PDA

View Full Version : 2002 doubts

Dan H
03-06-2002, 05:06 PM
I have my doubts about this season as well. You never know what any player will do after he misses a great portion of the season. As far as fan support, there are reasons they don't come out. And that is why this franchise has such an iffy future. It is sad to see how far the team has fallen in popularity. But loyalty is a two-way street.

doublem23
03-06-2002, 05:11 PM
Welcome to WSI, Dan! :gulp:

Yeah, I agree with you, kind of... While I am very optomistic about the upcoming season, I can see how you would be concerned.

Jeez... what's with all these Sox fans in Highland? Maybe I should move there instead of California so I won't have to get smacked around by FWC! :D:

Daver
03-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Welcome to WSI, Dan! :gulp:

Yeah, I agree with you, kind of... While I am very optomistic about the upcoming season, I can see how you would be concerned.

Jeez... what's with all these Sox fans in Highland? Maybe I should move there instead of California so I won't have to get smacked around by FWC! :D:

Doublem,Dan has been here before,it is nice to have another WSI columnist on the board.

doublem23
03-06-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by daver

Doublem,Dan has been here before,it is nice to have another WSI columnist on the board.

Dammit! Well, in the grand scheme of things, I haven't been here that long (Only since June 2001)....

I take back my welcome. :)

Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Dammit! Well, in the grand scheme of things, I haven't been here that long (Only since June 2001)....

I take back my welcome. :)

How about you buy a copy of Dan's book? I'm sure you've seen it before, and if case you haven't:
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/HopeDespairLarge.jpg

<Fred McGriff like point> This is the Sox book that gets results<end Fred McGriff like point>

doublem23
03-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Dammit... I really can't put 2 and 2 together, can I?

Oh, once someone employs me and I pull myself out of debt, I'll get a copy.

Chisox_cali
03-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Maybe I should move there instead of California so I won't have to get smacked around by FWC! :D:

Or me :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Dammit... I really can't put 2 and 2 together, can I?

Oh, once someone employs me and I pull myself out of debt, I'll get a copy.

It's a good book, I started reading it last week.

Yes I can read, thank you very much. :D:

Debt? You have a little JR in you. :smile:

Spiff
03-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
I have my doubts about this season as well. You never know what any player will do after he misses a great portion of the season. As far as fan support, there are reasons they don't come out. And that is why this franchise has such an iffy future. It is sad to see how far the team has fallen in popularity. But loyalty is a two-way street.

I am thinking this would go in the Despair chapter :D: .

Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I am thinking this would go in the Despair chapter :D: .

The first few pages have the hope, and the last few hape the Despair.