PDA

View Full Version : Dellucci to Indians

chisoxmike
11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
3 years/11.5mil He will be Indians' new LF'er.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6211856

mjmcend
11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
This is actually a pretty good signing. Nice to know that not everyone is crazy.

Flight #24
11-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Good price for a solid player. If only he could play CF halfway decently, would have been a solid pickup for the Sox as a 4th OF and insurance in CF and/or LF (depending on what happens with Pods and Fields).

palehozenychicty
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Good price for a solid player. If only he could play CF halfway decently, would have been a solid pickup for the Sox as a 4th OF and insurance in CF and/or LF (depending on what happens with Pods and Fields).

Good price, but they got that guy a year early, and his name was Jason Michaels. He proved that he couldn't play everyday, and now they wasted money on an aging outfielder with a similar skill set, move Blake to 1st even though Martinez can't play catcher and needs to be at 1st. And to boot, they still don't have a closer or any decent set-up men whatsoever. The Indians really are putting together a strange team. But the 2005 AL Executive of the Year will figure it out. He's brilliant.

buehrle4cy05
11-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Dellucci's a good signing, but I agree with the poster above, it's a strange plan. Pitching and defense win championships, and Cleveland's defense (infield/catcher, mainly) is looking shaky. Jhonny Peralta isn't spectacular at short and now they're putting Blake at first? Something tells me that's a bad combination. A lot of balls will be hitting the camera well fence unless Blake magically learns how to scoop over at first base.

caulfield12
11-28-2006, 03:51 AM
Not only that, but what do they plan to do with Garko?

Don't tell me they're putting him in RF? Plus they have the very unpredictable Marte at 3B...they traded away Brandon Phillips and he had a moster year with Cincy.

Barfield SHOULD be an improvement at 2B, but they're not exactly creating a defensive juggernaut with this team.

The only consistenly good defender on the team right now is Sizemore in CF.

Ron Villone and Scott Schoeneweis, Danys Baez and Joe Borowski (Baez now gone) were the four main targets for the Indians to acquire to improve their pen, with Shields as a potential closer target. Indians also made a run at Catalanotto and Moises Alou before turning to Delucci.

Note: I don't see the Sox bringing back Scott S., but you have to think Villone, Borowski and Bradford (maybe Kline) would be amongst their preferred targets.

soxinem1
11-28-2006, 05:57 PM
With Dellucci joining the team, they can be introduced as the:

CLEVELAND IN' D.H.'S

Other than Grady, there's a lot of Iron Glove Awards on that squad.