PDA

View Full Version : New pitching coach...

TimChamp
03-06-2002, 11:12 PM
I don't know if anybody's posted this idea before, but now that Joe Kerrigan has been fired as manager of the Red Sox, why not have him become pitching coach for the White Sox...

I know that a lot of people here hate Nardi and blame him for every problem with the pitching staff and I would tend to agree...

I know that Kerrigan was a great pitching coach for Boston and I think he would do wonders for our pitching staff, especially with the young guys...

I don't know if this would happen because I've never heard any complaints from Jerry Manuel or Lenny Billiams, but maybe we could hire him for some special position on our team and maybe when Lenny's eyes are opened to how much Nardi really sucks he could become our pitching coach... :smile:

Tell me what you guys think about this idea...

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 11:16 PM
I like this idea even though I'm not begging for Nardi's head but this isn't exactly the time of year you hire a new pitching coach. I think Kerrigan will stay in Boston or sign with a more desperate team.

TimChamp
03-06-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I like this idea even though I'm not begging for Nardi's head but this isn't exactly the time of year you hire a new pitching coach. I think Kerrigan will stay in Boston or sign with a more desperate team.

You know what really gets me??? Is when Lenny says, "I'm always looking for ways to improve this team." But in reality, he should have looked at our pitching for the last few years under Nardi and noticed that that's where improvement needs to be made...

Although he did get Ritchie (I don't know how much of an improvement that is, but still), I think that Nardi has been mediocre (at best) long enough and since this opportunity has risen "to improve this team," Lenny should jump on this right away if he's going to stay true to his word... :angry:

Although in my opinion, I think you'll see Kerrigan back in Boston as their pitching coach and their pitching staff will continue to be the best in the AL again...

TimChamp
03-06-2002, 11:28 PM
This line from this article just goes to prove my point about the pitching staff...

From ChicagoSports.com
The Sox have a 7.94 ERA, worst among AL teams.

Here's the complete article, but it is just a little side note entitled "Sox Report"
Fire Nardi! (http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,177010,00.html)

Also check out the article there about Burly and stuff... :o:

czalgosz
03-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
This line from this article just goes to prove my point about the pitching staff...

From ChicagoSports.com

Here's the complete article, but it is just a little side note entitled "Sox Report"
Fire Nardi! (http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,177010,00.html)

Also check out the article there about Burly and stuff... :o:

They also pointed out that the Sox are hitting .364 as a team. Relax, it doesn't mean a thing. If Sox pitchers are still getting shelled in two weeks, then worry about it.

TimChamp
03-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

They also pointed out that the Sox are hitting .364 as a team. Relax, it doesn't mean a thing. If Sox pitchers are still getting shelled in two weeks, then worry about it.

Yeah, I noticed that too, we don't seem to have many problems with our hitting and in fact, this is not what worries me when the Sox make it to the playoffs, it's the pitching and only the pitching (and maybe defense and maybe baserunning blunders, but that's another story)... :gulp:

Daver
03-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Aside from saying I wanted Nardi fired last season,I will not coment further.

:firenardi

Randar68
03-07-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by TimChamp
I don't know if anybody's posted this idea before, but now that Joe Kerrigan has been fired as manager of the Red Sox, why not have him become pitching coach for the White Sox...

I know that a lot of people here hate Nardi and blame him for every problem with the pitching staff and I would tend to agree...

I know that Kerrigan was a great pitching coach for Boston and I think he would do wonders for our pitching staff, especially with the young guys...

I don't know if this would happen because I've never heard any complaints from Jerry Manuel or Lenny Billiams, but maybe we could hire him for some special position on our team and maybe when Lenny's eyes are opened to how much Nardi really sucks he could become our pitching coach... :smile:

Tell me what you guys think about this idea...

Well, even if Kerrigan was available to the Sox, we all know the Sox' propensity to promote from within. Kirk Champion will be the next pitching coach of the Chicago White Sox, IMO....