PDA

View Full Version : Just One Move

Steelrod
11-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Got to believe that KW will not jump into this FA game and just trade one starter for a reliever or two and perhaps a prospect. Sanity will return.

Lip Man 1
11-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Phil Rogers in his column Saturday has a pretty good read on the 'other' Sox needs. Two outfield spots in his opinion.

Lip

Fake Chet Lemon
11-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Phil Rogers in his column Saturday has a pretty good read on the 'other' Sox needs. Two outfield spots in his opinion.

Lip

Sounds good to me. Right now we are one J. Dye injury away from having one of the worst outfields in the history of the game.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Sounds good to me. Right now we are one J. Dye injury away from having one of the worst outfields in the history of the game.

Since when did Brian Anderson lose an arm?

MRM
11-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Kenny is simply letting the market develop. He holds all the cards with 6 superb starters available for trade. Once Zito signs with someone the whole of MLB will be calling. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see 2 starters traded for a huge return when all is said and done. (Hopefully Vaquez and Garcia)

munchman33
11-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Since when did Brian Anderson lose an arm?

There are two sides of the ball to consider.

MRM
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
There are two sides of the ball to consider.

but it would take a lot of offense to replace that defense he plays.

I'm torn on the whole BA thing. It's impossible to dismiss his gold glove caliber defense in center and just blow him off because of the offensive year he had. And, as others have said, he didn't get much help having Uribe hit in front of him and Pods after him. Teams could, and did go right after him without fear of it hurting them. You simply can't expect a rookie to have good awareness of the strike zone in that situation.

That said, if you can get a good return packaging him with a pitcher to a team that needs both I'm not adverse to doing a deal at all. I don't see getting full value trading him straight up, tho.

Brian is a good prospect with MLB experience and his minor league numbers suggest he'll get much better offensively so I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him for another year, either.

Like I said....torn on the issue.

spiffie
11-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Kenny is simply letting the market develop. He holds all the cards with 6 superb starters available for trade. Once Zito signs with someone the whole of MLB will be calling. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see 2 starters traded for a huge return when all is said and done. (Hopefully Vaquez and Garcia)
No, he has 1 very good starter, one guy coming off injury, one guy who inexplicably collapsed last year, a head case who can't pitch more than 5 innings and hasn't had a good year since 2003, a guy who took 6 months to remember how to pitch, and an unproven rookie. Let's not get our hopes too high here.

FoxsMightyMite
11-25-2006, 07:53 PM
No, he has 1 very good starter, one guy coming off injury, one guy who inexplicably collapsed last year, a head case who can't pitch more than 5 innings and hasn't had a good year since 2003, a guy who took 6 months to remember how to pitch, and an unproven rookie. Let's not get our hopes too high here.

Spiffie, I see you as a glass is half broken and smashed kinda guy.

FoxsMightyMite
11-25-2006, 07:54 PM

I think you have no sense of perspective.

MRM
11-25-2006, 08:41 PM

Who is coming off injury? Who collapsed? Who is a head case? and who took 6 months to "remember how to pitch"? Who is the "unproven rookie"

Heck...who is the "very good starter"? I have to question if you know ANYTHING about pitching.

Not a single one of your thoughts make much sense.

batmanZoSo
11-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Who is coming off injury? Who collapsed? Who is a head case? and who took 6 months to "remember how to pitch"? Who is the "unproven rookie"

Heck...who is the "very good starter"? I have to question if you know ANYTHING about pitching.

Why, because they don't fit the optimistic view you have?

This isn't '05 anymore. Hell, '06 wasn't even close to '05. There's a very broad range for how good this team--and especially the rotation--can be next year.

southwstchi4life
11-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Well back to trade talks. Id agree with the people above. Kennys probably waiting around. Hes not gonna over pay a free agent just cause there is no many around. I have a feeling a trade will be done for a name that hasnt been mentioned. Usually how Kenny works. But something will happen I feel

MRM
11-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Why, because they don't fit the optimistic view you have?

No, because those claims simply don't make any sense.

rainbow6
11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
If you really can't figure out at least a couple of those examples I have a hard time believing you watched much White Sox baseball this year.

Domeshot17
11-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Hmmm, Don't question other people's REALISTIC view of the team when you obviously have no clue beyond your blind hopefullness. I am all for wishing this team the best of luck but C'MON.

Contreras battles several injuries (mostly the Hammy) all year

Garcia did not figure out how to pitch without his heater until the tail end of the season.

Buehlre just collapsed, and by collapsed, I mean he would have been the 4th or 5th starter on the north side.

Vazquez is the head case who has no confidence in himself or his pitches, who trusts his worst pitch (breaking ball that floats) more then his best pitch (tight slider that bites hard off the plate) beyond 5 innings. He also doesnt do well the 3rd time through the lineup, meaning he falls into patterns to often and doesnt change it up enough.

Brandon has proven nothing except his ceiling is huge. He was very poor out of the bullpen. Maybe he was not cut out for relieving (he needs a long time to get loose, he needs to be in rhythm, He is a guy who gets stronger into the game and can use his breaking ball more late). We all trust him, but he is no lock to be good next year.

And Garland, who won 18 but still had a very average ERA and got 5 of his wins of run support alone.

All of the 6 have the potential to be number 1 sp's, but only 1 (and he is debatable) pitched like a number 1 last year.