PDA

View Full Version : Manny might be dealt by Saturday (ESPN)

Fenway
11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Buster Olney just lit the fuse on ESPN.com...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2677627

The Red Sox are aggressively shopping outfielder Manny Ramirez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5132) now, according to major league sources, at a time when the slugger's trade value has peaked, and there is a sense among some executives that their trade talks are gaining momentum.

"I wouldn't be shocked if the Red Sox traded him by Saturday," says one big league official.

The San Francisco Chronicle indicated this morning that the Giants want Manny to replace Bonds.

ManRam By The Bay? (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/11/27/SPGBSMKD521.DTL)
Giants talking to Red Sox about Ramirez. Is Bonds done as a Giant?

Olney is suggesting that the Giants may also take Matt Clement off Boston's hands

palehozenychicty
11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
It depends on what each side is willing to give. Do the Carmines want to give up a lot of prospects? Cause the Giants need a whole team of players. They're simply too damn old. The salaries can be washed off. Manny will probably veto the deal since he has stated he doesn't want to go to the NL. I think it's the Angels or bust if they're serious about getting rid of him.

I want Mags back
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Pods in left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>manny in left
(that is based on fielding, solely. Batting does not factor at all into the equation

Flight #24
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Not sure exactly how low Boston's demands have fallen, but I wasn't aware of many hotshot prospects that the Giants had to part with. I suppose there's Cain, but with Schmidt leaving, can they really afford to deal away pitching?

And if they are looking for pitching, I wonder what they might have to offer to the Sox for one of our bargain basement priced / upper echelon performance SPs?

Ol' No. 2
11-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Not sure exactly how low Boston's demands have fallen, but I wasn't aware of many hotshot prospects that the Giants had to part with. I suppose there's Cain, but with Schmidt leaving, can they really afford to deal away pitching?

And if they are looking for pitching, I wonder what they might have to offer to the Sox for one of our bargain basement priced / upper echelon performance SPs?When teams start to get an idea what it's going to cost to sign Zito or Schmidt, Kenny will be able to get a whole team in trade for one of his starters.

DumpJerry
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
When teams start to get an idea what it's going to cost to sign Zito or Schmidt, Kenny will be able to get a whole team in trade for one of his starters.
^^^ what he said. Those of you who are complaining that KW is not doing much, be patient. I'm looking forward to next season!

caulfield12
11-27-2006, 06:50 PM

And if they are looking for pitching, I wonder what they might have to offer to the Sox for one of our bargain basement priced / upper echelon performance SPs?

Vizquel
maybe Winn for LF
middle relievers and set-up men...

Fenway
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Buster Olney wrote “Stay tuned; you get the sense that the Red Sox are increasingly comfortable with the idea of moving Ramirez even if they aren't offered a perfect package in return. It may be that the team has just grown weary of Manny Being Manny.”

I think Boston is very angry that Manny quit on the team the last 6 weeks of 2006. If they can dump his contract and get a bucket of balls they will probably be happy.

WizardsofOzzie
11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
When teams start to get an idea what it's going to cost to sign Zito or Schmidt, Kenny will be able to get a whole team in trade for one of his starters.
I didn't even think about that. For the prices that the lower tier FA's are signing, Zito and Schmidt's contracts are going to make Vazquezs' contract look like peanuts

getonbckthr
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
We should make a move for Manny then swing Manny for Arod.

DaleJRFan
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM

or.. just not bother with either of them all together.

WizardsofOzzie
11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
or.. just not bother with either of them all together.
:thumbsup:

veeter
11-27-2006, 10:05 PM
God, I'm sick of hearing about Manny. Every year it's something.

buehrle4cy05
11-27-2006, 11:09 PM

I'm all for it if we then swing A-Rod for pitching.

kraut83
11-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Olney is suggesting that the Giants may also take Matt Clement off Boston's hands

Clement back in the NL could be a pleasant suprise for SF. Depending on who they give up, this could be a good deal for them.

Fenway
11-28-2006, 09:16 AM
God, I'm sick of hearing about Manny. Every year it's something.

In Boston it seems like every day :mad:

A warming trend on Manny (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/11/28/nl_teams_warm_up_to_idea_of_a_ramrez_deal)

The Manny Ramírez trade chatter predictably spiked upward yesterday, with the winter meetings just days away.

Fenway
11-28-2006, 01:49 PM
nyyfans.com has a rumor coming from Chicago

One of Chicago's "baseball experts" Bruce Levine just reported on ESPN1000 that the Red Sox and Yankees are talking about A-Rod for Manny even up. Good lord!!!

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=99551&page=123

oeo
11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
nyyfans.com has a rumor coming from Chicago

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=99551&page=123

1. Consider the source.
2. There's no chance in hell the Yankees and Red Sox ever make a blockbuster deal.