PDA

View Full Version : Kip Wells to STL

soxinem1
11-28-2006, 05:51 PM
As reported on CBS Sportsline:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9834659

Maybe Dave Duncan can get him to finally reach new hights, like winning!

MUsoxfan
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
$4m?:rolleyes:

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not a big fan of Kip Wells. But, what do i care? It's a different team in the NL. BTW, $4m for Kip Wells? Why did STL even bother?

soxinem1
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm not a big fan of Kip Wells. But, what do i care? It's a different team in the NL. BTW, $4m for Kip Wells? Why did STL even bother?

I tell ya, Kip made 4.15 million in 2006 and won only two more games than I did! :rolleyes:

It must suck for Dave Duncan to have to try and ressurect his career, when the project makes about five times what the teacher makes!

thedudeabides
11-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I tell ya, Kip made 4.15 million in 2006 and won only two more games than I did! :rolleyes:

It must suck for Dave Duncan to have to try and ressurect his career, when the project makes about five times what the teacher makes!

Duncan has a history of getting the most out of average pitchers. $4 million is like $40,000 in this market. At least they can't get burned on this deal. If he sucks, let him walk. At least your not stuck after the season with a guy llke Adam Eaton for twice as much for an additional two seasons.

South Side Irish
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
This FA market is out of control. $4 million for a pitcher with some talent isn't a bad idea. Like the dudeabides said, it's only for a year, and it's a heck of a lot better than the Eaton and Wolf deals. The Cards have won consistently doing exactly this. This is the kind of move that gets Walt Jockety tons of love.

Kip Wells has some talent, and I remember a lot of Sox fans being upset he was shipped to Pittsburgh. A few years in Pittsburgh can take the life out of any ballplayer, so I'm excited to see him get a second chance with one of my 2 favorite teams. Maybe that young talent can finally come to fruition. Hasn't he been hurt, too?