PDA

View Full Version : ESPN this morning, Rowand talks.

OzzyTrain
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Around 6am I believe they were talking about KW getting Rowand back, I don't believe it though and see no reason why they keep bringing this up. This was also in the paper not to long ago, is there any truth to it ( I believe there is'nt )

QCIASOXFAN
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
:unsure: Nope.

DaveIsHere
12-04-2006, 07:34 PM

Not to hijack, but your Sig is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:

QCIASOXFAN
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
:whiner: Leave my sig out of this.:whiner:

munchman33
12-04-2006, 08:58 PM

Um...we need a CF. Rowand is cheap. You don't think Kenny has at the very least asked?

The Dude
12-04-2006, 09:40 PM

His sig is fine. Yours however...is partially awful!:tongue:
http://meyers-autozentrum.de/mazda/images/logo_ford.jpg

DumpJerry
12-04-2006, 09:49 PM
His sig is fine. Yours however...is partially awful!:tongue:
http://meyers-autozentrum.de/mazda/images/logo_ford.jpg

Your sig is the best one on WSI. I'm serious. Even better than mine.

oeo
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Not to hijack, but your Sig is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:

Fixed. :D:

23Ventura
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I like it.

fquaye149
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
I like it.

I liked that this turned into a sexy rexy support thread instead of decaying into a give it up he's gone thread

Jjav829
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
I liked that this turned into a sexy rexy support thread instead of decaying into a give it up he's gone thread

Rowand always supported Rex.:(: :whiner:...

spiffie
12-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I'd be happy to see the Bears trade for Aaron. He could then be back in Chicago, probably takes a hit as well as Rex, and really can't be any worse of a QB.

QCIASOXFAN
12-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Rowand always supported Rex.:(: :whiner:...:rolling: The best laugh I had in a long time.

DSpivack
12-05-2006, 01:04 AM
I'd be happy to see the Bears trade for Aaron. He could then be back in Chicago, probably takes a hit as well as Rex, and really can't be any worse of a QB.

I could see him as a decent safety. Adam Archuleta type, good run stuffer, great hitter, good hands, not that good in coverage, makes exciting plays but looks better than he actually is.

lumpyspun
12-05-2006, 01:13 AM
I could see him as a decent safety. Adam Archuleta type, good run stuffer, great hitter, good hands, not that good in coverage, makes exciting plays but looks better than he actually is.
**** yea...

http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LNLHEJJGJDJI/packers_rowand_1.jpg

QCIASOXFAN
12-05-2006, 01:17 AM
**** yea...

http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/LNLHEJJGJDJI/packers_rowand_1.jpg
:bs: Rowand and Sexy Rexy must never come to Chicago again.

CLR01
12-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Rowand always supported Rex.:(: :whiner:...

He sure does.

http://images.radcity.net/5176/1256054.jpg

Rowand pisses in Grossman's direction. He knows it is Orton that butters his bread.

kevingrt
12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Hell we should just get Rowand to play QB for the Bears. That would solve everyone's problems, if he was good.

SABRSox
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
He sure does.

Rowand pisses in Grossman's direction. He knows it is Orton that butters his bread.

LOL. I don't know where you find this stuff, but it's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

Jjav829
12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
He sure does.

Is there a Kyle Orton picture out there where he doesn't have some combination of Jack/Coke/vomit on his shirt?

soxfan123
12-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Per rotoworld today:

The Philadelphia Inquirer believes the Phillies could deal Aaron Rowand to the White Sox for a starting pitcher and then part with Jon Lieber for bullpen or outfield help.
Rowand alone might not be quite enough to bring Freddy Garcia, Javier Vazquez or Mark Buehrle to the Phillies. Still, all indications are that the White Sox would like to have their old center fielder back. If the Phillies could pull off the deal, they'd go with Shane Victorino in center field. The Yankees (Kyle Farnsworth?), Brewers and Rangers are among the clubs that could have interest in Lieber.

YES!!!
I love A-Row. They're certainly right in that we need more than Rowand for one of our pitchers, but he was so incredibly important for our emotional state in 2005. Yeah, I know, I'm not going to get a lot of arguers, but I REALLY hope he comes back. Let's get something like a relief pitcher too, but A-Row is OUR guy. He openly wants to be here, we openly want him here, and he is the closest thing to the persona of White Sox baseball(i.e. - diving catches, sac flys, bunts, etc.).
You can argue his stats weren't stellar, but I do think that if it needed to be evaluated, 2005 was an overachieving year. However, I do believe that it gave a lot of our players confidence, and I think to put that confidence back in full force requires someone like Aaron Rowand.

Who's with me? Am I overstating A-Row's role in 2005?

ilsox7
12-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Am I overstating A-Row's role in 2005?

Yes. By leaps and bounds.

Sox Fan 35
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I would not mind getting Rowand back. I think some people overrate his skills, but you have to respect the way he plays the game.

chisoxmike
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM

Yes.

23Ventura
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes you are, and this is coming from a big Rowand fan.

CLR01
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Is there a Kyle Orton picture out there where he doesn't have some combination of Jack/Coke/vomit on his shirt?

The thing is we only have access to pictures of Kyle Orton from age 5 to present so I am sure there has to be one out there somewhere taken during his toddler years.

Yes. The Sox don't need to trade away valuable pitching for a cheerleader.

MUsoxfan
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Our SP's have never been worth more. The Phillies had better have a really sweet offer on the table for KW to bite. If Rowand's a part of the deal, he should be the "throw in"

Palehose13
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Wrong.

soxfan123
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Our SP's have never been worth more. The Phillies had better have a really sweet offer on the table for KW to bite. If Rowand's a part of the deal, he should be the "throw in"

Yeah, I agree. I guess what I'm saying is that I would be really happy if he was back. We should get someone valuable in return.

Palehose13
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM

I agree with this. I am a Rowand fan, but he is not worth one of our SP's. If we get him back as a "throw in" that'll be great. I would have no problem with Rowand and Anderson duking it out for CF next year and whoever loses is the 4th OFer.

DaveIsHere
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Wrong.

Well after the last few games, it looks hideous.:cool:

HotelWhiteSox
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I would do it if they included Rollins

caulfield12
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
www.mlbtraderumors.com (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com)

Pettitte to the Yankees for $15 million seems crazy too, I thought he was considering retiring?

kittle42
12-05-2006, 06:13 PM
And now the first mlbtraderumors.com rumor of the offseason. I can't wait for more.

CLR01
12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
And now the first mlbtraderumors.com rumor of the offseason. I can't wait for more.

We have now had an Otis rumor, a baggage claim like rumor and now an MLBtraderumors rumor. We just need a Griffey Jr. rumor and this offseason will be complete. :party:

ajismyhero
12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I think KW is using all this Rowand Rumor to distract people from a big deal he's in the middle of. I can't believe that there are people out there who think we should even consider giving away a SP for a subpar OFer who will probably just get himself injured.

spiffie
12-06-2006, 10:28 AM
We have now had an Otis rumor, a baggage claim like rumor and now an MLBtraderumors rumor. We just need a Griffey Jr. rumor and this offseason will be complete. :party:
It will be a 5-way trade where we get Griffey, Tejada, Andruw Jones, Crawford and Randy Johnson. It will be formally announced at a baggage claim while Kenny runs around an airport looking for Jerry.

cws05champ
12-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Maybe if we get Gio Gonzales back with Rowand and other Philly prospect, that might be OK.

ajismyhero
12-06-2006, 11:51 AM
It will be a 5-way trade where we get Griffey, Tejada, Andruw Jones, Crawford and Randy Johnson. It will be formally announced at a baggage claim while Kenny runs around an airport looking for Jerry.

You forgot about Barry Bonds!!!!

jenn2080
12-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Per rotoworld today:

The Philadelphia Inquirer believes the Phillies could deal Aaron Rowand to the White Sox for a starting pitcher and then part with Jon Lieber for bullpen or outfield help.
Rowand alone might not be quite enough to bring Freddy Garcia, Javier Vazquez or Mark Buehrle to the Phillies. Still, all indications are that the White Sox would like to have their old center fielder back. If the Phillies could pull off the deal, they'd go with Shane Victorino in center field. The Yankees (Kyle Farnsworth?), Brewers and Rangers are among the clubs that could have interest in Lieber.

YES!!!
I love A-Row. They're certainly right in that we need more than Rowand for one of our pitchers, but he was so incredibly important for our emotional state in 2005. Yeah, I know, I'm not going to get a lot of arguers, but I REALLY hope he comes back. Let's get something like a relief pitcher too, but A-Row is OUR guy. He openly wants to be here, we openly want him here, and he is the closest thing to the persona of White Sox baseball(i.e. - diving catches, sac flys, bunts, etc.).
You can argue his stats weren't stellar, but I do think that if it needed to be evaluated, 2005 was an overachieving year. However, I do believe that it gave a lot of our players confidence, and I think to put that confidence back in full force requires someone like Aaron Rowand.

:puking: :puking: hold on one more time :puking: Ah I think I feel better now. These are ****ing baseball players not a guest on Dr. Phil. 5000 times over our emotional state in the clubouse is not the reason the Sox bit the big one this season. Jose not doing that great at the end of the year is not caused by El Duque being gone. Neal did not suck because Cliff Politte left.

http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyofeaturestories/372/pics/recordtitle.jpg

Flight #24
12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, the Philly Enquirer is reporting now that there's a deal on the table sending Jon Lieber to the Brewers for Mench & Turnbow, but that's it's on hold pending the results of negotiations with the Sox for Garcia in a deal for Rowand & Gavin Floyd.

Gavin Floyd was apparently highly thought of, but struggled last year to put it mildly. If this is true, then it means KW's serious about wanting Rowand back and is getting worked over to make that happen (which is why I don't buy it).

I could see Ryan Madson (reliever who has closed on occasion and could start, FA in 2010) + Floyd (once hotshot but currently tarnished prospect) + Rowand, or maybe you slot Fabio Castro in there somewhere. But not as currently written up.

SABRSox
12-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I could see Ryan Madson (reliever who has closed on occasion and could start, FA in 2010) + Floyd (once hotshot but currently tarnished prospect) + Rowand, or maybe you slot Fabio Castro in there somewhere. But not as currently written up.

Yeah, I don't think Kenny does that deal as written. He's holding all the cards right now, and with Schmidt and Lilly signed or about signed, Zito is the only guy holding up the works for Kenny. There's no reason for Kenny to rush to this deal.

Domeshot17
12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Rowand for Freddy? No, Rowand Flloyd and Rollins for Freddy and Uribe.. Sign me up.

And as far as Rowand playing QB for the Bears, Im pretty sure he could throw for 38 yards 3 picks and a 1.2 qb rating ANY DAY, so this board might actually support the heck out of him!!!

In all seriousness, I know a lot of these guys have upside, but what is with this Boards pure love of mediocrity? Put down Rowands 276 12 home runs, but if Anderson hit that next year, you would be thrilled. I just don't annoint guys like Grossman and Anderson stars until they show me something. Grossman has proven he can beat the 49'ers and Bills, but last I checked, we won't see them in the playoffs

Palehose13
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Rowand for Freddy? No, Rowand Flloyd and Rollins for Freddy and Uribe.. Sign me up.

And as far as Rowand playing QB for the Bears, Im pretty sure he could throw for 38 yards 3 picks and a 1.2 qb rating ANY DAY, so this board might actually support the heck out of him!!!

In all seriousness, I know a lot of these guys have upside, but what is with this Boards pure love of mediocrity? Put down Rowands 276 12 home runs, but if Anderson hit that next year, you would be thrilled. I just don't annoint guys like Grossman and Anderson stars until they show me something. Grossman has proven he can beat the 49'ers and Bills, but last I checked, we won't see them in the playoffs

And the Giants, but I guess they don't count.

Domeshot17
12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
He did beat the Giants, Yes, but They might not even be a playoff team right now.

I think Grossman has a tremendous amount of potential. But he needs to get that head on straight, keep in the game, stop making the dumb throws and read the field. I think a BIG problem Rex has now is he leaves the huddle knowing who he is throwing the ball too. He doesnt look for the play to unfold as much as he has it determined before it starts.

If he can't do that, I think you have to look at Griese, atleast in one of these last 4 games. He won't ever give you 275 yards and 3 tds, but he also will never give you 38 yards and a 1.3 qb rating against a horrible team like Minnesota.

I SAY BRING IN ROCCO BALDELLI, LET HIM PLAY CF AND QB!!!

Ol' No. 2
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Looks like we can put this one behind us.
MLB.com indicates that the Phillies are no longer involved in active trade talks with the Brewers and White Sox. It looked like the Phillies wanted to trade Aaron Rowand and Gavin Floyd to Chicago for Freddy Garcia, then deal Jon Lieber to Milwaukee for Kevin Mench. However, the White Sox apparently wanted more and the Phillies weren't going to move Lieber without bringing in another starter.Inklay (http://www.nbcsports.com/mlb_playernews/index.html)

samram
12-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Looks like we can put this one behind us.
Inklay (http://www.nbcsports.com/mlb_playernews/index.html)

Good. I like Floyd, but that would have been a seemingly minimal return in this market.

OzzyTrain
12-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I told you guys they were talking about it.