PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from Billy Pierce

PaleHoseGeorge
11-23-2006, 09:06 AM
November 6, 2006

Dear George,

Thank you for the donation of $541.50 from White Sox Interactive to the Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities.

Your contribution, along with the other money raised this year, will be presented to Northwestern Memorial and Children Memorial Hospitals at our annual meeting in January.

Personally, my thanks to you for the book of dedications. My wife and I have enjoyed reading the different way the White Sox fans expressed their feelings. It was a great time for all of us.

Sincerely,

Billy Pierce

For further details, please visit the new feature article (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=3288) on the main page.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. And Happy Birthday to White Sox Interactive, now eight years young!

George Bova

DumpJerry
11-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Welcome back, PHG!:wink:

Glad to see WSI is making a positive contribution to the community.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving George!!!

We miss your footy smack talking! :D:

eastchicagosoxfan
11-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome back, PHG. I've missed your insight and wit. Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy to see WSI involved in charity.

StatManDu
11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
That is awesome. Billy Pierce is a great guy.

Lip Man 1
11-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Agreed. Billy is one of the finest people around. I'm proud to consider him a friend and to have had many conversations about his career and baseball. (It was also really cool to compare pitching grips with him when I was in Chicago in May!)

:D:

Lip

NSSoxFan
11-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Great article on the front page, George. Happy B-Day to WSI! More importantly, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

MarySwiss
11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Great article, George! And Happy Thanksgiving.

With regard to the Dedicated To... book, there's something I've experienced that really makes me happy, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

All my friends out here in Arizona know about my White Sox obsession and have come to terms with it, usually just doing their "Here she goes again" eyeroll when I start raving about them. However, whenever I show the Dedicated To... book to anyone and explain the motivation behind it, what's in it, and who wrote it, people are unfailingly impressed with the devotion Sox fans have. And I show the book to pretty much every person who walks into my house. (Even my Tribe fan friend found it interesting.)

I've always known that non-Sox fans just never got that we are a different breed from your average fan, and books like Dedicated To... have helped bring that fact into the light of day, IMO.

MUsoxfan
11-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I should walk over to his house and thank him personally:D:

MUsoxfan
11-24-2006, 03:47 AM
BTW, PHG has been MIA for the last couple months......we've missed you

ode to veeck
11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
... and on this day-after-thanksgiving morn, through a fairly dense post port and wine varietals tasting binge fog, I am thankful for PHG and WSI for many years of mild amusement and great comraderies

DrCrawdad
11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I'll take a break for the moment from my WSI posting sabbatical to congratulation PHG and the fine folks at WSI.

Good job!