PDA

View Full Version : Poll: I would love to see the Sox...

White Sox Randy
11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
sign Barry Bonds. Reportedly, he could be had for one year at $ 18 mil.

Now, before you get excited let me say that I am not a big fan of Barry's and despise him in some ways.

But, this could be an awesome move for the White Sox for the following reasons:

He solves our left field problem and allows the Sox to be more patient with Brian Anderson. BA in center helps make up for Barry's diminishing skills in LF. Also, the Sox can live with Brian's .300 OBP and lack of power when Barry has a .450 OBP and massive power.

Additionally, the Sox can continue to let Sweeney and Fields develop in Charlotte or take their time waiting for a good offer to develop for one of them.

With Barry's offense in the lineup the Sox can continue to let BA and Uribe (he's still young) develop their offensive skills.

The Sox are not forced to make a deal at a time when it doesn't look like much is out there for them. We also don't have to give up any players to get him.

The Sox can then trade a starting pitcher or two for pitching prospects and relief pitchers without having to go the free agent route.

Also, if you hate the idea of BONDS on the Sox , atleast it's only for one year. And, whatever we pay him, the Sox will more than get their money back with increased revenue and PR.

Bonds hit # 756 in a White Sox uniform giving the Sox front page in the Chicago papers, fills the house and sells memorabilia.

And, the Sox could also go back to the World Series because by keeping our best defensive players, the defense is not compromised. The offense is improved and our pitching is intact.

I say that it would be worth it for one year and help the Sox in the long run. Does anyone agree ? Ozzie and Bonds together could be a real hoot, too.

wdelaney72
11-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Now, before you get excited let me say that I am not a big fan of Barry's and despise him in some ways.

He solves our left field problem and allows the Sox to be more patient with Brian Anderson. BA in center helps make up for Barry's diminishing skills in LF. Also, the Sox can live with Brian's .300 OBP and lack of power when Barry has a .450 OBP and massive power.

Additionally, the Sox can continue to let Sweeney and Fields develop in Charlotte or take their time waiting for a good offer to develop for one of them.

With Barry's offense in the lineup the Sox can continue to let BA and Uribe (he's still young) develop their offensive skills.

The Sox are not forced to make a deal at a time when it doesn't look like much is out there for them. We also don't have to give up any players to get him.

The Sox can then trade a starting pitcher or two for pitching prospects and relief pitchers without having to go the free agent route.

Also, if you hate the idea of BONDS on the Sox , atleast it's only for one year. And, whatever we pay him, the Sox will more than get their money back with increased revenue and PR.

Bonds hit # 756 in a White Sox uniform giving the Sox front page in the Chicago papers, fills the house and sells memorabilia.

And, the Sox could also go back to the World Series because by keeping our best defensive players, the defense is not compromised. The offense is improved and our pitching is intact.

I say that it would be worth it for one year and help the Sox in the long run. Does anyone agree ? Ozzie and Bonds together could be a real hoot, too.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will now share mine...

... no ****ing way.

bryPt
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
I would stop being a white sox fan if they sign that *bleep*!

dcb56
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I would stop rooting for the White Sox if they signed that loser.

itsnotrequired
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
1. $18 million for one season of Bonds does not "solve" a LF problem.

2. The Sox are already packing them in. They don't need to sign Bonds to sell more tickets. That $18 million could be spent much better elsewhere.

chisoxmike
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
:threadsucks
:threadblows:

MUsoxfan
11-27-2006, 01:27 PM

Indeed. He actually creates a LF problem. An $18m blemish on the accounting books with nothing to show for it is exactly what this team needs.

Dude, what's the score?

Ol' No. 2
11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
:threadsucks
:threadblows:Big time.

Hangar18
11-27-2006, 01:32 PM
No way. He just doesnt fit. This team would become a softball team. Were already pretty slow, but to add another strikeout king to the team woudlnt do us any good. Give me an onbase guy with SPEEEEEEEED

jcw218
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM

2. The Sox are already packing them in. They don't need to sign Bonds to sell more tickets. That $18 million could be spent much better elsewhere.

You said it.

And even if Barry were to break the record while wearing the White Sox uniform, do you think the Cubune would actually report the event in a positive way.

kittle42
11-27-2006, 01:35 PM
This is terrible...this idea.

Risk
11-27-2006, 01:36 PM
We already have a guy who can barely play LF.

Risk

PalehosePlanet
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah too bad all the steroids can't put cartilage back in his knees; he's pretty much bone on bone now. This would give us two DHs.

No thanks.

Kuzman
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Hahahahahahah.

Atleast the hole in left we have right now can RUN to the ball when hit to him.

MarySwiss
11-27-2006, 01:43 PM
No thanks.

Baby Fisk
11-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Signing Bonds would be the biggest PR fiasco since White Flag.

DaleJRFan
11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
18 million could pay for:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_113679.jpghttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150317.jpghttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_279824.jpg

**** Barry Bonds.

Palehose Pete
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
18 million could pay for:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_113679.jpghttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150317.jpghttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_279824.jpg

**** Barry Bonds.

Amen to that.

I know that it's the off season, but this thread exceeds the limits as to what may be excused for being boredom-inspired ramblings.

SOXSINCE'70
11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Sorry,Randy,but I don't want that pathetic Steroid/HGH
using loser on the Sox at any price. :angry: :angry:

chisoxfanatic
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Not in a million years would I want to have a roid-infested headcase coming through Comiskey's doors.

southwstchi4life
11-27-2006, 02:37 PM

you can say that again

sox1970
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Not in a million years would I want to have a roid-infested headcase coming through Comiskey's doors.

That's already happened--several times.

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
No thank you.

This POS does not belong in the clubhouse.

LuvSox
11-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey, YEAH, I've got it!!!!

Let's get a big super steroid using freak boy to play outfield. We haven't really had any negative press in a while. Negative press rocks!

Go back to 8th grade.

Pierzynski 12
11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
No. Keep this clown far away.

lbtigerfan
11-27-2006, 03:02 PM
why hasn't anyone puked yet??

:chunks

take that BONDS!

WizardsofOzzie
11-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Let me get a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!!:puking: :puking:

If we wanted an overpaid, steriod injecting, outfielder we could just give this guy a call :shammy

PKalltheway
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Ugh, Bonds on the Sox?! I would just love to see how his steroid-pumped ego and Ozzie would react to each other in the same clubhouse.

Bonds? No way.

caulfield12
11-27-2006, 03:40 PM

We already tried this with Albert Belle in his prime.

I would rather sign Sosa to an incentives-laden deal than pay Bonds $18 million when he MIGHT play 100 games. No need for the circus of negativity around the team, Ozzie already has enough media issues by himself.

Unless we're allowed to use Confederate greenbacks, in which case I would get A-Rod, Tejada, Wells and Crawford too.

tstrike2000
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
No.

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I would rather sign Sosa to an incentives-laden deal

:o:

Shut your mouth!

jenn2080
11-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Is this suppose to be in teal? This can not be for real. **** that ****er. I would rather give up my season tickets then watch him in a Sox uniform.

PushnThaEscalade
11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I still love Bonds, no matter what. Steroids or not, what he does off the field is no matter to me as long as he is still even half of the player he was.

The Critic
11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I would not want Bonds on the Sox for the league minimum, much less at the salary he'd want.
Bad legs, bad fielder, bad attitude, bad reputation, bad bad bad.
Let him go to Oakland or wherever else, just PLEASE not here.

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Is this suppose to be in teal? This can not be for real. **** that ****er. I would rather give up my season tickets then watch him in a Sox uniform.

I actually thought that I would probably give up my season tickets if he was in a Sox uniform.

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I still love Bonds, no matter what. Steroids or not, what he does off the field is no matter to me as long as he is still even half of the player he was.

:?:

The cream and the clear directly affect his performance on the field.

WizardsofOzzie
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4417/bangingheadrc0.gif

WizardsofOzzie
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Glad to see the answer to the question is a landslide in favor of keeping Bonds away at all costs!!

LongLiveFisk
11-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Hell no.

Ol' No. 2
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Of all the players the Sox COULD get, the only one I'd want LESS is...umm...give me a minute, I'll think of someone....

...still thinking..

...still thinking...

I guess there isn't anyone I'd want less.

spawn
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm a little disappointed in this poll. I thought for sure there would be a HELL NO!!! option...

mjmcend
11-27-2006, 05:01 PM
This is one of the most well thought-out and researched trade or free-agent signings posted this offseason. Yet it still manages to be the dumbest.

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm a little disappointed in this poll. I thought for sure there would be a HELL NO!!! option...

That can be fixed. :cool:

jenn2080
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM

What about an abso****inglutely not?

itsnotrequired
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
This is one of the most well thought-out and researched trade or free-agent signings posted this offseason. Yet it still manages to be the dumbest.

I've seen dumber...

I want Mags back
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
**** NO

Palehose13
11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
What about an abso****inglutely not?

**** NO

Oy Vey! You people are impossible to please. You remind me of an ex-girlfriend. We would...oh, nevermind.

jenn2080
11-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Oy Vey! You people are impossible to please. You remind me of an ex-girlfriend. We would...oh, nevermind.

I am a women. What do you expect?:D:

Say no to Bonds, A Rod, and Manny and yes to a whole lot more.

Zisk77
11-27-2006, 07:21 PM
"He solves our left field problem and ..."

Bonds cannot move off a dime. He is now a DH. I would love to see Bonds in Chicago ... on the NorthSide. That would be too funny. JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!

Ziggy S
11-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Randy, either pass or put down the:bong: ., we're starting to worry about you, man.

thomas35forever
11-27-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1404950&postcount=14

DumpJerry
11-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Words cannot express how to say "no" with total emphasis.

I, for one, would not want my season ticket money going to this jerk's pockets.

mwc44
11-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Words cannot express how to say "no" with total emphasis...

No!
No!!
No!!!
No!!!!
No!!!!!
No!!!!!!

Grzegorz
11-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Stop the insanity!!!

mwc44
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
...sign Barry Bonds. Reportedly, he could be had for one year at $ 18 mil.....

Randy???
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80763&highlight=thread+you+regret+starting (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80763&highlight=thread+you+regret+starting) ?????????????

Corlose 15
11-27-2006, 11:51 PM

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/bolton/bolton2.jpg

"That is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Randy."

spiffie
11-28-2006, 12:26 AM
While I agree the thought of $18 million a year for Bonds is an appalling notion, I do find some of the outrage interesting because of a question it brings up for me.

How many of you who were White Sox fans back in 1998 decided to quit being fans or gave up your tickets due to the Sox signing Wil Cordero, a guy who was arrested for beating up his pregnant wife? Would the signing of a likely steroid user be a greater affront to our collective dignity as a fanbase than that signing was?

kittle42
11-28-2006, 12:53 AM
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/bolton/bolton2.jpg

"That is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Randy."

Excellent catch! :bandance:

LuvSox
11-28-2006, 01:00 AM
While I agree the thought of $18 million a year for Bonds is an appalling notion, I do find some of the outrage interesting because of a question it brings up for me.

How many of you who were White Sox fans back in 1998 decided to quit being fans or gave up your tickets due to the Sox signing Wil Cordero, a guy who was arrested for beating up his pregnant wife? Would the signing of a likely steroid user be a greater affront to our collective dignity as a fanbase than that signing was?

I just went to games and ragged on him. And threatened to kick his ass.

Like he heard me. :rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
11-28-2006, 01:04 AM

While beating up a pregnant wife is on the Top 10 list of things you can't do in life, there are deeper issues with Bonds than with a Cordero.

First, Cordero wasn't $18. Second, he wasn't a traveling media circus. Third, he was in legal trouble for something horrible he did in his domestic life while Bonds might go to jail for something horrible in baseball.

I'd do everything to get this logo: http://www.authenticsportscollectibles.com/store/images/white%20sox.jpg away from anything on the news having to do with Grand Jury, Federal Court and jail time for something that is a downfall to the game. No thanks

Also, Bonds is barely able to play baseball anymore

spawn
11-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Thank you!!!:D:

rdwj
11-28-2006, 10:18 AM
there is a VERY short list of players I hate more than Sosa - Bonds is on that list. I would NEVER root for a team that had Bonds on the roster.

kevin57
11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
I voted "Hell no!" but would have liked to have had a more strongly worded negative response available.

tick53
11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
:sopranos

"You want these guys on you a**?"
:D:

soxinem1
11-28-2006, 08:56 PM

It could be for .18 million or .018 million or even .0018 million, the answer is still NO!

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I hate Bonds. Not just because he took steriods, but also for the fact that he hates white people. That racist bastard.