PDA

View Full Version : Looks like trouble...

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Here's an article that spells trouble for the Sox...just like I've been saying...

Check it out...
How do you spell trouble? (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020307_noteboo k_news&team_id=cws)

Tell me what you guys think... :(:

Cheryl
03-07-2002, 09:30 PM
I thought that "Come Ready to Play" stuff meant us lefties should bring our gloves to the ballpark with us.

kermittheefrog
03-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Here's an article that spells trouble for the Sox...just like I've been saying...

Check it out...
How do you spell trouble? (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020307_noteboo k_news&team_id=cws)

Tell me what you guys think... :(:

I'm sorry but situational lefty out the pen isn't exactly a vital unfillable gap like say losing Thomas last year.

baggio202
03-07-2002, 09:34 PM
what bothers me more is manuel saying the catching battle will go down to the last day between johnson and paul....is he out of his friggen mind....johnson is the best defensive catcher we have and is the only one that can throw anyone out....paul threw out an astonishing 16% of runners last year and had an fldg pct around 90%...why wasnt he just cut loose???..or sent down to learn a new position ....HE IS NO CATCHER

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I thought that "Come Ready to Play" stuff meant us lefties should bring our gloves to the ballpark with us.

LOL!!! Yeah, hey, I bet we could be in competition for that spot until the last day... :D:

CerberusWG
03-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Two words:

DAN PLESAC

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

I'm sorry but situational lefty out the pen isn't exactly a vital unfillable gap like say losing Thomas last year.

But still look at the people we have for our pitching staff...it's not really just the situational lefty, but rather the pitching staff as a whole...I mean other than Buehrle, Ritchie, Foulke, maybe Osuna, and maybe Wright, everyone else is either injured or have not been showing anything promising...seriously, I worry about the Sox pitching staff...hopefully we have some young guys step up (like maybe Wade Parrish)... :?:

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
what bothers me more is manuel saying the catching battle will go down to the last day between johnson and paul....is he out of his friggen mind....johnson is the best defensive catcher we have and is the only one that can throw anyone out....paul threw out an astonishing 16% of runners last year and had an fldg pct around 90%...why wasnt he just cut loose???..or sent down to learn a new position ....HE IS NO CATCHER

I agree with you, I would be totally outraged if Paul was not released by the end of Spring Training...he's gotta go... :angry:

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Two words:

DAN PLESAC

Hmmmm...interesting, we would be getting a guy that wants to play for our team (fulfill his dream) AND a decent one as well...

It wouldn't even take much to get him either... :gulp:

:KW

"Yes, we've acquired Dan Pleaseme for a six-pack"

Lisa
03-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

Dammit! I was counting on playing 2B this year!

Soxheads
03-07-2002, 09:47 PM

I agree with you, I would be totally outraged if Paul was not released by the end of Spring Training...he's gotta go... :angry:

Great. Johnson - Paul will soon become as bad as Valentin - Clayton.

Pete_SSAC
03-07-2002, 09:51 PM
what bothers me more is manuel saying the catching battle will go down to the last day between johnson and paul....

I think he's being nice to Paul. If you look at offense in ST, Johnson has done a lot more too.

I think he has about 4 RBI's, does Paul have any?

- Pete

baggio202
03-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

I think he's being nice to Paul. If you look at offense in ST, Johnson has done a lot more too.

I think he has about 4 RBI's, does Paul have any?

- Pete

i hope so pete....alomar / paul...teams like kc would licking their chops at the number of stolen bases...knoblauch would steal 30 on us alone....

maybe he just talking up paul to help kw see if he can trade him????

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

WOW, I noticed that you've become more optimistic (your sig)...aren't you worried about the pitching staff??? Because I am... :?:

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 10:02 PM

maybe he just talking up paul to help kw see if he can trade him????

LOL!!! Now, that is a concept...Paul is probably worth (at most) a jock strap... :D:

Hey, maybe we can trade him to the Blue Jays for Plesac... :o:

:dumbash

"I'll take that trade and I'll toss in Delgado and the rest of our good players!"

Daver
03-07-2002, 10:14 PM

LOL!!! Now, that is a concept...Paul is probably worth (at most) a jock strap... :D:

Hey, maybe we can trade him to the Blue Jays for Plesac... :o:

:dumbash

"I'll take that trade and I'll toss in Delgado and the rest of our good players!"

I would rather trade Royce and cut Paul.

TimChamp
03-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yeah, too bad we don't have dumbAsh to trade with anymore or else that deal would have been done by now... :(:

DrCrawdad
03-08-2002, 12:05 AM
johnson is the best defensive catcher we have and is the only one that can throw anyone out....

Miguel Olivo

The man.
The arm.
The speedster.

On the 10PM news I saw Miguel leg out his inside the park HR. Moments later he was getting warmed by the defibrillating paddles.

RedPinStripes
03-08-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

God i hope not. Mark should make the team without a question.

RedPinStripes
03-08-2002, 12:39 AM

:versatile
"Ichiro who? Never heard of him. Can he throw?"

PANFIRECRACKER
03-08-2002, 01:08 PM

Hmmmmmmm, who did toronto get to replace gonzalez?

foulkesfan11
03-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Paul was good up until last year. Beating Johnson for the back up catcher spot went to his head, along with many other things. I just hope Alomar stays healthy!