PDA

View Full Version : Best FA's still available...

caulfield12
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Zito, Bonds, Schmidt, Clemens, Glavine, Padilla, Durham, Jose Guillen, Akinori Iwamura (2B), Maddux, Lugo, Pettitte, Gil Meche, T. Lilly, Jeff Suppan (?), Luis Gonzalez, Trot Nixon, Kenny Lofton, Mark Mulder, Eric Gagne, Rich Aurilia, Joe Borowski, Aubrey Huff, Craig Wilson, Ryan Klesko, Kevin Millar, Miguel Batista, Jeff Weaver.

Players the White Sox might or are rumored to be looking at are underlined.

y2j2785
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Randy Wolf is on the Dodgers.....

caulfield12
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks...got it.

Jjav829
11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
The Sox have been rumored to have interest in Trot Nixon? Where? I'd love to see Trot in a Sox uniform, but I can't see how he fits.

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
For some reason, I really like Gagne

CashMan
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
The Sox have been rumored to have interest in Trot Nixon? Where? I'd love to see Trot in a Sox uniform, but I can't see how he fits.

Trot Nixon=Ross Gload

caulfield12
11-29-2006, 06:34 AM
If they had a SS to leadoff like Lugo/Rollins, I could see them moving Jermaine to LF with Nixon in RF.

It wouldn't be so atypical of all the "fixer upper/rehab" outfielders we've had over the last two decades.

Ol' No. 2
11-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Zito, Bonds, Schmidt, Clemens, Glavine, Padilla, Durham, Jose Guillen, Akinori Iwamura (2B), Maddux, Lugo, Pettitte, Gil Meche, T. Lilly, Jeff Suppan (?), Luis Gonzalez, Trot Nixon, Kenny Lofton, Mark Mulder, Eric Gagne, Rich Aurilia, Joe Borowski, Aubrey Huff, Craig Wilson, Ryan Klesko, Kevin Millar, Miguel Batista, Jeff Weaver.

Players the White Sox might or are rumored to be looking at are underlined.There's a difference between some nitwit saying the Sox should sign Barry Bonds and it being a rumor. A rumor implies that there is some actual substance to it. Ditto for half the guys you've underlined.

Chw2007
11-29-2006, 11:49 AM

Players the White Sox might or are rumored to be looking at are underlined.

i'd give mulder a shot, but y the hell do we want ray durham he was awesome last yr but we have tadahito. i'd never want to see kenny lofton on the sox ever again and luis gonzalez is gonna retire in a year or 2. i'd love lugo and gagne if we can get gagne on a cheap deal. or joe borowski is okay too.

caulfield12
11-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Durham would play LF or CF...it's not going to happen, but that was Beane's plan for Ray when he was originally acquired by the A's.

alohafri
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Durham would play LF or CF...it's not going to happen, but that was Beane's plan for Ray when he was originally acquired by the A's.

Wasn't the Rob Mackowiak experiment enough?

alohafri
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
For some reason, I really like Gagne

Take a chance on a broken winged pitcher? Leave that to the Cubs.

FedEx227
11-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Take a chance on a broken winged pitcher? Leave that to the Cubs.

He'll come cheaply and has a low risk/high reward yield. I'm all for it.

barney27
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
i'd give mulder a shot, but y the hell do we want ray durham he was awesome last yr but we have tadahito. i'd never want to see kenny lofton on the sox ever again and luis gonzalez is gonna retire in a year or 2. i'd love lugo and gagne if we can get gagne on a cheap deal. or joe borowski is okay too.
Mulder is broken and won't even be ready to pitch by spring training. We have six starters as it is and the market is extremely inflated this year, so to sign him makes little sense. Gagne and Borowski are also dinged up as they always are and would comand to much due to contracts already signed, this offseason. A healthy Gagne would be an excellent addition but let him get paid by someone else next year to sit on the IR. All additions this offseason in my opinion will be small trades like we made with the chubbies, except the likely moving of one of our starters.

Ol' No. 2
11-30-2006, 10:39 AM
He'll come cheaply and has a low risk/high reward yield. I'm all for it.IF he can be gotten for cheap, I'm for it. As you say, low risk/high upside. I'm not so sure he will be that cheap, though. Someone will throw more money at him than he's worth.

caulfield12
11-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Mulder is broken and won't even be ready to pitch by spring training. We have six starters as it is and the market is extremely inflated this year, so to sign him makes little sense. Gagne and Borowski are also dinged up as they always are and would comand to much due to contracts already signed, this offseason. A healthy Gagne would be an excellent addition but let him get paid by someone else next year to sit on the IR. All additions this offseason in my opinion will be small trades like we made with the chubbies, except the likely moving of one of our starters.

Maybe Octavio Dotel is available?