I knew it, Bonds din't say he wanted sammy to beat his record,
Sammy as usual was just trying to increase his PR value and
imply other MLB players love him(when they don't)Now Sammy
is pissed that reality has struck and he isn't a fav amoung other
players LOLOLOLOLO

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-cub06.html

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2002, 10:24 AM
You mean The Man Who Saved Baseball might have misrepresented something to gullible reporters?

I am shocked and appalled.

:moron

Don't worry, Sammy. We all know that everyone else is wrong, and you're right. You always are, big guy.

Lisa
03-06-2002, 10:26 AM
''Now I have to believe that all the negative things that have been said about him by his teammates are true,'' Sosa said. ''I'm a team player, not a selfish player. I thought he was a good person.

''That doesn't surprise me coming from Barry. I always admired him as a player and a person, but now I have to say that I don't care about him or what he says. I'm disappointed because I have always said good things about him.''

Anyone else think this is way too articulate to have come out of Soso's mouth?

irish rover
03-06-2002, 10:33 AM
is this guy full of himself or what, the movie will either be a made for tv or go straight to video, I'm sure a quality actor will want nothing to do with that

"Sosa also talked about a movie on his life that is in the
planning stages. He speculated that actor Denzel Washington
might be a perfect choice to play him.

If so, Washington had better not be a Bonds fan. The
Bonds-Sosa feud of 2002 might become part of the film."

RedPinStripes
03-06-2002, 10:45 AM
Sosa thinks he deserves more respect from Bonds after hitting 243 homers in the last four seasons. Sosa became the first player in major-league history to have three consecutive seasons with more than 60 homers when he hit 64 in 2001.

What is respect to Shammy? Going along with his lie? wonder if this story will come up somewhere else? Sounds kind of like a reporter that is pissed off at Sosa if you ask me, but i hope it 's all true. What a jagoff!!

DrCrawdad
03-06-2002, 10:48 AM
How I hope the movie develops...

Sammy was traded to the Cubbies for an aged George Bell. And then Sammy becomes an over-weight, poor defensive, George Bell-like player for the Cubbies.

rmusacch
03-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
I knew it, Bonds din't say he wanted sammy to beat his record,
Sammy as usual was just trying to increase his PR value and
imply other MLB players love him(when they don't)Now Sammy
is pissed that reality has struck and he isn't a fav amoung other
players LOLOLOLOLO

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-cub06.html

The article says he became the first player to hit 60 homers in three consecutive seasons. Get your facts straight. He did not do it in three consecutive seasons, just three seasons total.

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Did anyone else catch the incongruity of the following lines out of Sham-ME's mouth:

''I'm a team player, not a selfish player."

''I don't have to worry about him,'' Sosa said. ''He has to worry about me because I'm the one who has a chance to break his record.''

So which is it, Sammy? Are you a team player or are you getting all lathered up about PERSONAL achievements here?!?

voodoochile
03-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Did anyone else catch the incongruity of the following lines out of Sham-ME's mouth:

''I'm a team player, not a selfish player."

''I don't have to worry about him,'' Sosa said. ''He has to worry about me because I'm the one who has a chance to break his record.''

So which is it, Sammy? Are you a team player or are you getting all lathered up about PERSONAL achievements here?!?

Yeah, and I liked the part about how Bonds has to respect him because he has hit 243 HR in the last 4 years. Is anyone shocked that he knows the total? Is anyone shocked that he thinks that earns him respect? Typical Sham(it's all about)MEMEME...

Pete_SSAC
03-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
How I hope the movie develops...

Sammy was traded to the Cubbies for an aged George Bell. And then Sammy became an over-weight George Bell for the Cubbies.

Sodo I. I would LOVE the wife beating and fake charity thing to be on the big screen too.

- Pete

Foulke You
03-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Sodo I. I would LOVE the wife beating and fake charity thing to be on the big screen too.

- Pete

That would be great! I wonder what the climax of the film will be? The magical 2001 collapse? Blowing off the Cubs convention? Almost losing 100 games in 2000? The possibilities are endless...

Hey how about this guy to play Sammy in the movie, you know he'll be enthusiastic for the role and he works CHEAP!
:woo-woo

HawkDJ
03-06-2002, 05:16 PM
LOL! That is all I have to say. That was probably the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

foulkesfan11
03-06-2002, 07:05 PM
CAN YOU SAY LOSER???
:shammy

RKMeibalane
03-06-2002, 09:24 PM
It's funny that everyone always talks about how Frank Thomas is too concerned with his numbers, yet Sosa can tell reporters exactly how many homeruns he's hit over the past four seasons. What's more, he is talking about breaking Bonds' record this season. What a load of crap! If I were him, I'd be more worried about how many games the Scrubs are going to win, because the number is sure to be so low that Don Baylor will be fired once June rolls around.

Man, I really enjoy making fun of the Cubs. I'm not ashamed to say that I hate that team. That organization has no buisiness putting a baseball team on the field, especially one that's led by a self-absorbed turd like Sosa.

FarmerAndy
03-07-2002, 12:35 PM
I've been here in Arizona all week, so this has been my first chance to check the board.

I wish you all could have seen Shammy on tuesday. He dropped just about every fly ball hit to him. I can't even begin to describe how bad it looked. It was as if he'd never played the outfield before.

How's the weather back in Chi-town?????

RedPinStripes
03-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I've been here in Arizona all week, so this has been my first chance to check the board.

I wish you all could have seen Shammy on tuesday. He dropped just about every fly ball hit to him. I can't even begin to describe how bad it looked. It was as if he'd never played the outfield before.

How's the weather back in Chi-town?????

less then half the temp. in AZ. with 6 inches of snow on the ground. :angry:

voodoochile
03-07-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

less then half the temp. in AZ. with 6 inches of snow on the ground. :angry:

That's not true... the snow has been melting steadily and it will be 60 tomorrow... Spring is coming, ain't it grand?

:)

Lisa
03-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Don't get overexcited, the temp is dropping again after the weekend. Ahhh...Chicago.

Oh well - warm weather has to come sometime - I'm just hoping for decent weather opening day. Tailgate! :gulp:

foulkesfan11
03-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Hay Farmer Andy! It was pretty nice here today. 50 I think.

I wish Sammy would get hit in the head by a fly ball & knock him senseless. Wait, he's already senseless!