PDA

View Full Version : Big Deal within 72 hours?

getonbckthr
12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Just read on another message board about the GM of the Nats (forgot his name) was on ESPNews saying there will be a huge deal within 72 hours.

SABRSox
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
That's just Manny being Manny. Wait...

The Critic
12-04-2006, 06:54 PM
They're FINALLY getting Sosa!!!!

getonbckthr
12-04-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't think he meant the Nats would be part of it. Something like Crede/Arod, Manny/Sexson type deals.

TheOldRoman
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
No, silly. Rowand is finally coming back!

champagne030
12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
No, silly. Rowand is finally coming back!

It would be an upgrade of what we ran out to CF last year. Getting Thome was great, but KW got caught with his shorts down when BA didn't hit the first 2+ months and then Ozzie decided that a utility infielder would suffice in a platoon in CF. If Rowand was our starting CF last season (and we still had Thome) and BA was the 4th OF, we would have won the division....****ty pitching and all.

TheOldRoman
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
It would be an upgrade of what we ran out to CF last year. Getting Thome was great, but KW got caught with his shorts down when BA didn't hit the first 2+ months and then Ozzie decided that a utility infielder would suffice in a platoon in CF. If Rowand was our starting CF last season (and we still had Thome) and BA was the 4th OF, we would have won the division....****ty pitching and all.
I agree. Rowand and his magnificant .262 average would have lead us to the promised land. KW is such a moron. You should be GM.

:rolleyes:

pagansoxfan
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
not only are we getting aaron back, we're gonna get a-rod, and possibly viz to help the pen. my source also told me we might sign mike carusso. this is blockbuster!:D:

munchman33
12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I agree. Rowand and his magnificant .262 average would have lead us to the promised land.

It would have. Brian Anderson was that bad.

DickAllen72
12-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I agree. Rowand and his magnificant .262 average would have lead us to the promised land. KW is such a moron. You should be GM.

Rowand and his .262 average plus the fact that Mackowiak would not be playing in CF. Rowand may be overrated by a lot of Sox fans but he wasn't an automatic out and he was a good fielder out there, even though he took "bad routes" to some balls.

Also here I'll add that although Anderson is a very good fielder and makes a lot of catches look easy, he also was pretty bad at backing up his fellow outfielders and he also was involved in way too many miscues and near collisions with the corner outfielders last season, especially Dye. Sometimes it appeared that Dye didn't respect Anderson out there.

I'll cut the kid some slack on those things because after all he was a rookie, but the Sox definitely would have been better off last season with Aaron Rowand in CF than what they had in Anderson/Mackowiak.

champagne030
12-04-2006, 08:01 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right back at ya.

I never said KW was a moron. The Sox (or KW) thought BA would be fine and didn't have a backup plan. I never said the Thome deal shouldn't have gone down. I'm just sick of people saying Rowand sucks everytime his name is mentioned. If we could have done the Thome deal without Rowand and included someone like, Owens, we would have won the division. Getting Thome was fantastic, having Mack as your backup CF is not.

ShoelessJoeS
12-04-2006, 08:38 PM
SOSA is coming back to baseball?!?

getonbckthr
12-04-2006, 08:39 PM

Right back at ya.

I never said KW was a moron. The Sox (or KW) thought BA would be fine and didn't have a backup plan. I never said the Thome deal shouldn't have gone down. I'm just sick of people saying Rowand sucks everytime his name is mentioned. If we could have done the Thome deal without Rowand and included someone like, Owens, we would have won the division. Getting Thome was fantastic, having Mack as your backup CF is not.
Yes Rowand's bad routes in CF and his warning track power would have made a difference because .... well he's Crash damn it, he's willing to go through a wall to help us forget that his bad routes caused him to get their late. I mean who needs Anderson taking good routes and long strides to get to the ball before having to dive or go through a wall, where does his emotion and leadership come from.

FedEx227
12-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Now I've always been a fan of Rowand but lets get real people. Rowand on last years team does not make us a division champion. Titles are won and lost on pitching. Detroit and Minnesota had far superior pitching staffs.

I'm just sick of people saying Rowand sucks everytime his name is mentioned.

Well ask the Phillies who have all but made Shane Victorino their starter going into next year.

DumpJerry
12-04-2006, 09:01 PM
My eyes! People need to learn teal!

This deal does not involve the White Sox. 72 hours puts the deal on Thursday, not Wednesday.

guillen4life13
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
For all the people who say that Rob Mackowiak's defense arguably cost us a shot in the playoffs, the amount of criticism the guy who says that Aaron would have been better than Mack/Anderson is, well, kind of baffling.

It's not Aaron Rowand is great. .262 isn't great. But adequate hitting+above average (not great) fielding > average fielding+horrible hitting.

I don't think that Aaron would have put us in the playoffs. But I'm just saying that, considering some of the arguments made regarding the defensive void in CF with Mack out there costing us the division... well, having an everyday, very capable CFer with adequate hitting skills (by many people's approximation) would have made the difference.

FedEx227
12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Florida Marlins sign Carl Everett, Roberto Alomar

White Sox trade Jerry Owens, Brandon McCarthy, Lance Broadway, Josh Fields, Ryan Sweeney to Florida Marlins.

Game-over, we've solved our problem in CF and SS.

TheOldRoman

Right back at ya.

No, when you say KW got "caught with his pants down", that is exactly what it implies.
Look, the front office knew that Anderson was our future in CF, and he would develop to be a better player than Rowand. Anderson had a horrible year, and it didn't work out like he had planned, but that didn't change the fact that Rowand was moved because we had something better coming up,and it was only a matter of time for him, anyway.

Myrtle72
Can't wait til opening day...

Heffalump
12-04-2006, 09:13 PM

The first two months of the season - Yes, he WAS that bad.

The rest of the season - He was a promising rookie that showed flashes of talent while cutting his teeth in the big leagues.

Not everyone can come up to the majors and dominate like Albert Pujols or Frank Thomas. Remember how bad Robin Ventura and Joe Crede started?

If KW can pull off a deal to REALLY upgrade centerfield, then I am all for it. But Anderson IS going to be a very good player if some manager/team gives him the chance to play everyday. One of my major criticisms of Ozzie last year was the he tinkered with the Anderson/Mack platoon way too much. In addition to backfiring on the team's ability to win certain games, I thought it also damaged Anderson's development.

If a megadeal cannot be made, hopefully, KW and OG give him a chance to develop, like they did with Ventura and Crede.

DumpJerry
12-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I second that emotion.

SoxSpeed22
12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
FedEx, I hope you forgot to put the teal.
Anyway, it could involve anyone, so stay tuned.

FedEx227
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
FedEx, I hope you forgot to put the teal.
Anyway, it could involve anyone, so stay tuned.

I sorta assumed teal would be implied during that post. But hey anything can happen.

y2j2785
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
This big deal probably revolves around Manny....the rumor going round now is between the BoSox, M's, and Giants, which would end up with Adam Jones & JJ Putz in Boston, Richie Sexson in San Francisco, and Manny & Noah Lowry in Seattle, but even Rotoworld says its a long shot to get done

buehrle4cy05
12-04-2006, 09:27 PM
This big deal probably revolves around Manny....the rumor going round now is between the BoSox, M's, and Giants, which would end up with Adam Jones & JJ Putz in Boston, Richie Sexson in San Francisco, and Manny & Noah Lowry in Seattle, but even Rotoworld says its a long shot to get done

The Mariners make out like theives in this one. Ramirez and Lowry? That team would have the potential to be great down the line, with Ichiro leading off, Ramirez in the middle of the order, and Lowry and Hernandez anchoring the rotation.:o:

Frater Perdurabo
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM

Rowand's 2006 line: 445 TPA, 405 AB, 106 H, 24 2B, 3 3B, 12 HR, 10 SB, 18 BB, .262 AVG, .321 OBP

Anderson's 2006 line: 405 TPA, 365 AB, 82 H, 23 2B, 1 3B, 8 HR, 4 SB, 30 BB, .225 AVG, .290 OBP

Now, project Anderson's .225 AVG to 405 ABs (to match Rowand). He would have had 91 hits. That's 15 fewer hits than Rowand. That's much less than one hit per week of a difference! Big difference!

Now, project Anderson's .290 OBP over 445 TPA. He would have gotten on base 129 times compared to the 143 times Rowand got on base. Over the season that's 14 fewer times on base than Rowand, one less time on base every two weeks!

As it was, in fewer ABs, Anderson actually had one more double and 12 more walks facing the superior pitching in the AL Central in his first full season!

Yep, Anderson IS the reason the Sox didn't win the division, and Rowand's presence would have guaranteed a World Series repeat!

guillen4life13
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Rowand's 2006 line: 445 TPA, 405 AB, 106 H, 24 2B, 3 3B, 12 HR, 10 SB, 18 BB, .262 AVG, .321 OBP

Anderson's 2006 line: 405 TPA, 365 AB, 82 H, 23 2B, 1 3B, 8 HR, 4 SB, 30 BB, .225 AVG, .290 OBP

Now, project Anderson's .225 AVG to 405 ABs (to match Rowand). He would have had 91 hits. That's 15 fewer hits than Rowand. That's much less than one hit per week of a difference! Big difference!

Now, project Anderson's .290 OBP over 445 TPA. He would have gotten on base 129 times compared to the 143 times Rowand got on base. Over the season that's 14 fewer times on base than Rowand, one less time on base every two weeks!

As it was, in fewer ABs, Anderson actually had one more double and 12 more walks facing the superior pitching in the AL Central in his first full season!

Yep, Anderson IS the reason the Sox didn't win the division, and Rowand's presence would have guaranteed a World Series repeat!

I hope you're a big Scotty Po fan.

chaotic8512
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
This might be of some interest...

Rays willing to move young OFs
December 4, 2006 | 10:07 p.m. ET
By Tim Brown (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/expertsarchive?author=Tim+Brown)
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. The recent contracts for outfielders Gary Matthews Jr. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6241) (five years, $50 million from the Los Angeles Angels (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/laa/)) and Juan Pierre (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6550) (five years, $44 million from the Los Angeles Dodgers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/lad/)) have convinced the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/tam/) that their two young outfielders Carl Crawford (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6870) and Rocco Baldelli (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7025) might bring dramatic help for their starting rotation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ajkaa_f.RLI0B8mJTcCZoc8RvLYF?slug=ys-mlbwmblog&prov=yhoo&type=lgns#top

buehrle4cy05
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ajkaa_f.RLI0B8mJTcCZoc8RvLYF?slug=ys-mlbwmblog&prov=yhoo&type=lgns#top

Any deal for either of those guys would likely have to involve Brandon McCarthy. I see no reason why Tampa Bay would want Vazquez or Garcia.

Taliesinrk
12-04-2006, 09:48 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ajkaa_f.RLI0B8mJTcCZoc8RvLYF?slug=ys-mlbwmblog&prov=yhoo&type=lgns#top (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ajkaa_f.RLI0B8mJTcCZoc8RvLYF?slug=ys-mlbwmblog&prov=yhoo&type=lgns#top)

let's pray...

chaotic8512
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Any deal for either of those guys would likely have to involve Brandon McCarthy. I see no reason why Tampa Bay would want Vazquez or Garcia.

Perhaps we could get away with Garcia/Vazquez + Broadway + a mid-level or two? Maybe Vasquez and Vazquez? That'll end the confusion for sure!

TheOldRoman
12-04-2006, 09:53 PM
let's pray...
I don't see any chance of Crawford moving. TB wanted an assanine ransom when the market was normal, who knows what they want now. They wanted TWO young starters the caliber of Ervin Santana/McCarthy before. Hell, they might be asking for A-Rod with his entire salary paid at this point.

Taliesinrk
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see any chance of Crawford moving. TB wanted an assanine ransom when the market was normal, who knows what they want now. They wanted TWO young starters the caliber of Ervin Santana/McCarthy before. Hell, they might be asking for A-Rod with his entire salary paid at this point.

that's why I'm praying; not hoping

champagne030
12-04-2006, 09:59 PM
No, when you say KW got "caught with his pants down", that is exactly what it implies.
Look, the front office knew that Anderson was our future in CF, and he would develop to be a better player than Rowand. Anderson had a horrible year, and it didn't work out like he had planned, but that didn't change the fact that Rowand was moved because we had something better coming up,and it was only a matter of time for him, anyway.

I agree Anderson is our future and has a lot more potential than Rowand. My point was that if had we had someone other than Mack as our bailout then we would have won the division. I completely understand that the Thome deal doesn't get done without Rowand and I'm glad we did the deal. What pisses me off is that any mention of Rowand coming back to the Sox is ripped because he's overrated. Overrated as he may be to some, he's Willie Mays in CF compared to Mack and Babe Ruth compared to BA through mid-June. We lost the division by 5 games and Mack easily cost us those 5 games by being played out of position. Are there a **** load of other reasons we lost the division, yes! Pitching was the #1 reason we didn't win the division last season. I'm just pointing out that having Rowand back, on the cheap, for one year isn't the most crazy idea in the world.

BeviBall!
12-04-2006, 10:07 PM

I also can't wait to finally read one thread where someone doesn't make a tired, tealed out Rowand "joke".

JUribe1989
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I also can't wait to finally read one thread where someone doesn't make a tired, tealed out Rowand "joke".

I'm with you Beviball. The Rowand hate around here is annoying.

FedEx227
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM

Then stop the Rowand love.

Why does there need to be a daily thread about "Should we get Rowand back?" "If we got Rowand back we would've been in the playoffs?" Let's get real now. He's not coming back, and he wouldn't have got us in the playoffs. The Rowand hate is as tiring as the Rowand love.

BeviBall!
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM

It's not just that, it's the complete lack of originality when bringing him up.

Last 9 months:

Insert any post regarding a trade rumor and the subsequent reply.

I hear we're getting Rowand back and that he's brining World Peace with him! Or we can trade Thome, PK, Buehrle for Rowand's teflon pots and pans!

So, so tired.

BeviBall!
12-04-2006, 10:21 PM

Why does there need to be a daily thread about "Should we get Rowand back?" "If we got Rowand back we would've been in the playoffs?" Let's get real now. He's not coming back, and he wouldn't have got us in the playoffs. The Rowand hate is as tiring as the Rowand love.

All things Rowand are getting tiresome. I agree... the love, the hate and awful attempts at sarcasm are equally to blame.

Jjav829
12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I won't believe it until I hear a report saying that KW is running through the hotel looking for JR. :tongue:

That 3-way deal with the Giants, M's and Red Sox sounds way too good for the Mariners. They lose Adam Jones and J.J. Putz and get Manny and Noah Lowry. ****, sign us up. The Red Sox can have Anderson and MacDougal.

Domeshot17
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
heres my 2 cents

in 2008, Niether Aaron Rowand nor Brian Anderson will be playing CF everyday.

People are too fricking emotional here. The same people screaming Rowand was robbed of a gold glove when he was here are the exact same ones talking about his bad routes.

Rowand is an average hitting above average D major league OF, best suited as a 4th OF playing 3-4 days a week at all positions.

Brian Anderson has room to grow, but his approach is so incredibly bad, he looks to be best suited as a defensive replacement/pinch runner. His value will never be offense

Your future CF is Ryan Sweeney. He is tall, reads the ball well, fast, has a pretty swing, he is the man. Unless we can trade for Rocco Baldelli, Then he is your future CF and Sweeney is JD's replacement

DickAllen72
12-04-2006, 10:32 PM
heres my 2 cents

in 2008, Niether Aaron Rowand nor Brian Anderson will be playing CF everyday.

People are too fricking emotional here. The same people screaming Rowand was robbed of a gold glove when he was here are the exact same ones talking about his bad routes.

Rowand is an average hitting above average D major league OF, best suited as a 4th OF playing 3-4 days a week at all positions.

Brian Anderson has room to grow, but his approach is so incredibly bad, he looks to be best suited as a defensive replacement/pinch runner. His value will never be offense

Your future CF is Ryan Sweeney. He is tall, reads the ball well, fast, has a pretty swing, he is the man. Unless we can trade for Rocco Baldelli, Then he is your future CF and Sweeney is JD's replacement

I'd say your two cents is right on the money. :wink:

ondafarm
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd say your two cents is right on the money. :wink:

And I'd say your two cents is worth about that.

oeo
12-04-2006, 10:40 PM

How is wanting to get Rowand back any different than other proposed trades? IMO, it's all the same...whether you want Crawford, or Figgins, or Rowand, or A-Rod, or Young, they're all just baseball players that people want the Sox to acquire.

Someone saying they'd like to have Rowand back should not be called 'love', and people shouldn't be all over the person that says it. It's the same thing as wanting to acquire any player; just because he once played here does not mean it should be treated any differently.

BTW, I'm not a fan of Rowand coming back, but these love/hate arguments are old and ridiculous.

Jjav829
12-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, since this thread has turned into another Rowand thread, here's a quote from KW on a potential return to the Sox for Rowand.

Williams was careful not to specify any interest in fan favorite Aaron Rowand, who was dealt to Philadelphia last season in the Jim Thome trade.

"He's under contract with someone else," Williams said. "I can't talk about him. A player like Aaron is interesting. But you have to get the stars to align in the right way. I don't know if that's something that's realistic."

The article itself talks about the Sox having shown interest in Vernon Wells.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-061204sox,1,7706819.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

DickAllen72
12-04-2006, 10:46 PM
And I'd say your two cents is worth about that.

Yes, my two cents is worth two cents. 100% value.

chaotic8512
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
More fun... KW has discussed Vernon Wells with the Blue Jays. Oh how I would like. :o:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-061204sox,1,1986920.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Chisox003
12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Does anyone recall the rumor thread in 2005 where somebody got on here and posted that they worked at the Cell, and a huge press conference was being called on an off day?

Maybe it was even on the All-Star break or something, but I remember that thread getting about 22,429 replies.....and absolutely NOTHING happened.

This reminds me of that one.

Edit: And if anyone posted this already, my bad. I don't feel like staying in Talking Baseball any longer than I have to.

oeo
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Does anyone recall the rumor thread in 2005 where somebody got on here and posted that they worked at the Cell, and a huge press conference was being called on an off day?

Maybe it was even on the All-Star break or something, but I remember that thread getting about 22,429 replies.....and absolutely NOTHING happened.

Edit: And if anyone posted this already, my bad. I don't feel like staying in Talking Baseball any longer than I have to.

That's nearly every rumor thread, and it's the only exciting part of the offseason. The more rumors, the better.

Iguana775
12-04-2006, 11:07 PM
More fun... KW has discussed Vernon Wells with the Blue Jays. Oh how I would like. :o:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-061204sox,1,1986920.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

I would love that. Wells was a stud last year. him and Dye in the OF would be nice.

Domeshot17
12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I just find it funny how Arods salary would handicap our team (with the rangers paying almost 40% of it) but Vernon Wells and his 17 million a year demands are PERFECT

He is a damn good player however

HotelWhiteSox
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Don't expect anything, this same damn rumor comes out every year, same time. Every winter meetings, multiple teams are this close to some blockbuster deal with reports of people running around, all the GMs up in the wee hours of the morning locked in a room, and all that bs. I fell for it years ago when the internet was this brand new shiny toy and the rumors were really exciting to someone facing baseball withdrawl, but we won't get fooled again, I've come to really hate the Winter Meetings

PennStater98r
12-05-2006, 12:46 AM
I just find it funny how Arods salary would handicap our team (with the rangers paying almost 40% of it) but Vernon Wells and his 17 million a year demands are PERFECT

He is a damn good player however

Dude - I don't know where you get your information, but I believe that Wells is due $5.5 Million next year - that'd be STEAL for next season.

Granted - he'll probably want $17 Million a season for an extension - but if we were not to give it to him - he'd make less than Dye next year.

oeo
12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Dude - I don't know where you get your information, but I believe that Wells is due $5.5 Million next year - that'd be STEAL for next season.

Granted - he'll probably want $17 Million a season for an extension - but if we were not to give it to him - he'd make less than Dye next year.

It's not a steal because we have to give up something (probably a lot) to get him. And unless he re-signs, it's a terrible deal.

PennStater98r
12-05-2006, 01:07 AM
It's not a steal because we have to give up something (probably a lot) to get him. And unless he re-signs, it's a terrible deal.

I disagree. The extension would be great - and certainly solve our CF situation for years to come. However, depending on who we give up - we have two pitchers that could leave at the end of the season as well... so if we are trading one starter for a CF and we plan on having neither next year - I'd consider it a fair trade - and a good deal. The steal comes in at the price tag we're paying Wells - $5.5 Million a year - while dropping one of two higher salaries off our books.

12-05-2006, 08:36 AM
We loved Rowand because Rowand loved us...he loved the Sox, Chicago, the Bears, he took his demotions like a man, he was a work horse, you knew he was going to show up to play everyday.

cbone
12-05-2006, 08:52 AM

I remember that exact thread. He kept on about his inside info. Stirred everyone up here.

Mickster
12-05-2006, 08:56 AM
I remember that exact thread. He kept on about his inside info. Stirred everyone up here.

Could it have been the proposed Griffey trade? If that is the case then cut him some slack. I spoke to Brooks at the atrium bar at Soxfest last year and I specifically asked him about Griffey. He said that it was a done deal, they were busy writing press releases, calling the media, etc. when the owner of the Reds got cold feet and killed the deal.

WhiteSox5187
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I agree that Anderson is the FUTURE for the Sox in the OF, problem is, when you have a team that is vying to return to the WS you can't afford to throw a guy out there who is hitting .220, and at the same time you can't afford to put a utility man in CF, there was one game against the Twins that Mack cost us because a fly ball went over his head and three runs came in...So yea, Rowand may have helped us a lot in CF this year and MAYBE we would have made the playoffs with him platooning with Anderson out there, assuming we had Thome too...but guys, I think the answer to our problems for '07 isn't Rowand, I think it's Vernon Wells. I love Rowand, but I don't think he's the answer. Wells is.

White Sox Randy
12-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Wow. A prediction from a GM that there will be a "huge deal" during the winter meetings !

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 11:23 AM
... If Rowand was our starting CF last season (and we still had Thome) and BA was the 4th OF, we would have won the division....****ty pitching and all.

With Aaron "Jesus Christ" Rowand the pitching still would have blown 12 games after the 7th inning.

If the Sox would've went to the playoffs with Rowand, why didn't the Phillies go the playoffs?????

SABRSox
12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
With Aaron "Jesus Christ" Rowand the pitching still would have blown 12 games after the 7th inning.

If the Sox would've went to the playoffs with Rowand, why didn't the Phillies go the playoffs?????

Because the Phillies didn't get to play the Rockies 19 times last year.

Sox Fan 35
12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Yet another Rowand thread. Is it opening day yet?

champagne030
12-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow, with all your hate why don't you just refer to him as Aaron "Julio Ramirez" Rowand?

No, it would have been less than that because Mack cost us a couple of games in the late innings by failing to catch simple flyballs.

Have you seen the Phillies pitching staff. While we performed much worse last season, compared to '05, the Phillies pitching was worse than ours.