PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving (and Tommie Agee Day)

StatManDu
11-23-2006, 10:18 AM
On this date in White Sox history, centerfielder Tommie Agee was overwhelmingly voted the American League Rookie of the Year in balloting released by the Baseball Writers Association of America in 1966. Agee captured 16 of the 20 first-place votes after hitting .273 with 22 home runs and 44 steals as the White Sox finished 83-79 and in fourth place under Eddie Stanky. Agee became the second White Sox player in three years (Gary Peters 1963) and the third overall (Luis Aparicio 1956) to win this award. Agee’s campaign also included a Gold Glove making him the first player to win that award and the Rookie of the Year Award in the same season.

Mod edit: In case you didn't get the message from your last rules violation, we don't permit links to outside blogs here. Try it again, and you'll find yourself on hiatus.

Oh, and once again, if you haven't noticed, we already have someone who does "This Date in Sox History." We don't need another.

Jerko
11-23-2006, 10:30 AM
:rolleyes:

StatManDu
11-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Fine. I apologize. Is it OK if I just cut and paste. There is no profit involved. I am not trying to make any money. I am just putting forth information I have collected over the years (as part of a job I have with the team) just to enhance the board.

That's all. No nefarious intentions.

If you want me to stop, I'll stop.

TornLabrum
11-23-2006, 10:37 AM
As I said, we already has someone who does this. We don't need anyone else. Really!

StatManDu
11-23-2006, 10:47 AM
What if I post every day (I don't the other one does) and the information I post is different from the information posted by the other poster? Wouldn't that be akin to someone posting one thought about Joe Crede and then another person posting a different opinion.

Is that OK? Also, I don't understand why you would want to discourage someone from posting? Doesn't that run contrary to the purpose of forums such as these?

Thanks.

Erik The Red
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, and once again, if you haven't noticed, we already have someone who does "This Date in Sox History." We don't need another.

Wow. Ouch.

StatManDu
11-23-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't get that. Anyway, whatever you and the board adminstrators rule is fine. It's your board, you make the rules and I will abide by them.

Really, I had no bad intentions. Just trying to put forth some info that your community would find interesting. I am not doing this for "views" or "profit." It just started as a project to get all my information in one place for future use in other outlets. Then I started posting it, having a good time, shared it with a few friends who found it fun and thought others would, too.

That's all.

Anyway, have a good Thanksgiving, everyone!

rwcescato
11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
On this date in White Sox history, centerfielder Tommie Agee was overwhelmingly voted the American League Rookie of the Year in balloting released by the Baseball Writers Association of America in 1966. Agee captured 16 of the 20 first-place votes after hitting .273 with 22 home runs and 44 steals as the White Sox finished 83-79 and in fourth place under Eddie Stanky. Agee became the second White Sox player in three years (Gary Peters 1963) and the third overall (Luis Aparicio 1956) to win this award. Agee’s campaign also included a Gold Glove making him the first player to win that award and the Rookie of the Year Award in the same season.

Mod edit: In case you didn't get the message from your last rules violation, we don't permit links to outside blogs here. Try it again, and you'll find yourself on hiatus.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. If you live in Chicago it looks like a beautiful 60 degree day. Enjoy the sun and turkey everyone.
Rich:gulp:

Lip Man 1
11-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Especially the finest baseball fans on the planet...White Sox fans.

Lip