PDA

View Full Version : I am doing my English Project on the White Sox fan base.

decolores9628
11-28-2006, 10:20 PM
If anyone would like to contribute information or just what you think should be included in the paper, that would be great. its supposed to be a paper about a group with a sense of community and i though of WSI instantly, i should be starting soon, but procrastination is fun.

FedEx227
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Tell us where you're going with the paper.

We can't come up with your topics and your information.

I'd love to help out if you give us some type of idea of where you plan on going with this paper.

tony1972
11-28-2006, 11:02 PM
If anyone would like to contribute information or just what you think should be included in the paper, that would be great. its supposed to be a paper about a group with a sense of community and i though of WSI instantly, i should be starting soon, but procrastination is fun.
Go to Wikepedia.com and enter White Sox..they have an excellent article that describes the origins of the White Sox fan base..

P.S. - I might not have spelled Wikepedia correctly..I am too lazy to look it up...

decolores9628
11-28-2006, 11:27 PM
i want to go with how they are loyal but not blindly loyal and how we all have our own opinions and dont just go with what KW does, and how we get along at games, no matter where you sit, you can find someone to talk to about something

I want Mags back
11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Go to Wikipedia.com and enter White Sox..they have an excellent article that describes the origins of the White Sox fan base..

P.S. - I might not have spelled Wikipedia correctly..I am too lazy to look it up...
fixed. u were close enough

Luke
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
My dad and I were talking about this ealier this year.

We thought back to the final years of the old park, and talked about the people you would see there. We'd be at a game and on one sider of us, there would be sitting a skinny guy with big glasses and long hair, that looked like a Dungeons and Dragons player (this was late 80s afterall) who hadn't seen sunlight in a month. On the other side is 300 pounder in a leather Harley jacket. Neither one looks like a fan, but when the game starts each takes out his pencil and score book and knows the team inside out. By the end of the 2nd, everyone is talking like old friends.

It was a much more hetrogeniuos crowd than you would see at Wrigley. The societel cast-asides, that happened to be baseball fans always seemed to find a home at Comiskey and a team to root for in the Sox. I love that.