PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hall?

FedEx227
11-25-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm back for a random mention of a player

Bill Hall. How nice would that be? Plays LF, CF and SS, had a GREAT season last year. The Brewers are probably not likely to move him, but I personally think he'd be a nice little option, we know the Brew-Crew is always looking for pitching and we got it!

The Critic
11-25-2006, 06:03 AM
I like Hall, but where do the Sox put him? LF? CF and move BA to left?
How much salary would Milwaukee want to take on, and which starter would the Sox offer for Hall?
I don't know if there's a logical match for a deal, but I'd like any trade that could make the Sox and Brewers stronger.

caulfield12
11-25-2006, 06:10 AM
And he's kind of in that Chone Figgins mold....lots of positions, master of none.

That, combined with the fact that he's coming off his very best season overall, would make him "overvalued" compared to what he's really worth and most likely to produce.

Reminder: past returns are not a guarantee of future results.

UserNameBlank
11-27-2006, 05:09 AM
No deal for Hall would make any sense. He is a power hitting strikeout guy who doesn't exactly play the greatest D. On the Sox he would only contribute to something that was already becoming a problem last year: lots of home runs (very good), but no small ball/ability to manufacture runs (very bad).

The Brewers need Hall to be a big part of their lineup. Why they even began 2006 with Hall on the bench was a question many BrewCrew fans asked. Now that he has put together very solid back to back seasons he needs to be an opening day starter. Mench, Jenkins, and Clark I'd all love to see gone. Clark is a 4th OF who should only play CF as a backup IMO. Jenkins and Mench are not productive enough to be corner OF's, especially in the NL.

IMO, Hall should start in LF this year with Koskie at 3B. If they move an outfielder I hope they can pick up a leadoff man for CF, but I highly doubt they will. They need starting pitching but they aren't going to get anything great with what they can afford to give up. They could try and trade Sheets, but I don't think they would be able to get anywhere near as much for him now as they could have gotten before they signed him to an extension. Poor Brewers, they will suck again next year largely in part to this terribly over-inflated free agent market, which has a whole lot to do with those morons on the North side.