PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Griffey Jr. this year

MattSharp
03-06-2002, 11:19 AM
I have a huge feeling that Ken Griffey is gonna have a monster year. He has gotten a bad rap being hurt the last couple years. I think he will be a serious player.....

RedPinStripes
03-06-2002, 11:29 AM
I hear he's not the best teammate to have.

Paulwny
03-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Money and arrogance usually go hand in hand.

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

You could say that but one of the coach's that talked complaints was when Griffey was injured he got treatment instead of shagging balls in the outfield. What the hell kind of complaint is that? Would you rather have him shag balls and not get treatment and not be in the lineup? Pokey Reese? He's a dumbass anyway he thought he turned down a 3 million dollar per year contract and look where he is now. Griffey has issues that need to be dealt with, it doesn't mean he's a clubhouse cancer or any of that garbage. The Mariners won with him just fine.

guillen4life13
03-06-2002, 07:16 PM
i'm just curious here. how old is he? he looks young and everything, but how long has he been around and how old was he when he started?

as for him as a clubhouse cancer, i'd have trouble believing that. he's always been very good with the media, and well respected by other players. this just coming out of the blue is kinda weird. i think pokey had a grudge or jealousy issue there.

hmm, lemme think. I've got a screwed up hamstring, but i want to play. why not go shag fly balls and screw it up even more?

kermittheefrog
03-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
i'm just curious here. how old is he? he looks young and everything, but how long has he been around and how old was he when he started?

as for him as a clubhouse cancer, i'd have trouble believing that. he's always been very good with the media, and well respected by other players. this just coming out of the blue is kinda weird. i think pokey had a grudge or jealousy issue there.

hmm, lemme think. I've got a screwed up hamstring, but i want to play. why not go shag fly balls and screw it up even more?

Griffey is 32 and I agree with the initial sentiment of this thread. He's going to be a big NL MVP candidate this year.

fuzzy_patters
03-06-2002, 07:31 PM
I think Griffey was 19 when he started. That would have been about '89, so I think he's about 32.

Cheryl
03-06-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

The Mariners won with him just fine.

They don't do badly without him either.