PDA

View Full Version : Podsednik back?

VladtheImpaler
11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I hope they do something about podsednik I don't think I can take another year watching him, the only good thing about him is that his wife is a fox. I want to see sweeney in left or fields. I think having a lead off man hit with some power would be better than having scotty up there trying to fight off every pitch and bloop it into left field

oeo
11-22-2006, 06:32 PM
I hope they do something about podsednik I don't think I can take another year watching him, the only good thing about him is that his wife is a fox. I want to see sweeney in left or fields. I think having a lead off man hit with some power would be better than having scotty up there trying to fight off every pitch and bloop it into left field

Did I miss something? Is it already April?

No, it's November 22, calm down. A lot can change in a matter of days, and there are months left of the offseason.

We all knew the Sox weren't going to sign Pierre or Matthews because they were both going to get absurd contracts. I don't want either one of those guys anyway, and I don't want Roberts either. I want the Sox to pursue their leadoff hitter through trade.

VladtheImpaler
11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
I know it's November I just am getting anxious to trades, I need someting to look forward to, the bulls suck and all I have is the bears that play once a week

Domeshot17
11-22-2006, 06:46 PM
just not sure who will be available via trade. Crawford is going no where.

1 guy i really hope kenny looks at is Rocco Baledlli. He is basically the odd man out of the OF of Crawford Young and Upton when he gets moved to the OF

Lip Man 1
11-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Actually there is a story on ESPN.com that says trades look to be the rage starting at the GM meetings due to the limited free agents available and the cost of signing them. They specifically say that Crawford could be had for a top young starting pitcher.

Lip

QCIASOXFAN
11-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Actually there is a story on ESPN.com that says trades look to be the rage starting at the GM meetings due to the limited free agents available and the cost of signing them. They specifically say that Crawford could be had for a top young starting pitcher.

Lip
If that means B.M. so be it. That would be just fine with me.

oeo
11-22-2006, 08:06 PM
If that means B.M. so be it. That would be just fine with me.

I'll never understand this. McCarthy is young, with very high potential...he will be with the Sox for a long time. Or we can throw a bunch of money at Garcia and Vazquez...I'll take the former, unless we suddenly get some young, potential stud pitcher (which I actually think will happen). But at this point, no way I trade McCarthy to get Crawford.

If by "B.M." you mean bowel movement, I'll agree with that.

oeo
11-22-2006, 08:15 PM
just not sure who will be available via trade. Crawford is going no where.

How do you know this? If a team really wants him, they can get him.

Erik The Red
11-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Crawford is going no where.
:cleo

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
How do you know this? If a team really wants him, they can get him.

Because tampa bay has limited power surge's in its' lineup. Crawford is like the set captain of this crappy team. It's like us giving away Paulie, sorta.

caulfield12
11-22-2006, 09:05 PM
If we can steal Figgins away from the Angels, who've forced their own hands by taking on Matthews Jr., we don't have to give away McCarthy or half our farm system. They would have very little to no interest in any of our veteran starters.

cwsfannick
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
I remember reading last year that Kenny would try to slot in one home grown player into the major league roster each year. Is there any chance that Ryan Sweeney could play LF next year?

slavko
11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Pods may be better than any of the alternatives. He did start the year injured. He fell into the same "more power, less OBP" trap that he did in 2004 with the Brewers. His 2006 SLG was higher than 2005 even though he was a much worse leadoff hitter with a much worse BA. So a healthy, refocused Pods may be better than all the bozos we're suggesting.

He is dangerous in the field....I won't deny it.

chisoxfanatic
11-22-2006, 11:23 PM
He is dangerous in the field....I won't deny it.

He's MUCH better than Carlos Lee ever was (that lawn ornament)! :redneck

I think last year was a "down" year for him and would love for them to give him another year.

DumpJerry
11-22-2006, 11:33 PM
What does his wife have to with it? All I care about is if the player produces. Whom he is married to make no difference to me.

Ol' No. 2
11-22-2006, 11:45 PM
What does his wife have to with it? All I care about is if the player produces. Whom he is married to make no difference to me.Did you miss the "pennies in a jar" thread?

caulfield12
11-23-2006, 12:22 AM
He's MUCH better than Carlos Lee ever was (that lawn ornament)! :redneck

I think last year was a "down" year for him and would love for them to give him another year.

That's not the point...is there anyone out there better (OBP and stolen base %) defensively, younger and available?

Chone Figgins is it, unless we go for broke and deal for Crawford.

Palehose13
11-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I would only want to get rid of Podsednik if it is for an upgrade (Crawford, Figgins) but not for someone equal or worse. There are a lot worse players out there than Scott Podsednik.

hi im skot
11-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Because tampa bay has limited power surge's in its' lineup. Crawford is like the set captain of this crappy team. It's like us giving away Paulie, sorta.

There aren't enough :o: icons to adequately express how I feel about this post.

esbrechtel
11-23-2006, 09:37 PM
i would rather have pods back then have figgins play the OF or 3b for the sox...he is not a huge upgrade and not worth trading crede...

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-23-2006, 09:55 PM
There aren't enough :o: icons to adequately express how I feel about this post.
Which means?

VladtheImpaler
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
What does his wife have to with it? All I care about is if the player produces. Whom he is married to make no difference to me.

yea that was sarcasm to show how worthless he is

oeo
11-23-2006, 10:43 PM

No, it's not. Tampa Bay is stacked with young outfielders, and their biggest need is pitching. They will make a deal if a young pitcher comes their way. They're loaded with outfield talent, it's not like Crawford is the only option.

caulfield12
11-23-2006, 10:47 PM
No, it's not. Tampa Bay is stacked with young outfielders, and their biggest need is pitching. They will make a deal if a young pitcher comes their way. They're loaded with outfield talent, it's not like Crawford is the only option.

Yes, Delmon Young. But there's no certainty Baldelli, Upton or Gomes are going to be long-term solutions.

hi im skot
11-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Which means?

Tampa Bay has a decent offense, which we saw displayed multiple times against us this season. Crawford is a heck of a player, no doubt, but I think if TB got some good pitching in return, they'd be in decent shape.

I can't think of any proposed trade that involves Konerko that makes sense for the Sox.