PDA

View Full Version : Mario Valenzuela


Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 01:06 PM
Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure he's an outfielder.

Someone alert the Sun Times:
A REAL CATCH: Keep an eye on catcher Mario Valenzuela, who is having one of the hottest springs on the Sox

Even before Cactus League play began, Valenzuela, 24, was impressive in three intrasquad games as he hit a deep shot to center off the hitters' backdrop in the first game and homered in the third game.

On Tuesday against the Cubs, Valenzuela was 3-for-3 with a home run, four RBI and three runs as a replacement in left field for Rowand. Valenzuela's two-run home run off Jeff Fassero highlighted a 10-run Sox fifth inning

Daver
03-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure he's an outfielder.

Someone alert the Sun Times:


Let them know that he's 25 too.

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 04:40 PM
Seems like a thread about Valenzuela shows up every couple days.

Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Seems like a thread about Valenzuela shows up every couple days.

I'm just pointing out the error, I'm not going to say something crazy like "He should make the team!"

danman31
03-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'm not going to say somethimg crazy like "He should make the team!" Why would this be crazy? I think he deserves a shot over Liefer who should be traded along with Caballo.

Daver
03-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Why would this be crazy? I think he deserves a shot over Liefer who should be traded along with Caballo.

Because of the Fact that he is not better than Borchard,Rowand,Ordonez,or Simmons.

Jerry_Manuel
03-06-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by daver
Because of the Fact that he is not better than Borchard,Rowand,Ordonez,or Simmons.

Is he better then Lee?

czalgosz
03-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by daver


Because of the Fact that he is not better than Borchard,Rowand,Ordonez,or Simmons.

He's not as good as Liefer or Lee, either. At best, the Sox could trick another team into thinking that Valenzuela's got potential so they could get someone who has value for him. He's no more of a prospect than, say, Jeff Inglin.

Daver
03-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Is he better then Lee?

Defensively,yes,A frisbee catching dog might be better.

Offensively,not a chance.