PDA

View Full Version : Ozuna signs 1 year deal

103 screwball
12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Ozuna signed a 1 year deal for 800,000 per 670 Score.

oeo
12-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I think this is that huge deal the Nats' GM was talking about.

itsnotrequired
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I like Ozuna.

lakeviewsoxfan
12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Hope to god we don't see an Ozuna/Pods platoon again.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I like Ozuna.
Me too, he's a good backup infielder. Outfield, not so much

Palehose13
12-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I like Ozuna.

I like Ozuna and taco dip. Not necessarily at the same time.

infohawk
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
That's it. We're set! But seriously, I really like Pablo's contributions to the team. I don't even mind him playing left field once in awhile, provided it's not a windy day.:tongue:

DumpJerry
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Pablo is one of the top bench guys in MLB.

1951Campbell
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Me too, he's a good backup infielder. Outfield, not so much

*shudders at Pablo in the OF*

He can be quite timely with the stick as well.

wilburaga
12-05-2006, 01:05 PM
His charge and throw to nail Casey at first (7-3) was one of the memorable plays of 2006.

W

DaleJRFan
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Much like Gload, Pablo got better (or less worse... depending on how you look at it) in the outfield in 06... but I agree, no more infielders playing outfield positions.

With that said, Ozuna is one of my favorite Sox players, he is a ton of fun to watch play the game... stealing home, stretching a bloop single into a double.. glad he's around for another year.

Madvora
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
His charge and throw to nail Casey at first (7-3) was one of the memorable plays of 2006.

W
Oh yeah! That was outstanding.
Pablo is the most exciting player we have.

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Good.

Now the stage is set for some Pablo heroics for Core of the Core/WSI Fest next year!

-05 Pablo steals home
-06 Pablo walk-off bunt
-07 ?????

Palehose13
12-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Good.

Now the stage is set for some Pablo heroics for Core of the Core/WSI Fest next year!

-05 Pablo steals home
-06 Pablo walk-off bunt
-07 ?????

Pablo makes all three outs in one play in the top of the ninth to end a close game? :dunno:

DumpJerry
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Good.

-05 Pablo steals home
-06 Pablo walk-off bunt
-07 ?????

Pablo makes all three outs in one play in the top of the ninth to end a close game? :dunno:
-Pablo strikes out the side with the bases loaded and the Sox up by 1 in the 9th.
-Pablo convinces Johan Santana to leave the Twins and sign a 5 year deal with the Sox for $900,000 per year.
-Pablo bowls over Matthew Barrett causing Barrett to miss five games due to soreness while Pablo is pain-free.

jenn2080
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Good I love Pablo :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

skottyj242
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
How does Pablo make for than Ross?

This is stupid, Pablo single handedly was responsible for the SOX getting swept at Wrigley.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
12-05-2006, 02:00 PM
-Pablo strikes out the side with the bases loaded and the Sox up by 1 in the 9th.
-Pablo convinces Johan Santana to leave the Twins and sign a 5 year deal with the Sox for $900,000 per year.
-Pablo bowls over Michael Barrett causing Barrett to miss five games due to soreness while Pablo is pain-free.
Fixed

mcfish
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
-Pablo bowls over Matthew Barrett causing Barrett to miss five games due to soreness while Pablo is pain-free.
I'd be thrilled if this happened and he were paid $9,000,000 per year. However, the way things are going, his first major free agent contract is going to be for $19,000,000 per year. The only reason that doesn't happen is if he is attracted to Minnesota for some reason and decides to stay cheap, but even so it would still be 8 figurers at least. Would the Twins would be willing to pay that much? We'll have to see in a few years

JermaineDye05
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Good.

-05 Pablo steals home
-06 Pablo walk-off bunt
-07 ?????

don't forget the game tying homerun off of" Everyday Eddy"

who saw that one coming? it just barely got out and Pablo just immediately started walking.

DSpivack
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM

Who? :cool:

DickAllen72
12-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Everyone's favorite Backyardigan is back again! :bandance:

soxfan26
12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome back Pablo!

palehozenychicty
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM
:bandance:

Pablo is a maestro off the bench and on the bases. His walk-off bunt last year against the scum laden A's was an unbelievable capper to an unreal game.

JB98
12-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Pablo is a subpar defensive player, but he has frequently come off the bench to give us a spark offensively. Good guy to have around. I'm glad he's back.

twentywontowin
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Means my Pablo jersey is good for another year. :D:

StillMissOzzie
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM

W

Oh yeah! That was outstanding.
Pablo is the most exciting player we have.

Exciting, yes, but that was a 5-7-3 putout. Crede got a glove on the ball.

SMO
:cool:

thomas35forever
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Way to go, KW!:bandance:

Cuck_The_Fubs
12-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Good.

-05 Pablo steals home
-06 Pablo walk-off bunt
-07 ?????
He also hit a game tying HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs left in '06. Pablo is definitely one of my favorite players, no joke. I love it when he blows bubbles while running to first on a duck-snort. He should make his own brand of bubble gum, 'Pa"Blows" original bubble gum'....Ok, i'll stop rambling now.:redface:

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
don't forget the game tying homerun off of" Everyday Eddy"

who saw that one coming? it just barely got out and Pablo just immediately started walking.

He also hit a game tying HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs left in '06. Pablo is definitely one of my favorite players, no joke. I love it when he blows bubbles while running to first on a duck-snort. He should make his own brand of bubble gum, 'Pa"Blows" original bubble gum'....Ok, i'll stop rambling now.:redface:

But they weren't during the WSI Parties, therefore they don't count.

DumpJerry
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Fixed

Who? :cool:

Come on guys, I don't pay close enough attention to the friggin' Cubs' roster to get the first names right. I knew it was a "M" name....

I'd be thrilled if this happened and he were paid $9,000,000 per year. However, the way things are going, his first major free agent contract is going to be for $19,000,000 per year. The only reason that doesn't happen is if he is attracted to Minnesota for some reason and decides to stay cheap, but even so it would still be 8 figurers at least. Would the Twins would be willing to pay that much? We'll have to see in a few years
I thought the other two statements in my post would indicate that this was an attempt at humor......I guess I better not quit my day job.

tomgordon1
12-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Ozuna's gotta be the best bench player in all of baseball. Of course his experience isn't as much as other players but everytime he comes late into a game, something good usually results. His hamstring injury prevented him from batting .400 or better. Also, he didn't commit any errors in left field and made some sweet diving catches out there. He will help us with the push for the playoffs in '07

KRS1
12-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Ozuna's gotta be the best bench player in all of baseball. Of course his experience isn't as much as other players but everytime he comes late into a game, something good usually results. His hamstring injury prevented him from batting .400 or better. Also, he didn't commit any errors in left field and made some sweet diving catches out there. He will help us with the push for the playoffs in '07

I dont agree with any of what you just said. He looked horrid in LF for the first half, and then so-so the second half. Almost all of his sliding catches were the result of his horrible reads, and late breaks on balls. Going by how many errors someone has, or doesnt have in the OF really isnt something to go by when judging a player. Saying Pablo would have hit .400 in 200 or so AB's would be expecting a little much if you ask me, even if he hadnt gotten slowed down by an injury. The glove is a big part of being of a bench player, and while Pablo has shown some versitility, he hasnt shown anything more than an acceptable glove at any position(and downright lousy at some).

Soxfanspcu11
12-06-2006, 03:56 AM

:?:

:o:

What the **** happened in this post?!?!?!

He didn't commit any errors in left-field???? Do you not remember the second series of the year in Kansas City when he committed about 10 errors in one inning??

I agree with most other posters when they say that this is a good signing, he certainly is a good guy off the bench. However, he most certainly is not an outfielder and not really a good infielder either. He is just not that good defensively.

I agree with you when you say that he is underrated, but the MOST underrated in all of baseball?? I don't think so. Also, I do agree with you when you say that good things tend to happen when he comes in the game late.

I am holding out hope however that you were drunk out of your find when you posted the NO ERRORS part though!:D:

EDIT-I thought you said most underrated, but you actually said best bench player. To which, I still do not agree.

KRS1
12-06-2006, 04:01 AM
:?:

:o:

What the **** happened in this post?!?!?!

He didn't commit any errors in left-field???? Do you not remember the second series of the year in Kansas City when he committed about 10 errors in one inning??

I agree with most other posters when they say that this is a good signing, he certainly is a good guy off the bench. However, he most certainly is not an outfielder and not really a good infielder either. He is just not that good defensively.

I agree with you when you say that he is underrated, but the MOST underrated in all of baseball?? I don't think so. Also, I do agree with you when you say that good things tend to happen when he comes in the game late.

I am holding out hope however that you were drunk out of your find when you posted the NO ERRORS part though!:D:

EDIT-I thought you said most underrated, but you actually said best bench player. To which, I still do not agree.

Statistically speaking, he was correct in saying he no errors in LF last year, but as I said, that doesnt mean squat in the OF. He cant be given an errors if he doesnt touch the ball. I think we all remember the KC game you speak of, where he looked like the kid from 'Sandlot' going back and forth, breaking the wrong way, and falling down behind fly balls. That's illustration enough to how bad it is to go by erros as a stat in the OF(well, really all stats are a bad way to judge a LF, IMO).

Soxfanspcu11
12-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Statistically speaking, he was correct in saying he no errors in LF last year, but as I said, that doesnt mean squat in the OF. He cant be given an errors if he doesnt touch the ball. I think we all remember the KC game you speak of, where he looked like the kid from 'Sandlot' going back and forth, breaking the wrong way, and falling down behind fly balls. That's illustration enough to how bad it is to go by erros as a stat in the OF(well, really all stats are a bad way to judge a LF, IMO).

The scorekeeper did NOT give him ANY errors in that game???:o:

What the ****?!?! He must have been factoring in the wind conditions or something, geez!:?:

Cuck_The_Fubs
12-06-2006, 06:14 AM
At least he's entertaining :tongue: