PDA

View Full Version : One of the many reasons I hate Jeter

fquaye149
12-05-2006, 08:01 AM
http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/12/one-more-time-as-clear-as-i-can-make.html

what a jerk.

samram
12-05-2006, 08:18 AM
But I was told he was the greatest man on Earth.

*consults life coach*

PatK
12-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I hate him because after dating Jessica Alba, Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minillo, and a slew of others, he's now dating Jessica Beil.

jenn2080
12-05-2006, 10:44 AM
I hope there is a many reasons I hate A rod.

JohnTucker0814
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
I hate him because after dating Jessica Alba, Mariah Carey, Vanessa Minillo, and a slew of others, he's now dating Jessica Beil.

Mariah Carey does not belong in that list... the Jessica's though... woo hoo!

rdwj
12-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Mariah Carey does not belong in that list... the Jessica's though... woo hoo!

You can almost hear the "which of these things is not like the others?" song as you read it.

I've never had a problem with Jeter. Seems like a decent guy that has EVERYTHING you could possibly want. He conducts himself with class, speaks well and doesn't act like a clown.

palehozenychicty
12-05-2006, 11:45 AM
http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/12/one-more-time-as-clear-as-i-can-make.html

what a jerk.

Screw Jeter. He still holds a grudge when Alex spoke ill of him in an Esquire magazine six years ago, and has not budged in the press or on the field.

fquaye149
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
I hope there is a many reasons I hate A rod.

Why would I start that thread when I don't hate A-Rod at all?

fquaye149
12-05-2006, 01:22 PM
You can almost hear the "which of these things is not like the others?" song as you read it.

I've never had a problem with Jeter. Seems like a decent guy that has EVERYTHING you could possibly want. He conducts himself with class, speaks well and doesn't act like a clown.

Nice enough guy off the field.

On the field...well...made A-Rod move to third to the detriment of his team

Sold out A-Rod while supporting....JASON GIAMBI????

oh, and he plays for the Yankees

EVERYTHING I could possibly hate

PKalltheway
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM

what a jerk.
Agreed. What a prick. You'll stand up for Mr. Steroids, but you won't stand up for A-Rod. *******.

rdwj
12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Nice enough guy off the field.

On the field...well...made A-Rod move to third to the detriment of his team

Sold out A-Rod while supporting....JASON GIAMBI????

oh, and he plays for the Yankees

EVERYTHING I could possibly hate

He didn't MAKE A-Rod move anywhere. When the Yanks signed him , I'm sure A-Rod was WELL aware that there was a very good SS there that probably wasn't going to move. And what makes you think that the tandom of A-Rod at short and Jeter at third would be better than how it is?

RKMeibalane
12-05-2006, 02:34 PM
He didn't MAKE A-Rod move anywhere. When the Yanks signed him , I'm sure A-Rod was WELL aware that there was a very good SS there that probably wasn't going to move. And what makes you think that the tandom of A-Rod at short and Jeter at third would be better than how it is?

Except that the Yankees traded for A-Rod. It was Texas who originally signed him to that elephantine contract.

samram
12-05-2006, 02:44 PM

What makes me think that is ARod is way better at SS than Jeter is and SS is more important than 3B.

rdwj
12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Except that the Yankees traded for A-Rod. It was Texas who originally signed him to that elephantine contract.

Whatever - he had to waive his no-trade to get there. The point was he wasn't FORCED to do anything. He knew where he was going to play from the get-go.

rdwj
12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
What makes me think that is ARod is way better at SS than Jeter is and SS is more important than 3B.

But I think A-Rods superior ability may have made the change easier on him that it would have been for Jeter.

chaerulez
12-05-2006, 02:53 PM

You are aware, at the time (and well mental blocks aside in present time) A-Rod was considered the far better defensive SS than Jeter. Jeter's Gold Gloves are a joke, his range (probably the most important factor in rating the defensive ability of a SS) is poor and he doesn't exactly have a rocket arm either.

ondafarm
12-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I will never complain about one teammate supporting another, even to the point of an illogical and untenable defense. When I had my second knee surgery and had a slow road back and then. after a further minor cleanup on the same knee called it quits, several sportswriters called upon me to pay back to the Dragons the cost of at least the second cleanup operation. Never mind that a) I didn't have the money (career minor leaguer) and b) I was barely hobbling around come spring training and unable to swing a bat without pain, I wasn't going to be back anytime soon.

Well, every last teammate of mine came to my defense; the team even voted to exclude several sportswriters from camp and to stonewall them until public contractions were published. The Dragons never even inquired about being repaid and their spokesman even repeatedly ignored requests for comments and complied with the stonewall as soon as it was announced.

I do not blame Jeter for going to Giambi's defense.

I do blame Jeter for not supporting ARod in any and all ways.

I'm not saying lie about anything but you defend your teammates.

RKMeibalane
12-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I will never complain about one teammate supporting another, even to the point of an illogical and untenable defense. When I had my second knee surgery and had a slow road back and then. after a further minor cleanup on the same knee called it quits, several sportswriters called upon me to pay back to the Dragons the cost of at least the second cleanup operation. Never mind that a) I didn't have the money (career minor leaguer) and b) I was barely hobbling around come spring training and unable to swing a bat without pain, I wasn't going to be back anytime soon.

Well, every last teammate of mine came to my defense; the team even voted to exclude several sportswriters from camp and to stonewall them until public contractions were published. The Dragons never even inquired about being repaid and their spokesman even repeatedly ignored requests for comments and complied with the stonewall as soon as it was announced.

I do not blame Jeter for going to Giambi's defense.

I'm not saying lie about anything but you defend your teammates.

Not to get off-topic, but whose organization were you with?

Soxfanspcu11
12-06-2006, 04:51 AM

When I heard the Jessica Biel news, I almost vomitted all the food I have eaten in the past month.

I have a HUGE crush on that girl, have for a VERY long time.

Then I find out that this dude gets to be with her!!!!!

More power to him I guess for being able to do it, but :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guess that means I will have to wait even longer for my chance to sweep her off her feet!:tongue:

PatK
12-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Wow, my response upon hearing the news was similar.

She's probably my favorite Hollywood chick.

Good for him, I guess.

AZChiSoxFan
12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Screw Jeter. He still holds a grudge when Alex spoke ill of him in an Esquire magazine six years ago, and has not budged in the press or on the field.

I don't recall that article. What did A-rod say that made Jeter so upset?

ondafarm
12-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Not to get off-topic, but whose organization were you with?

Chunichi Dragons.

fquaye149
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM

bingo. especially when you're "team captain". what a jerk.

FarWestChicago
12-06-2006, 07:20 PM

what a jerk.At least he didn't say the winner of the MVP award didn't deserve it. :wink:

bestplayernbb
12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't recall that article. What did A-rod say that made Jeter so upset? It was in Esquire Magazine, here's what A-rod said
"He (Jeter) has never had to lead," A-Rod said in Esquire. "He can just go and play and have fun. He hits second - that's totally different than third or fourth in the lineup. You go into New York, you wanna stop Bernie (Williams) and Paul (O'Neill). You never say, 'Don't let Derek beat us.' He's never your concern."

fquaye149
12-06-2006, 08:29 PM
At least he didn't say the winner of the MVP award didn't deserve it. :wink:

if he had done that, i would have put posters up in my room of him:tongue:

MISoxfan
12-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Jeter's from Kalamazoo, so he gets bonus points from me.

HawkDJ
12-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Not defending a teammate who totally called you out in a magazine years ago should be the worst thing an athlete does...