PDA

View Full Version : Garcia/Mariners?

getonbckthr
11-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I have been reading some rumblings about the Mariners interested in reacquiring Freddy. What do they have that we would want besides the obvious but not likely Ichiro?

munchman33
11-30-2006, 01:16 AM
I hope we get Jeremy Reed for him. That guys gonna end up in the HOF.

getonbckthr
11-30-2006, 01:17 AM
I hope we get Jeremy Reed for him. That guys gonna end up in the HOF.
As long Olivo comes back as well, I wonder if they want Ben Davis back?

jcw218
11-30-2006, 02:32 AM
from rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2739)

Seattle doesn't have the major league-ready center fielder the White Sox want -- Adam Jones is a fine prospect, but he's no better of a bet than Brian Anderson for next year -- and there's no way the club should give up Rafael Soriano for one year of Garcia. Unless the White Sox like Jeff Clement as a catcher of the future, we're not sure there's a match here.

KRS1
11-30-2006, 03:20 AM
from rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2739)

I disagree about what they say about a trade off between Freddy and Soriano. A horse starter for a health risk set up man seems more than fair to me. Especially one who has had TJ, and is coming off a pretty serious head injury(heaven only knows if there's going to be some mental side effects). To me, Id want a lot more than just Rafael, but it's a good start. I hate rotoworlds commentary on just about everything. At least this deal would be better than some other trades contrived by the Eastern sports media, and blown up by the fans they rule over.

caulfield12
11-30-2006, 08:06 AM

After the White Sox traded away Reed, Rowand, Webster and Young, it would be ironic if they needed to acquire a CF from the M's to take Anderson's place. But not going to happen.

I think Soriano and a back-up catcher for Garcia wouldn't be the worst deal in the world, but there might be some better ones.

FedEx227
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Don't forget Michael Morse, who they tried out in CF as well.

ondafarm
11-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Whoever wrote this for the Seattle paper knows Jack. The White Sox are not looking for a major league capable rookie centerfielder, unless you believe that one idiot sportswriter who constantly trashes the Sox. If CF was a top-flight worry of the Sox, we'd be in the Aaron Rowand derby.

Flight #24
11-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Funniest part of that whole thing is that 2 short years after the hullabaloo around trading Reed, he isn't even mentioned in the list of Mariner CFs that the Sox might be interested in........

IspepAloc
11-30-2006, 10:55 AM
[teal or pink, your choice] How about Ichiro for Freddy?

Jjav829
11-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't see a match. The players we'd want, they won't trade away and the players they'd trade we don't need. It makse more sense that any trade would involve the Mets or Angels.

RKMeibalane
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Funniest part of that whole thing is that 2 short years after the hullabaloo around trading Reed, he isn't even mentioned in the list of Mariner CFs that the Sox might be interested in........

The irony of this situation is beyond laughable. Somewhere, jeremyb1 is having himself a good cry. :cool:

jabrch
12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
The irony of this situation is beyond laughable. Somewhere, jeremyb1 is having himself a good cry. :cool:

Those were the good old days.

NardiWasHere
12-03-2006, 06:08 PM
How about this.....

(1) We aquire Figgy for Crede, Thome, Garcia, Konerko, Anderson, Garland, Sweeny.
(2) Flip Figgy for:
Ichiro, King Felix, two Venti Soy Lattes, Windows Vista, and a Nirvana album to be named later.

Although I wouldn't want to see us get rid of Figgy so quickly, I'd maybe make this deal.

Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy.

crazyozzie02
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
How about this.....

(1) We aquire Figgy for Crede, Thome, Garcia, Konerko, Anderson, Garland, Sweeny.
(2) Flip Figgy for:
Ichiro, King Felix, two Venti Soy Lattes, Windows Vista, and a Nirvana album to be named later.

Although I wouldn't want to see us get rid of Figgy so quickly, I'd maybe make this deal.

Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy Figgy.

I LIKE IT!!!!