PDA

View Full Version : Sawx sign Lugo to a 4yr/$36 million

palehozenychicty
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
linkee (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2687827)

I guess Epstein is trying to start a new tour in Australia after the season, cause he is spending like a lame duck. I mean, dag...:o:

MUsoxfan
12-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Days like this make me very thankful I'm not a Sawx fan

palehozenychicty
12-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Days like this make me very thankful I'm not a Sawx fan

Really. Their second half debacle really messed with their heads, as they were going to go with younger players, etc. until the Black Jays finished ahead of them. Now they're matching the Cubs with ridiculous moves. Me likey. Another competitor down the tubes. :cool:

Domeshot17
12-05-2006, 10:47 PM
And they wonder why they get called The Red Cubs

seriously, its like Theo and Jim Hendry are in competition for who can look like the biggest moron this offseason.

"I'll open with a 52 million dollar bid to negotiate with a pitcher"
"We will call, and raise you Alfonso Soriano, He will be making about 20 million when he is 39 and unable to be 25-25 anymore"

"I see your soriano and raise you JD Drew, Less money, but in terms of sucking per dollar, bigger bet"

"Well we call JD Drew to see a flop"

"...Speaking of Flop, we will bet Ted Lilly, 11 mil plus to lose as many games as he wins"

"Oh yah, well we see Ted Lilly, raise you Julio Lugo, he beats his wife.. plus, AND on the turn, we will trade a top 5 hitter in the game today for probably nothing"

I can't wait for Hendry and Theo to see the river

Jjav829
12-05-2006, 11:17 PM
That contract will look like **** in 2 years. Just like most of the contracts handed out this offseason, I suppose...

DSpivack
12-06-2006, 12:16 AM
That contract will look like **** in 2 years. Just like most of the contracts handed out this offseason, I suppose...

KW must just be sitting back and laughing. Dye at 6 mil? All those starters at around 9, must look like a bargain now.

Fenway
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Another year another shortstop for Boston.

Dan Duquette created this problem when he waived David Eckstein in 2000.

PeteWard
12-06-2006, 08:30 AM
They have to deal Ramirez now right? God I hope he goes to Chicago.

The Cubs could use another left fielder in the Dave Kingman defensive tradition.

Fenway
12-06-2006, 08:35 AM
They have to deal Ramirez now right? God I hope he goes to Chicago.

The Cubs could use another left fielder in the Dave Kingman defensive tradition.

Every indication is Manny is staying in Boston.

[/URL][URL="http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=170668"]Deals a sign Manny stays
(http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=170668)By Tony Massarotti/ Baseball
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Letís make this simple enough for everyone to understand. If J.D. Drew is here to hit behind Manny Ramirez and Julio Lugo is here...

ewokpelts
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Every indication is Manny is staying in Boston.

Deals a sign Manny stays
(http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=170668)By Tony Massarotti/ Baseball
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Letís make this simple enough for everyone to understand. If J.D. Drew is here to hit behind Manny Ramirez and Julio Lugo is here...sucks to be a blow sawks fan

palehozenychicty
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Another year another shortstop for Boston.

Dan Duquette created this problem when he waived David Eckstein in 2000.

Fens, why didn't they make any effort to keep Cabrera back in '04? He was huge for them in that season.

Fenway
12-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Fens, why didn't they make any effort to keep Cabrera back in '04? He was huge for them in that season.

Theo was in love with Edgar Renteria which was a complete disaster. Cabrera wanted to stay, fans loved him..but

Theo has been chasing Lugo for 2 years.

Bottom line, I don't think Brian Cashman is losing any sleep over Boston's moves so far.

Flight #24
12-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Bottom line, I don't think Brian Cashman is losing any sleep over Boston's moves so far.

Damn that Epstein!!! If only he'd been smarter, he could have pushed Cash to make an ARod - Garcia/Crede deal!:angry:

Ol' No. 2
12-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Damn that Epstein!!! If only he'd been smarter, he could have pushed Cash to make an ARod - Garcia/Crede deal!:angry:That's easy. All Theo's got to do is float a rumor that he's about to make a trade for Garcia and Crede and Kenny's phone will be ringing within a nanosecond.

BA: The Hitman
12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
This market is ridiculous. I mean, Julio Lugo gets $9 million a year?!?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me. He's not a bad player, but nowhere near 9 mill a year. KW keeps looking smarter as he sits back for everyone to overpay and then he will get going making some moves.

Kuzman
12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
And they wonder why they get called The Red Cubs

seriously, its like Theo and Jim Hendry are in competition for who can look like the biggest moron this offseason.

"I'll open with a 52 million dollar bid to negotiate with a pitcher"
"We will call, and raise you Alfonso Soriano, He will be making about 20 million when he is 39 and unable to be 25-25 anymore"

"I see your soriano and raise you JD Drew, Less money, but in terms of sucking per dollar, bigger bet"

"Well we call JD Drew to see a flop"

"...Speaking of Flop, we will bet Ted Lilly, 11 mil plus to lose as many games as he wins"

"Oh yah, well we see Ted Lilly, raise you Julio Lugo, he beats his wife.. plus, AND on the turn, we will trade a top 5 hitter in the game today for probably nothing"

I can't wait for Hendry and Theo to see the river

I had to forward this quote to a Cubs fan I work with. He thought it was hysterical! Good work sir, good work.