PDA

View Full Version : Nov 30 benefit with Sox and Bears autographed items

Vernam
11-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Mods, I saw some other Sox-related benefit postings in the clubhouse, but please move this if it belongs elsewhere. The Sox sent a nice Buehrle-autographed ball for the auction, and the Bears sent a cool mini-football with team logo and years of their championship seasons, autographed by Charles Tillman. I'm also contributing Sox stuff from my season-ticket holder goodie box, including mini replica World Series trophy. There will be lots of non-sports auction items, too.

If you're in Downers Grove next Thursday, you might get a good deal on this stuff, and it's for a good cause.

Krell Family Benefit at Ballydoyle on November 30

The family of Richard and Jamie Krell faces severe medical and financial hardships due to injuries Richard suffered in an accident last summer. On Thursday, November 30, the public is invited to a benefit evening of food, live music, silent auctions and prizes to help the Krells through this time. The location is Ballydoyle Restaurant and Pub, 5157 Main St., Downers Grove.

Admission is free. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. with an optional buffet dinner ($25 minimum donation), and music starts at 7:30 with the Vernam Cipher band. At 9:40 p.m., the Tonellis will play, followed at 10:45 p.m. by JPG. Among the auctions are White Sox memorabilia (including a baseball autographed by All-Star pitcher Mark Buehrle), a Bears mini-football (autographed by cornerback Charles Tillman), and many other items. Visit www.cipherdom.com (http://www.cipherdom.com/) for details, or call 312-386-8609.

Thanks,

Vernam

caulfield12
11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
What about "Make Glorious Benefit of Kazahkstan" fundraiser for the Sox?

Sorry, I'm now preprogrammed to think of Borat wheneve I see the word "benefit" in thread.

White Sox Charities do lots of great things, my dream job when I was in HS was to be the head of Community Relations or "White Sox Charities." Most teams now have split to have 3-4 "community relations people," whereas before the PR office did everything. That's progress of a sort.