PDA

View Full Version : Comcast...

ukigdog
12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Watching comcast, they interviewed KW, and supposedly he said that the sox were looking at something that didnt include one of our starters and was much bigger than that, but he isnt optomistic. Anyone have any idea what deal that might be, and has anyone heard from another source something similar?

JermaineDye05
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing whatever it was it involved either Crede, Pods, or Brian.

Maybe the proposed Crede for Figgins deal or something like that or perhaps he's talking about the possible 3-way deal with the White Sox, Red Sox, and Dodgers

oeo
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm guessing whatever it was it involved either Crede, Pods, or Brian.

Maybe the proposed Crede for Figgins deal or something like that or perhaps he's talking about the possible 3-way deal with the White Sox, Red Sox, and Dodgers

Crede for Figgins is not a big trade...maybe for the Angels, not for the Sox.

I'd imagine that rumored 3-way trade would have a starter involved. And if he isn't optimistic, there's probably a very small chance that anything ever happens.

ukigdog
12-06-2006, 06:49 PM
quoting more of what was said in the interview kw said that it is something that is pretty big, but something that isnt close or imminent, but he knows that things change by the hour. He also said that this is something that can come full circle at some point and happen, but hes not confident right now. I wish we can have some insight. Hearing this interview with KW, im just about 100 percent sure BM will be in the majors the start the season. I dont think KW will let this opportunity to get such value for one of our starters to just go by. I am just anxious to see what will happen!

SluggersAway
12-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Watching comcast, they interviewed KW, and supposedly he said that the sox were looking at something that didnt include one of our starters and was much bigger than that, but he isnt optomistic. Anyone have any idea what deal that might be, and has anyone heard from another source something similar?

I was at the Orlando International Airport this evening, I overheard a cell phone call and I can absolutely confirm that this deal includes A-Rod for Anderson and Uribe while Barry Bonds signs on as well.

SluggersAway
12-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Also, not to nitpick, but if you were watching Comcast then I have to assume that KW did indeed say such a thing. Perhaps you meant that according to KW, the Sox were "supposedly" looking at something that didn't include one of our starters but was much bigger than that.

If not, you really don't know what KW said or didn't say even while listening to the words come out of his mouth while watching the television screen.

DaleJRFan
12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I was at the Orlando International Airport this evening, I overheard a cell phone call and I can absolutely confirm that this deal includes A-Rod for Anderson and Uribe while Barry Bonds signs on as well.

The ChiSoxTony jokes are sooooo 2005. :cool:

ukigdog
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
well, they actually showed footage of kw being interviewed, he said all the stuff about a big deal, and may come full circle, etc like i said from his mouth. the no pitcher being involved was comcast reporter saying, then going to the clip of kw talking

SluggersAway
12-06-2006, 07:08 PM
The ChiSoxTony jokes are sooooo 2005. :cool:

The ChiSoxTony joke never gets old because he is reincarnated every off-season, witness the recent thread where someone said he had "inside info" but then later admitted his friend got the rumour straight out of the Cubune.

SluggersAway
12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
well, they actually showed footage of kw being interviewed, he said all the stuff about a big deal, and may come full circle, etc like i said from his mouth. the no pitcher being involved was comcast reporter saying, then going to the clip of kw talking

I wasn't questioning your report only the placement of the word "supposedly."

Thanks for the heads up!

DaleJRFan
12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I wasn't questioning your report only the placement of the word "supposedly."

Thanks for the heads up!

c'mon, give the guy a break. He's the WSI hot stove beat reporter and he's typing super fast to give us the quick scooop... :D:

ukigdog
12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
yea, sorry i dont post often but read every day. now that i finally have time on my hands and work is slowing down i can post more often. im just hoping that the sox dont do soemthing stupid, but at the same time i think a move needs to be made. but i am having a hard time thinking what can be bigger than moving a SP ?? Only time will tell i guess. im just not happy about the holes that we clearly have from last season.

Myrtle72
12-06-2006, 07:19 PM
yea, sorry i dont post often but read every day. now that i finally have time on my hands and work is slowing down i can post more often. im just hoping that the sox dont do soemthing stupid, but at the same time i think a move needs to be made. but i am having a hard time thinking what can be bigger than moving a SP ?? Only time will tell i guess. im just not happy about the holes that we clearly have from last season.

I think we're all on the same page with you there, no one wants to see the Sox do something stupid. The problem is, I'd say there are at least 500 different versions of what "stupid" is according to posters on this forum. :cool:

SluggersAway
12-06-2006, 07:23 PM
c'mon, give the guy a break. He's the WSI hot stove beat reporter and he's typing super fast to give us the quick scooop... :D:

You are right, ChiSoxTony jokes and language usage comments already. This looks like it will be a long, agonizing respite from baseball.

Hot stove beat reporters fire away!

(hmmm, I wonder what the churro vendor from the Upper Deck Concourse knows....I'll be back, I have to make a call...)

CLR01
12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Barry Bonds signs on as well.

Are the Sox looking for a shot girl?

BeviBall!
12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
(hmmm, I wonder what the churro vendor from the Upper Deck Concourse knows....I'll be back, I have to make a call...)

You know Maury too? Tell that joker to gimme a call!

CLR01
12-06-2006, 07:29 PM

I work in the stadium club and my boss told me that 500 chocolate truffles are being delievered tomorrow. That many candies requires a large gathering of people so there is likely to be a press conference tomorrow night.

JUribe1989
12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I work in the stadium club and my boss told me that 500 chocolate truffles are being delievered tomorrow. That many candies requires a large gathering of people so there is likely to be a press conference tomorrow night.

I'm assuming the lack of teal means you are serious about this. If so, thanks for the early info CLR01 and I shall consider this possible press conference faith rewarded. You are serious about that right?

CLR01
12-06-2006, 10:00 PM

Are you ready to name me poster of the year yet?

Domeshot17
12-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Not unless you tell us its to introduce Rocco Baldelli