PDA

View Full Version : Jason Dellaero Off To AAA, Again!

DrCrawdad
03-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Just heard on AM1000 that Jason Dellaero was sent off the Charlotte. Dellaero had an error yesterday, right? And didn't he have a couple others as well?

Anyway, what are the Sox plans with Dellaero? It doesn't appear that he can hit at all. He's 26 yrs old, so is he going to learn anytime soon? Will Dellaero be released? I'd bet that he gets released. The only reason I can see holding on to him is if they just need someone to fill a spot at SS at AAA. Dellaero, what a waste of a roster spot.

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Just heard on AM1000 that Jason Dellaero was sent off the Charlotte. Dellaero had an error yesterday, right? And didn't he have a couple others as well?

Anyway, what are the Sox plans with Dellaero? It doesn't appear that he can hit at all. He's 26 yrs old, so is he going to learn anytime soon? Will Dellaero be released? I'd bet that he gets released. The only reason I can see holding on to him is if they just need someone to fill a spot at SS at AAA. Dellaero, what a waste of a roster spot.

I say the plans are to let him become a 6 year free agent and decide if he wants to stick around and try to hit well enough to make it as a utility player. Although I wouldn't give him any shot after hitting below .200 two years in a row. I feel bad for the Charlotte fans that have to watch this guy at the plate.

Randar68
03-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

There has been talk of him being moved to pitcher for about a year or so now. He can throw over 90 from flat ground, and it has been discussed in the past. As far as I can tell, the Sox really like him and he seems like a great guy.

Personally, I would bet, if he approves it, that he gets a shot at pitching first, despite his age...

DrCrawdad
03-06-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
There has been talk of him being moved to pitcher for about a year or so now. He can throw over 90 from flat ground, and it has been discussed in the past. As far as I can tell, the Sox really like him and he seems like a great guy.

Personally, I would bet, if he approves it, that he gets a shot at pitching first, despite his age...

Good point. I've heard over and over about Dellaero's arm and defense. Too bad he can't hit.

Come to think of it if Dellaero were to go over to the NL, wouldn't he even be a light hitting pitcher?

:)

- DrCrawdad.

Jjav829
03-06-2002, 07:50 PM
For some reason I have this obsession with watching Dellaero throw. I just love watching him throw. When he was called up a fews years ago I used to sit there hoping they would hit it to him just so I could watch him throw it. Just thought I would let you know. :smile:

I need help.

Daver
03-06-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I need help.

No arguments here.:redneck

duke of dorwood
03-06-2002, 10:07 PM
:nardi

I'll whip that arm into shape

voodoochile
03-06-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Nardi, whipping a pitcher is NOT an acceptable way to show displeasure... Though finding out you have been using it as a teaching or conditioning tool might explain the rash of injuries the pitchers have been experiencing...

:kipper
"And you guys thought I was scared of the hitters, puh-leeze... Ever been hit with a cat-o-nine tails? All we hear is, 'Throw harder you lazy bum' CRACK!!!"

"Worthless lazy pitchers, I'll get the most out of them if it kills them..."

baggio202
03-07-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

nardi will have him throwing 84 mph cutters in no time :)