PDA

View Full Version : I'm Picking up Good Vibrations...

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Sox are sending me excitation...

I wanted 1500 to be something special, so here goes...

I am that rarest of animals, an optimistic Sox fan. I don't think I am delusional like flubbie fans are, but I do think the Sox are well on their way to breaking their 84 year run of finishing no better than second.

The offense is as potent as any I can remember. It is as good as anything from the 70's and way better than the one in 1994. The only question mark is the starting pitching. Fortunately there is a huge quantity of talent that is almost ready. It won't take much to turn this team into a pennant contender in each of the next few years. Maybe one more veteran starter and they could make a run this year, but if not, 2003 and beyond should be exciting times to be a Sox fan. Pitchers like Rauch, Garland, Wright and Buehrle can put the Sox over the hump if they merely pitch up to their abilities. The bullpen is deep, experienced and talented, with Foulke taking the title of best closer in team history, IMO.

Don't know where we are headed, but with any luck at all, sometime in the next 5 seasons, Sox fans will be able to raise their hands over their heads and scream, "We're #1."

GO SOX!!!

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 11:17 PM
I guess it was 1501 that was the impotent one...

:D:

So, here it is...

OfficerKarkovice
03-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sox are sending me excitation...

I wanted 1500 to be something special, so here goes...

I am that rarest of animals, an optimistic Sox fan. I don't think I am delusional like flubbie fans are, but I do think the Sox are well on their way to breaking their 84 year run of finishing no better than second.

The offense is as potent as any I can remember. It is as good as anything from the 70's and way better than the one in 1994. The only question mark is the starting pitching. Fortunately there is a huge quantity of talent that is almost ready. It won't take much to turn this team into a pennant contender in each of the next few years. Maybe one more veteran starter and they could make a run this year, but if not, 2003 and beyond should be exciting times to be a Sox fan. Pitchers like Rauch, Garland, Wright and Buehrle can put the Sox over the hump if they merely pitch up to their abilities. The bullpen is deep, experienced and talented, with Foulke taking the title of best closer in team history, IMO.

Don't know where we are headed, but with any luck at all, sometime in the next 5 seasons, Sox fans will be able to raise their hands over their heads and scream, "We're #1."

GO SOX!!!

Good post voodoo...and congrats on 1500

Daver
03-07-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I guess it was 1501 that was the impotent one...

:D:

So, here it is...

Congrats,but impotent? Perhaps Impawtant would have been better.:redneck

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by daver

Congrats,but impotent? Perhaps Impawtant would have been better.:redneck

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

Too funny...

ummm... I did that on purpose... Yeah, that's it... That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Funny how one little letter can change the whole meaning of a post...

Daver, did you abuse your moderator position and edit me?

(just joking...)

And now, to celebrate the achievment I present... the flying tomato brothers, back together for the first time since the famous thread of the same name and here to amaze you...

:angry:
:angry: :angry:
:angry: :angry: :angry:
:angry: :angry:
:angry:

Daver
03-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Who? Me?