PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Sports Net update on Winter Meetings

Domeshot17
12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Probably could have got all their Material off this board.

All they mentioned was Kenny and Cashman had a lot of talk and no action. Neither is willing to make the other team better. They said the Rowand talks were limited, as were the Vernon Wells talks and Kenny has kicked the tires with almost every GM there.

Said The cubs would be overpaying for Lilly, but he would be there number 2.

The only thing I had not heard before was Jaque Jones quietly has asked the cubs to trade him, he is very unhappy with the Cubs.

MUsoxfan
12-05-2006, 06:57 PM
That show has ever been a front-runner with breaking news. There's not much news that's not broken here first before it's picked up by the mainstream media

HotelWhiteSox
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Usually the radio and/or ESPNEWS will have it first

DSpivack
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Probably could have got all their Material off this board.

All they mentioned was Kenny and Cashman had a lot of talk and no action. Neither is willing to make the other team better. They said the Rowand talks were limited, as were the Vernon Wells talks and Kenny has kicked the tires with almost every GM there.

Said The cubs would be overpaying for Lilly, but he would be there number 2.

The only thing I had not heard before was Jaque Jones quietly has asked the cubs to trade him, he is very unhappy with the Cubs.

Probably angry at the classy fans the Cubs have in the bleachers. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

FedEx227
12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Probably angry at the classy fans the Cubs have in the bleachers. I don't blame him for wanting to leave.

Um I think you're forgetting they are the best fans in the world.

Albeit racist, drunk, annoying and not knowledgeable in the game of baseball.

Soxfanspcu11
12-06-2006, 04:36 AM

As much as I hate Jockstrap, I am actually surprised that it took him this long to be fed up with those morons on the North Side.

I know that he came here because of the $$$, but at some point you have to weigh your wallet with your dignity and sanity.

As I have said numerous times in other threads, we need to get some sort of over/under bet on how long it takes Soriano to demand a trade from that circus.