's a jag, he's dirty, he's a crook (tax evader!!!!,) but he improves our baseball team.

If Bonds were to be signed, Kenny should be fired on the spot. Bonds doesn't help the organization, he hurts it.
How do you figure?

His tarnished chase of Hank Aaron will boost Sox ratings big time, and the Sox would become the New Yankees being the focus on Sportscenter, Sunday Night Baseball, and Fox's Saturday game of the week.

Oh, it certainly wouldn't help to have a .120 increase in OBP for LF next season either.

Also I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT THE SOX SHOULD GET BARRY BONDS

jenn2080
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Fire away at me on this, but if one player's immediate signing makes you turn on an entire organization you've cheered for your entire life, you're not a true fan of that team. You are more obsessed with that player than your own team.

If Bonds signed with the Sox, I would not root for him, and I will only stand up and cheer for one of his milestone homers if it's a walk off.

He's a jag, he's dirty, he's a crook (tax evader!!!!,) but he improves our baseball team.

How do you figure?

His tarnished chase of Hank Aaron will boost Sox ratings big time, and the Sox would become the New Yankees being the focus on Sportscenter, Sunday Night Baseball, and Fox's Saturday game of the week.

Oh, it certainly wouldn't help to have a .120 increase in OBP for LF next season either.

I would rather not have the ratings. It is not worth it. He is a cancer and that's that! We do not need publicity from a player like that.

getonbckthr
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I would rather not have the ratings. It is not worth it. He is a cancer and that's that! We do not need publicity from a player like that.
The old saying goes "the only bad publicity is no publicity at all!"

Jurr
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
The Sox do not need any more homers. They need OBP ALONG WITH a legitimate bunting and base stealing threat. Period. We don't need homers, walks, and lumbering on the basepaths. We have enough of that.

oeo
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM

How do you figure?

Because this is turning into what could be looked at as the Golden Age of White Sox baseball. Bonds comes here, and I honestly believe that a lot of people would turn away from the team. So we get one year of Bonds, and put the fanbase back in the ****ter for another decade or two. Yes, that's exactly what the organization needs.

No thank you; I'd rather overpay for Manny than bring that douchebag here.

lumpyspun
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM

Are you serious? Who cares about what Sportscenter, Sunday Night Baseball, and most of all Fox's Saturday game of the week think of the Sox.

I can't think of much I hate more about baseball than Fox's Saturday game of the week. If we never played another one of those I would be happy.

oeo
12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, the dreams of Barry Bonds in a Sox uni are over. He's going back to the Giants, 1-year contract worth $16-million.

12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
He's like a high schooler, fliirting with other people just to make the one he loves jealous and do something over the top for him. Thank God he is not one the South Side. 16 mill for a guy who can barely play the OF anymore.

samram
12-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, the dreams of Barry Bonds in a Sox uni are over. He's going back to the Giants, 1-year contract worth $16-million.

Dreams? Nightmares, actually.

Jjav829
12-08-2006, 12:35 AM

Damn, and I was hoping that was why Kenny was clearing payroll.