PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Ticket Plan 2007?

sbsox
12-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Has anyone heard any new details on the Ozzie Ticket plan for 2007? It looks like I purchased last years plan around mid December.

I am on the waiting list for season tickets but it doesn't sound good for buying them in 2007.

ewokpelts
12-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Was told during the season it was coming back.

Law11
12-05-2006, 09:18 AM
My money that went to playoff tickets was automatically refunded to me. When I asked why it wasnt going towards next years ticket plan they said because you had the Ozzie plan and it might not be back.
This was about a month ago.

Etownsox13
12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/ozzie_plan.jsp

It says here that info on 2007 Ozzie plans will be released soon

whitem0nkey
12-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I think about 2 moths ago i got an email, saying that they go on sale December 14th at noon. Please correct me if im wrong.

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I want to know why the holdup with the info on what games go to the 27-game packages. I understand season tickets are sold out but can't they send some info to the people that have the plans? I'd like to know what games I have for next year.

You know what your getting with the weekend package, and I know someone posted the hit & run plan from their rep but I'd like to see something official from the team. Usually by this time of year they have sent about 10 season ticket mailings to my house.

I guess they don't need to anymore.

Bruizer
12-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I want to know why the holdup with the info on what games go to the 27-game packages. I understand season tickets are sold out but can't they send some info to the people that have the plans? I'd like to know what games I have for next year.

You know what your getting with the weekend package, and I know someone posted the hit & run plan from their rep but I'd like to see something official from the team. Usually by this time of year they have sent about 10 season ticket mailings to my house.

I guess they don't need to anymore.

I agree. Last year they posted the plans on their site within a few days of winning the WS. This year, they're still showing the 2006 plans two months after the 2006 season ended. What's with that? :?:

Bru

DumpJerry
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Has anyone heard any new details on the Ozzie Ticket plan for 2007?
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, I'm wondering if it a call to the White Sox sales office would yield more accurate information than asking people who don't work for the organization.

sbsox
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I had called the Sox last week and was still waiting for the return call.

I called them back this morning and was able to talk to someone; they said the Ozzie plan was going on sale to the general public on 1/16/07 and for 2006 Ozzie plan purchasers on 1/13/07.

She also said that they had started notifying people on the waiting list of their eligibility to buy season tickets last Friday.

DumpJerry
12-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I had called the Sox last week and was still waiting for the return call.

I called them back this morning and was able to talk to someone; they said the Ozzie plan was going on sale to the general public on 1/16/06 and for 2006 Ozzie plan purchasers on 1/13/06.

She also said that they had started notifying people on the waiting list of their eligibility to buy season tickets last Friday.

I had that problem last year in November after the WS when I wanted to upgrade from Ozzie to Full Season. A friend with contacts in the Sox organization told me that they had five people who work in the sales office and 10,000+ calls a day coming in and even more emails. It took many phone calls and emails before someone got back to me.

salty99
12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
You ask and you shall receive: But yes it is strange they don't have it posted on the website yet.

Hit and Run:
2-Apr
5-Apr
6-Apr
18-Apr
25-Apr
27-Apr
11-May
16-May
22-May
25-May
5-Jun
8-Jun
19-Jun
22-Jun
4-Jul
6-Jul
24-Jul
27-Jul
7-Aug
10-Aug
22-Aug
24-Aug
7-Sep
11-Sep
14-Sep
26-Sep
28-Sep

Double Play:
4-Apr
7-Apr
8-Apr
28-Apr
29-Apr
12-May
13-May
26-May
27-May
9-Jun
10-Jun
23-Jun
24-Jun
7-Jul
8-Jul
28-Jul
29-Jul
11-Aug
12-Aug
25-Aug
26-Aug
8-Sep
9-Sep
15-Sep
16-Sep
29-Sep
30-Sep

skottyj242
12-05-2006, 03:41 PM
My money that went to playoff tickets was automatically refunded to me. When I asked why it wasnt going towards next years ticket plan they said because you had the Ozzie plan and it might not be back.
This was about a month ago.

You had playoff rights with the Ozzie plan?

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM

I think they had the option to get one ALDS game or one ALCS game in the UD.

I had the Ozzie Plan in 2005 and I was able to purchase tickets to all ALDS games.

southside rocks
12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I think they had the option to get one ALDS game or one ALCS game in the UD.

I had the Ozzie Plan in 2005 and I was able to purchase tickets to all ALDS games.

If you bought the 2006 Ozzie Plan before January something (2006), you got the choice of one ALDS game or two ALCS games, UD tickets, for the 2006 post-season.

I picked the ALCS games and they hit my credit card for the money, and then about a month later, in October, they refunded it (less a processing fee).

My ticket rep says that the Ozzie Plan is going on sale in January 2007 and that all O/P ticket holders from 2006 will be notified when the on-sale date is set.

Bruizer
12-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Well they finally posted the Hit & Run Plan schedule.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

However, they got it switched with the Double Play Plan schedule. :tongue:

Bru

chisoxmike
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Well they finally posted the Hit & Run Plan schedule.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

However, they got it switched with the Double Play Plan schedule. :tongue:

Bru

That better be an error, or I'm going to raise holy hell.

Law11
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Yep I had tickets to 2 games in the ALCS or 1 ALDS as an option.

sbsox
12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/ozzie_plan.jsp

Bruizer
12-13-2006, 12:24 AM
That better be an error, or I'm going to raise holy hell.

Looks like they fixed it, except for the comments after the *. I know we don't get two Cubs games under the Hit & Run Plan.

Also, it says no post-season option for the 27- and 13-game plans. I hope that's just for new orders.

Bru

chisoxmike
12-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Also, it says no post-season option for the 27- and 13-game plans. I hope that's just for new orders.

Bru

I saw that, and THAT IS ****ING BULL**** if true. How can they take that away? It makes no sense. No more ST packages can be sold, so how can they take it away, especially for the 27-game holders. It was a perk last season if you bought before a certain date. If they are taking it away from everybody who has a 27-game plan there are going to be A TON of pissed off people

dcb56
12-13-2006, 01:33 AM
I saw that, and THAT IS ****ING BULL**** if true. How can they take that away? It makes no sense. No more ST packages can be sold, so how can they take it away, especially for the 27-game holders. It was a perk last season if you bought before a certain date. If they are taking it away from everybody who has a 27-game plan there are going to be A TON of pissed off people

To be fair, there is no word on the site saying that exisiting Split and Ozzie Plan holders who bought their plans before the cutoff date last year will definitely lose their postseason options. I can't imagine they would take those options away (unless they wanted to commit suicide), especially AFTER they made Split Season holders pony up mucho dinero for postseason tickets this season and then held onto the cash as a deposit for seats in 07.

Personally, it's bad enough they jacked the price of my UD Hit and Run seats by 19% and are sticking me with six April games, if they took away postseason options I would seriously consider cancelling and demand a refund. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would do the same.

chisoxmike
12-13-2006, 01:40 AM
To be fair, there is no word on the site saying that exisiting Split and Ozzie Plan holders who bought their plans before the cutoff date last year will definitely lose their postseason options. I can't imagine they would take those options away (unless they wanted to commit suicide), especially AFTER they made Split Season holders pony up mucho dinero for postseason tickets this season and then held onto the cash as a deposit for seats in 07.

Personally, it's bad enough they jacked the price of my UD Hit and Run seats by 19% and are sticking me with six April games, if they took away postseason options I would seriously consider cancelling and demand a refund. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would do the same.

The problem is the half-assed listing of these plans on the site too. First, the they mixed up the plans and still haven't fully corrected the page where the two different split plans are on. Then on the Season Ticket Benefit page, where it says NO POSTSEASON OPTION for Split and Ozzie plan holders, it says 2006 Season Ticket Benefits, but where it lists the benefits and what plan goes with what...it says "2007 Media Guide" Someone is doing a piss poor job with that site.

And yes, I will seriously consider cancelling my tickets and demanding a refund if they take possible playoff tickets away now after giving them the money for the playoffs this year, then have them finish in third place, renew for 07, and then have them tell me my plan wont have playoff tickets at all...

If, and right now nothing official has been said, this is true, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I really don't know why they have been so slow with information this offseason regarding the tickets. Normally by December, people have received so much ST info you can create a box for it all.

I also would like to point out that if you look at a lot of other teams sites, they are all offering their season ticket packages online right now. They have had listings for packages on since the season ended. Why do the Sox take so long to get ST stuff out there???

And why haven't our reps said anything to us about our plans? Do they count on us going to check the site everyday? I have got NOTHING regarding my plan about games, playoff options, etc. Just my bill. Thanks.

StillMissOzzie
12-13-2006, 01:58 AM

Yep I had tickets to 2 games in the ALCS or 1 ALDS as an option.

If they are not offering any post-season for a 27-game package, it makes me wonder if they WILL grandfather in that right for us Ozzie package holders. I too had a "pre-deadline/post-season cutoff" Ozzie plan, they did refund my post-season payment instead of holding it for a 2007 deposit, but I probably would not re-up the Ozzie plan if there's NO post-season rights anymore. :angry:

SMO
:angry: :(: :whiner: :mad:

itsnotrequired
12-13-2006, 08:29 AM
I really don't know why they have been so slow with information this offseason regarding the tickets. Normally by December, people have received so much ST info you can create a box for it all.

I also would like to point out that if you look at a lot of other teams sites, they are all offering their season ticket packages online right now. They have had listings for packages on since the season ended. Why do the Sox take so long to get ST stuff out there???

I'm betting they are trying to straighten out the waiting list for season tickets, those requesting seat upgrades, etc. From what I understand, this list is rather large and they will want to contact people on the list before they put too much info up on the website.

I agree with you though that EXISTING holders shouldn't be this much in the dark at this point in the season.

SoxFan78
12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
As far as post season options for split and ozzie plan season ticket holders, I saw this on the benefits page

We have packages available to fit your needs and any budget. Purchase of a full-season, 81-game plan after January 15 does not entitle the purchaser to purchase any postseason tickets. Purchase of a Hit and Run, Double Play and 13-game Ozzie Plan after January 9 does not entitle the purchaser to purchase any postseason tickets.

Im assuming if you got post season options last year, you will have them again this year. I think the website is saying is that if you plan on purchasing the split or ozzie plans now, you will NOT be eligible for post season options.

I think if the Sox took away postseason options for all split and Ozzie plan customers that purchased before the deadline, that would be a PR nightmare. I can't see that happening.

Cat Thief
12-13-2006, 11:04 AM
No way in hell are they taking away postseason tickets from split season holders. Stop overreacting.

ewokpelts
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
There wont be much to sell in way of 27 and 81 game plans, so dont worry.
As for the ozzie plans, I have a feeling that NEW FOR 2007 holders will NOT have postseasonoptions, but those in 2006 and before will.

chisoxfanatic
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I agree with you though that EXISTING holders shouldn't be this much in the dark at this point in the season.

They could easily do this by updating our My White Sox Accounts, which they have NOT done. I too would like to know about this stuff.

As far as post season options for split and ozzie plan season ticket holders, I saw this on the benefits page.

That information you posted was from LAST year's season ticket ordering information. I doubt they'd have the same deadlines as last year.

Brian26
12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I also would like to point out that if you look at a lot of other teams sites, they are all offering their season ticket packages online right now. They have had listings for packages on since the season ended.

Two reasons for this:

a. Most other teams haven't won a combined 200 games in the past two seasons (thank you Phil Rogers).

b. Most other teams play in bigger ballparks (The Cell has 4th or 5th smallest capacity in MLB).

It's called supply and demand.

chisoxmike
12-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Two reasons for this:

a. Most other teams haven't won a combined 200 games in the past two seasons (thank you Phil Rogers).

b. Most other teams play in bigger ballparks (The Cell has 4th or 5th smallest capacity in MLB).

It's called supply and demand.

This is true. I'm just paranoid.

Brian26
12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
This is true. I'm just paranoid.

Relax. You're grandfathered in- You'll be fine.

Roof Shot
12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Relax. You're grandfathered in- You'll be fine.

I talked to my ticket guy...no playoff options at all for past Ozzie or split plan ticket holders...your not grandfathered in... :(: :angry: :mad:

itsnotrequired
12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I talked to my ticket guy...no playoff options at all for past Ozzie or split plan ticket holders... :(: :angry: :mad:

Whoa, split season is included for sure now? Who is your rep? Anyone else hear this?

Scottiehaswheels
12-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Whoa, split season is included for sure now? Who is your rep? Anyone else hear this?
I dunno if this counts but I asked to upgrade my 2 Ozzie plans to 27 game plans and when my rep called last week he said I got no playoff tix for those at all... I mentioned I probably wouldn't be getting the Ozzie plan this year and asked if I could at least get the same tix for the playoffs as I was able to get through my Ozzie Plans' last year.... no such luck... Does that mean no to everyone? I don't know... I have had Ozzie plans for the last 2 years... Maybe this is being done in an effort to do like in '05 where full season ticket holders got to purchase 2X the amount of tix for playoffs compared to their regular season seats?

chisoxmike
12-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I talked to my ticket guy...no playoff options at all for past Ozzie or split plan ticket holders...your not grandfathered in... :(: :angry: :mad:

Wow.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wow is NOT EVEN THE WORD!

chisoxmike
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I hope all existing Split holders DO NOT ACCEPT THIS TREATMENT and DEMAND a truthful explaination about this becuase this makes NO SENSE!:angry:

They just want people to up to a full season and shell out more $$$$$$ for a team that just finished in third place. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I hope all existing Split holders DO NOT ACCEPT THIS TREATMENT and DEMAND a truthful explaination about this becuase this makes NO SENSE!:angry:

I just emailed my rep. Waiting to hear back from him.

skottyj242
12-15-2006, 02:43 PM
WOW, that sucks.

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
And I quote from Big Rob the best season ticket in the world.......

Jenn-

That is only for the new season ticket purchasers of the split season plans. Everyone who has had them in the past still has them.

Sincerely,

Rob Boaz
Chicago White Sox
Account Executive
Phone 312.674.5166
rboaz@chisox.com (rboaz@chisox.com)

chisoxmike
12-15-2006, 02:46 PM

So why is Roof Shot spreading lies?

skottyj242
12-15-2006, 02:46 PM
You guys all need a Jump To Conclusions Mat:

http://www.animejump.com/modules/ProdReviews/images/lovehinajumpto.jpg

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM

I don't know or care, but I know what my rep just told me. Rob does not lie. :D:

Jerko
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM

You got a response from your rep in 3 minutes???? I'll be happy if I get one in 3 days..............

chisoxmike
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know or care, but I know what my rep just told me. Rob does not lie. :D:

Jenn says Rob speaks the truth, that is good enough for me.

skottyj242

I think it's the pressure to find the perfect gift.

Probably the same reason some dude is spreading Man Soo have in What's the Score.

itsnotrequired

I e-mailed my rep as well but he is out of the office today. Looks like we have our answer though.:cool:

I heard that full-season ticket holders only get their choice of one postseason game in 2007. Worth a try, I think.

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Jenn says Rob speaks the truth, that is good enough for me.

You all have his name and number if he is lying. BTW Rob also tells me thre is no specific date for Soxfest ticket sales.

DumpJerry
12-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Something tells me the info from Jenn's rep is correct. It does not make sense to not sell postseason tix to split-plan holders. That's a lot of seats they would have to sell after the full-season holders get their tickets. I'm not saying it would be a challenge to sell all those seats, but it would be easier if split plan holders got them.

Also, Brooks is pretty good about the whole loyalty thing.

Scottiehaswheels
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
OK dumb hijack but does anyone send their ticket rep a small Xmas gift or anything? Is that normal or not allowed or anything?

chisoxmike
12-15-2006, 03:12 PM
OK dumb hijack but does anyone send their ticket rep a small Xmas gift or anything? Is that normal or not allowed or anything?

Hahahaha. No. I don't think anybody does. At least I don't. The Sox do send a "holiday" card in the mail though.

jenn2080
12-15-2006, 03:12 PM

My friends did last year because their season tix rep was awesome.

Scottiehaswheels
12-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks Jenn, I tried to buy Tom a beer during the last few games of the season but he was busy doin something... too busy for a beer? eh anyways, just wondered if that was the norm since you give stuff to the mailman/garbageman etc. Thought maybe it would land me on the nice list to get my seats upgraded... LOL

ewokpelts
12-15-2006, 03:31 PM
OK dumb hijack but does anyone send their ticket rep a small Xmas gift or anything? Is that normal or not allowed or anything?i've given my rep little things here and there, like grief over him being a pistons fan.

Doobie148
12-15-2006, 05:16 PM
My husband emailed our rep (Natalie) and we were told we are eligible for postseason tickets again this season. We have the weekend plan, but we bought it last season in time to make the postseason ticket cut.

Bruizer
12-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Glad to see I still have post-season ticket options with the Hit & Run plan. I wouldn't renew next year if I didn't.

I'm also glad to see we get at least one game from every home series in 2007. That includes every Friday home game. Go Sox!

Bru :cool:

Roof Shot
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM

From my ticket rep...

Thanks for the e-mail. Unfortunately, neither plan is able to offer post-season options this season. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or concerns. 27-game split season plans are now available, and I would be happy to discuss seating availability with you. The 13-game Ozzie Plan will not be available until January 12, 2007. Thanks again and I hope all is well. Have a great afternoon!

Dave

Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 7:23 AM
To: David Eklin
Subject: Re: 2007 White Sox Full & Split-Season Tickets Now Available

I am interested in either a 27 or 13 game plan. With the 13 game plan I had last year, I did have playoff options. Am I grandfathered into playoff options for this year with a 13 game plan? If so, what about the 27 game plan?

Thanks

-------------- Original message --------------

> Dear ,

>

> Thank you again for submitting your request for White Sox season tickets on our

> website. I thank you for your patience throughout the waiting process. At this

> time, our full and split-season packages are available, and I would like to

> offer you the opportunity to become a White Sox Season Ticket Holder. Our season

> ticket inventory is extremely limited so please contact me as soon as possible

> if you're interested. Our full-season ticket packages will offer, based on

> availability, a post-season option of all 11 games in the best available seating

> in the Upper Level. Unfortunately, our split-season packages will not offer any

> post-season options. I've attached our season ticket brochure for yo ur

> reference. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to discuss the

> availability of seating. Thanks again and I hope all is well. Have a great

> weekend and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

>

> All the Best,

>

> Dave

>

> David R. Eklin

> Chicago White Sox

> Account Executive

> Phone: (312) 674-5329

> Fax: (312)674-5140

> deklin@chisox.com

jenn2080
12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
From my ticket rep...

Dude this says nothing about current season ticket holders who have playoff ticket options.

Jerko
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Just what I thought. NEW split or ozzie plans don't get the playoff option.

chisoxmike
12-18-2006, 11:52 AM
From my ticket rep...

Geez, what a headache for nothing.

You don't get playoff options becuase you're going to becoming a new 27-game holder. Although, you should've been able to get playoff tickets if you renew your Ozzie package. That's pretty ****ty.

But I can see why you won't get them if you up to a 27 or 81 plan.

Roof Shot
12-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Geez, what a headache for nothing.

You don't get playoff options becuase you're going to becoming a new 27-game holder. Although, you should've been able to get playoff tickets if you renew your Ozzie package. That's pretty ****ty.

But I can see why you won't get them if you up to a 27 or 81 plan.

Learn to read....I asked him about the 13 game plan I had last year...

itsnotrequired
12-18-2006, 12:11 PM

:rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
12-18-2006, 04:32 PM

From your reply, it looks like he did not even answer the question about being granfathered in to the postseason tickets for your current Ozzie Plan. Pretty shoddy, IMHO.

I have been a split-plan holder since November, 2005...I BETTER get my postseason option!

Jerko
12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
From your reply, it looks like he did not even answer the question about being granfathered in to the postseason tickets for your current Ozzie Plan. Pretty shoddy, IMHO.

I have been a split-plan holder since November, 2005...I BETTER get my postseason option!

My rep just told me if you had a split plan with playoff tickets in 06, you'll have them in 07 as well. I didn't ask about the Ozzie plan because I don't have the Ozzie plan.

itsnotrequired
12-18-2006, 04:41 PM

Here's the deal:

2006 Split Season holders who got tickets before the deadline last year: 2007 playoff tickets

2006 Split Season holders who got tickets after the deadline last year: No 2007 playoff tickets.

This assumes you renewed your tickets for 2007, of course.:cool:

As for Ozzie Plan, my rep said NOBODY gets guaranteed playoff tickets in 2007, regardless if you are a past holder or not. 2006 holders get the ability to pick their 2007 games before they go on sale to the general public.

chisoxfanatic
12-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Here's the deal:

2006 Split Season holders who got tickets before the deadline last year: 2007 playoff tickets

2006 Split Season holders who got tickets after the deadline last year: No 2007 playoff tickets.

This assumes you renewed your tickets for 2007, of course.:cool:

As for Ozzie Plan, my rep said NOBODY gets guaranteed playoff tickets in 2007, regardless if you are a past holder or not. 2006 holders get the ability to pick their 2007 games before they go on sale to the general public.

Yep, I did renew my split plan (same seat). Sounds good to me...It would be nice for them to post this information on the My White Sox Account.

Thanks, Miller.

itsnotrequired
12-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Yep, I did renew my split plan (same seat). Sounds good to me...It would be nice for them to post this information on the My White Sox Account.

Thanks, Miller.

I aim to please.:cool:

Bruizer
12-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Just to confirm what was said above, here's what my rep e-mailed to me today. I had also asked him about upgrading seats.

New Split season holders will not have postseason options; New Full Season holders will have best available upper level seats for the postseason. Being that you had a split plan last year you’ll be good to go for postseason seats in 2007.

As of right now we do not have anything in a better location…if anything changes I’ll be sure to be in touch.
Bru :cool:

INSox56
12-19-2006, 12:25 PM

Thanks Jenn, I tried to buy Tom a beer during the last few games of the season but he was busy doin something...

I've had the luck of having Tom last year and Rob this year. Having the two best ticket reps REALLY is awesome. Maybe I'll send Tom and Rob christmas e-cards? haha