PDA

View Full Version : Recordings of World Series Celebrations?

tony1972
11-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I have copies of the World Series DVDs and also Sox Pride..but did anyone make recordings of the celebrations in the city after the Sox won?

I am thinking in particular in the area of Halsted and 35th..I was there but unfortunately did not take any pictures of make any recordings....

I am thinking of newsreel reports, etc. showing the reactions throughout the city..

TommyJohn
11-24-2006, 05:11 PM
No one was at the parade. Don't you read the Tribune?:redneck

FedEx227
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
What World Series? Soriano hasn't led Chicago to one yet.

Hangar18
11-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I have copies of the World Series DVDs and also Sox Pride..but did anyone make recordings of the celebrations in the city after the Sox won?

I am thinking in particular in the area of Halsted and 35th..I was there but unfortunately did not take any pictures of make any recordings....

I am thinking of newsreel reports, etc. showing the reactions throughout the city..

Yes. As a matter of fact, I did. I tried to download several stills but wasnt able to ......... another small problem, trying to edit it, the tape snapped (its a dv-mini tape if anyone knows how to fix that). I have everything from in the bar the last 2 innings, to the pandemonium inside afterwards, to the craziness in the streets afterwards. I think it was important because there were hardly any news crews around to document it (like it never happened-we know otherwise) because they were all outside the stadium, and the Police didnt let ANYONE go to the park, so the recordings outside are relatively subdued, compared to 35th & Wallace, where SOX FANS by default ended up congregating.

Im hoping to have it fixed by then ...... and debuting it at the Soxmas Party
Fri Dec. 15th

tony1972
11-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks..

I look forward to seeing it..

chisoxfanatic
11-27-2006, 01:07 PM
compared to 35th & Wallace, where SOX FANS by default ended up congregating

Bridgeport was awesome that night indeed. I can remember it being in the upper 30s-lower 40s and raining, but none of us really cared, as our hearts were warmed by the World Series Championship. I can remember being outside for a couple of hours after the Series was won, and didn't even feel cold. Great times.

You must have the best footage of all.

ChiSoxGirl
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Im hoping to have it fixed by then ...... and debuting it at the Soxmas Party
Fri Dec. 15th

That would be great! I'd really like to see the footage you captured on those nights. I just remember people literally dancing on Halsted & 35th Streets and going up to cars and high-fiving people in cars; truly amazing!

Bridgeport was awesome that night indeed. I can remember it being in the upper 30s-lower 40s and raining, but none of us really cared, as our hearts were warmed by the World Series Championship. I can remember being outside for a couple of hours after the Series was won, and didn't even feel cold. Great times.

You must have the best footage of all.

I couldn't imagine myself enjoying the Pennant and World Series clinching games anywhere except Bridgeport. The scene was nothing shy of chaotic, but it was happy chaos.