PDA

View Full Version : MLB vs. NFL

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Why baseball can't work like the NFL:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020306daily.shtml

Cheryl
03-06-2002, 06:50 PM
I have to confess something: I never heard of Baseball Prospecture until wee Kermit started posting about it here. It's an excellent site. I wouldn't be thanking K in public like this except I noticed I'm really close to 200 posts.

FarWestChicago
03-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I wouldn't be thanking K in public like this except I noticed I'm really close to 200 posts. Spam on, Cheryl! :D:

kermittheefrog
I have to confess something: I never heard of Baseball Prospecture until wee Kermit started posting about it here. It's an excellent site. I wouldn't be thanking K in public like this except I noticed I'm really close to 200 posts.

Thanks Cheryl. See I've been telling everyone it's not just a stathead thing!

Cheryl
Actually that was #200.

I feel better now.

FarWestChicago
03-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Thanks Cheryl. See I've been telling everyone it's not just a stathead thing! Don't let your head get too big, Kermit. She fessed up she was just spamming. :D:

Lisa
03-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Great post - thanks for the link. The biggest issue I take is with people who want a hard salary cap, because that's what I like least about teh NFL structure. It's depressing when your team can't keep players that are great and fan favorites because of teh salary cap. In a perfect world, star athletes who play their whole career for one team should be able to finish their career with that team, but the cap drives players like Jerry Rice to move for those last few years. I'd hate to see that happen to baseball - imagine losing the Magglios and Franks because of a cap.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Why baseball can't work like the NFL:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020306daily.shtml

"As much as the NFL likes to position its relationship with the league's players as a partnership, it just isn't so, unless your definition of "partnership" includes one party leaning on the other's back in an effort to help him grab his ankles."

Okay, now that's funny! I've never heard such an expression before, but I think I'll remember it now.

:gulp:

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:41 AM

Yeah, Thanks, Kermit, even though I've never been to the site...

:)

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Spam on, Cheryl! :D:

Spamming to up your post count that is disgusting...

:D:

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Don't let your head get too big, Kermit. She fessed up she was just spamming. :D:

So what's your excuse, after all, you are 10 posts short of 5000...

Get to posting, ModBoy...

:D:

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Lisa
Great post - thanks for the link. The biggest issue I take is with people who want a hard salary cap, because that's what I like least about teh NFL structure. It's depressing when your team can't keep players that are great and fan favorites because of teh salary cap. In a perfect world, star athletes who play their whole career for one team should be able to finish their career with that team, but the cap drives players like Jerry Rice to move for those last few years. I'd hate to see that happen to baseball - imagine losing the Magglios and Franks because of a cap.

Rice left because the 9ers wanted to go with youth, not because of a salary cap crunch. Rice wanted to keep playing. He felt he had something to offer. He was right. For the money he signed for, the 9ers could have found a way to afford him if they wanted to.

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Now THAT'S how you spam...

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 12:45 AM

VeeckAsInWreck
03-07-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Now THAT'S how you spam...

That was pretty cool man! U should send this thread over to Harvard University I just saw a job posting there. They need a teacher for Spamming 101! :D:

ma-gaga
03-07-2002, 10:54 AM
hey Kermie, Here's another good analysis site. When I first got there I was overwhelmed by the brain power, but it's degenerated since into a lot of one-liners and defenders of the Choice...

www.baseball-primer.com