PDA

View Full Version : Matthews close to signing with Angels

Pierzynski 12
11-22-2006, 11:02 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4702721

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Matthews Jr. was just a one year wonder, IMO. But, yah, i agree the angels need this guy, only because chone fig's has a noodle arm, and they need more power to their lineup. That's what lost them a west coast title last year.

Another question pops up as well: Where is Fig's going?

Beautox
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Michael Tucker anyone?

Angels should have just got Drew or Lee. Maybe if they didn't hold their prospects in such high regard they would deal some for a bat.

caulfield12
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Any team that signs Matthews for $55 million over 5 years needs to have their head examined.

He's been through waivers a number of times and could have been had for almost nothing up until a couple of seasons ago.

The way things are going, the White Sox will be signing Erstad, Salmon or trading for Garrett Anderson, lol.

Beautox
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Also i wonder what this means for Reggie Willits? i would love to have his glove and on base skills on this team.

caulfield12
11-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Michael Tucker anyone?

Angels should have just got Drew or Lee. Maybe if they didn't hold their prospects in such high regard they would deal some for a bat.

They have a lot of question marks. They have Kotchman, McPherson, Morales, Kendrick, two catchers...don't they still have Anderson under contract for one more year? They also have Aybar and Brandon Wood coming up and a major question mark named Bartolo Colon.

They have Izturis and Juan Rivera to get playing time as well.

I wouldn't touch JD Drew with a ten foot pole, I might pick Randy Moss or TO over that guy.

They have a lot of "parts" but no solid components besides Vladdy and Cabrera.