PDA

View Full Version : Mommas, let your boys become White Sox players

DumpJerry
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Murph on The Snore just mentioned that the White Sox have the fewest number of days of players on the DL for the 1999-2006 seasons of all teams in MLB.

Herm, you're the Man!:thumbsup:

southwstchi4life
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Go Herm

goon
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Herm appreciation post. good job, bud.

maurice
11-21-2006, 02:59 PM
It's not Herm, it's KW. He stockpiles pitchers who almost never get injured, while other teams give huge contracts to massive injury risks.

DumpJerry
11-21-2006, 03:12 PM
It's not Herm, it's KW. He stockpiles pitchers who almost never get injured, while other teams give huge contracts to massive injury risks.
Huh?

I want Mags back
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
ok, im still gonna credit herm anyways

maurice
11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Knock youself out. Just make sure you also blame him for the decimation that followed the 2000 season and the recurrence of Frank's injury in 2005. I'll just continue to credit KW for learning his lesson and stockpiling healthy pitchers.

Palehose13
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Knock youself out. Just make sure you also blame him for the decimation that followed the 2000 season and the recurrence of Frank's injury in 2005. I'll just continue to credit KW for learning his lesson and stockpiling healthy pitchers.

Dude, I've been just feeling the angry vibe off of you lately. Need to talk? :D:

Iwritecode
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Wasn't the one guy that was injured the most the past two years Dustin Hermanson? I also thought Cliff Politte admitted there was something wrong after he was released.

I'll admit the starting five have typically been healthy the past few years. Minus El Duque I guess...

maurice
11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Dude, I've been just feeling the angry vibe off of you lately. Need to talk? :D:

Let's just say that a 4-day weekend is a beautiful thing.
:cool:

DoItAllJoeHall
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM

Part of it is scouting and coaching, but a large part is due to Herm having the guys ready to play each season, day after day. He's one of the best trainers in the league. There are other players and trainers around baseball that come to him for advice and help. So, it's the best of both worlds, but I would tend to give a little more credit to Herm, Brian Ball, Allen Thomas, and the rest of the training staff.

DumpJerry
11-22-2006, 01:42 PM
All of the above-noted injuries/players are part of the equation already. Anyone who wants to dispute the fact that Hermy is Number One in his field in MLB can step outside and discuss this further with me.

I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are spending time drinking with Homefish.

maurice
11-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Anyone who wants to dispute the fact that Hermy is Number One in his field in MLB can step outside and discuss this further with me.

*** are you talking about?
:rolleyes:

Who's got the "angry vibe" now, Val? LOL.

DumpJerry
11-22-2006, 01:46 PM
*** are you talking about?

maurice
11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Still waiting for you to explain what we're supposed to "step outside" of and why.

my5thbench
11-22-2006, 09:52 PM
my vote's still with Herm.....amazing care for Sox great & small...keep it up gang

Fake Chet Lemon
11-25-2006, 02:06 PM

Yep, that's why El Duque was one year and done.

But come on, Herm is the man too!!!! What he did with Bo Jackson was legendary. If the Pope ever decides to nominate a patron saint of trainers, that will be Herm's miracle qualifier.

TheKittle
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
The players who work their butts off during the off season get no credit, right?

daveeym
11-25-2006, 03:13 PM
The players who work their butts off during the off season get no credit, right?
Ozzie's heavy use of the bench has to factor in for the more recent years as well.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm totally asking Santa Claus for a Hermie Jersey!
Go Herm!

MRM
11-25-2006, 04:50 PM
That Herm has been one of the best for years. The entire training staff has been. What amazes me is the guy who is able to seemingly work miracles himself looks like a roly-poly. :D:

SoxEd
11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
That Herm has been one of the best for years. The entire training staff has been. What amazes me is the guy who is able to seemingly work miracles himself looks like a roly-poly. :D:

I'd like to be able to put that down just to the heroic amount of kit he carts with him every time he goes on to the field.
:redneck

Anyway, who cares how big he is, as long as he's healthy?
[And now, cue the gags from women saying "only a man would say that 'size doesn't matter'" :wink:]

MRM
11-25-2006, 05:29 PM
I'd like to be able to put that down just to the heroic amount of kit he carts with him every time he goes on to the field.

[And now, cue the gags from women saying "only a man would say that 'size doesn't matter'" :wink:]

It's just funny that perhaps the best trainer around is also the most out of shape trainer around. Imagine hiring a personal trainer who was 75lbs overweight and waddled when he walked. Obviously I know nothing of Herms personal health issues but I assume there are plenty. I'm guessing diabetic, but don't know that to be true.

I just hope there is never a situation where Herm has to be the first responder in an injury situation. "Go get him and meet me in the trainers room, I'll fix him when I get there." :smile:

SoxEd
11-25-2006, 05:32 PM
It's just funny that perhaps the best trainer around is also the most out of shape trainer around. Imagine hiring a personal trainer who was 75lbs overweight and waddled when he walked.

I agree with you entirely.

I guess it's kinda like seeing your mechanic's car - most of them over here drive real clunkers.

And, I've made damn sure never to check out my British Dentists' teeth!

miker
11-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Things Sox-haters can't take away from us:

2005 World Championship!
Best Groundskeeper!
Best Trainer!

maurice
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM

There's no way he can be THAT overweight and also healthy.
Maybe his magnetic bracelets protect him from heart disease?

DumpJerry
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
It's just funny that perhaps the best trainer around is also the most out of shape trainer around. Imagine hiring a personal trainer who was 75lbs overweight and waddled when he walked. Obviously I know nothing of Herms personal health issues but I assume there are plenty. I'm guessing diabetic, but don't know that to be true.

I just hope there is never a situation where Herm has to be the first responder in an injury situation. "Go get him and meet me in the trainers room, I'll fix him when I get there." :smile:
Come on, Herm is not a personal fitness trainer, he's the team's paramedic and doctor. Don't let the term "trainer" mislead you.

WhiteSox5187
11-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I've heard from lots of baseball people that Herm is one of the best trainers in all of baseball. God knows he's been there forever. He also saved Mike Squires life once, he was having some sort of seizure and Herm was smart enough to prop something in his mouth so he wouldn't swallow his tongue...at least that's what my dad tells me.

Lip Man 1
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM
It was Greg Walker...not Squires.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Oops, sorry! You're right.:(: