PDA

View Full Version : Another Wish...

JohnTucker0814
11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Here is what I wish we would do...

Trade Vazquez and a prospect to the Mets for Pelfrey and Milladge

Trade Anderson and a prospect to Texas for Otsuka and Danks

Fill CF with Dave Roberts on a 1 yr contract. Until Owens or Sweeney are ready.

We would then get a Relief Pitcher of significance, LF Milladge replaces Pods and Roberts leads off. We get young pitching in Pelfrey and Danks...

1. Roberts
2. Iguchi
3. Dye
4. Thome
5. Konerko
6. Pierzynski
7. Crede
8. Milladge
9. Uribe

1. Contreras
2. Buehrle
3. Garland
4. Garcia
5. McCarthey
r. Haeger
r. Aardsma
r. MacDougal
r. Thornton
r. Otsuka
r. Jenks

Maybe even send Garcia with Danks/Pelfrey to TB for Crawford and he could leadoff and play CF. Then we would have Danks/Pelfrey instead of Garcia...still 4 solid starters!

kittle42
11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Where's that bong tag?

JohnTucker0814
11-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Whats the bong tag?

Baby Fisk
11-20-2006, 03:41 PM
There's no way the Mets part with Milledge unless someone offers something big. Vazquez + prospect would be a non-starter. Milledge is the Mets #1 prospect.

oeo
11-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Are you serious? The Rangers would have to be on drugs to accept that.

You can't just sign a guy to whatever contract you please. He's going to want three or four years...and that's not worth it.

We would then get a Relief Pitcher of significance, LF Milladge replaces Pods and Roberts leads off. We get young pitching in Pelfrey and Danks...

1. Roberts
2. Iguchi
3. Dye
4. Thome
5. Konerko
6. Pierzynski
7. Crede
8. Milladge
9. Uribe

1. Contreras
2. Buehrle
3. Garland
4. Garcia
5. McCarthey
r. Haeger
r. Aardsma
r. MacDougal
r. Thornton
r. Otsuka
r. Jenks

Maybe even send Garcia with Danks/Pelfrey to TB for Crawford and he could leadoff and play CF. Then we would have Danks/Pelfrey instead of Garcia...still 4 solid starters!

So we end up with five righties and one lefty in the pen. Not going to work, not going to happen.

DaveIsHere
11-20-2006, 03:45 PM
All I hear in these threads now is:

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

:threadblows:

*Cover Eyes and Ears*
"It is not another one of these threads, it is not another one of these threads........"

spiffie
11-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Whats the bong tag?
Not nearly a strong enough drug. Is there a tag for shooting smack into your eyeball?

likeawarlord
11-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Here is what I wish we would do...

no way texas makes that trade. otsuka and danks are both worth more than he is.

also roberts won't be signing a one year contract in this market.

BA: The Hitman
11-20-2006, 05:58 PM
As great as all that would be, the mets arent going to trade milledge for a player like vazquez and theres no way in hell roberts will be signing a one year contract, ive read that hes looking for at least 3 years. But I guess we can dream.......

Domeshot17
11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
While were at it, lets deal Buehlre Rogowski and a prospect to the Cardinals for Pujols and Carpenter. you know, because Buehlre wants to goto the cardinals, and Pujols sucks he didnt even win the mvp.

OOOO and then maybe we can trade Jerry Owens for Ichiro.

GET REAL

Think before posting

hi im skot
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
While were at it, lets deal Buehlre Rogowski and a prospect to the Cardinals for Pujols and Carpenter. you know, because Buehlre wants to goto the cardinals, and Pujols sucks he didnt even win the mvp.

OOOO and then maybe we can trade Jerry Owens for Ichiro.

GET REAL

Think before posting

Wow...that's harsh.

Especially for someone who didn't double check spelling and punctuation.

Soxfanspcu11
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Not nearly a strong enough drug. Is there a tag for shooting smack into your eyeball?

http://www.jimi-hendrix.net/jimi.jpg
"I don't know if there is a tag for it, but check my tour rider."

Wow...that's harsh.

Especially for someone who didn't double check spelling and punctuation.

OH SNAP!!!!!! NO U DIDNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly though, you should know better. As the mods do not look kindly on people insulting people for grammer mistakes. And I tend to agree. After all, posting on WSI is not on the same level as writting a term paper. As long as you understand the point that people are making, who cares if they messed up a word or punctuation? :?:

Edward
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Whats the bong tag?:bong:

Domeshot17
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I apologize, my typing on my pda is terrible (fingers bigger then buttons).

Also wanted to apologize to John Tucker, I still think the ideas are way whack, but you havent been an insane poster like some of the newbies here, so sorry for calling you out, I guess I should have worded that different, meant it more as a general "tired of reading bad rumors" idea.

JohnTucker0814
11-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I apologize, my typing on my pda is terrible (fingers bigger then buttons).

Also wanted to apologize to John Tucker, I still think the ideas are way whack, but you havent been an insane poster like some of the newbies here, so sorry for calling you out, I guess I should have worded that different, meant it more as a general "tired of reading bad rumors" idea.

I agree I hate rumors threads, well I like reading them... I don't think mine is that out of whack... maybe Roberts for 1 yr was unreasonable...but I don't think sending Vazquez and a prospect (maybe it's broadway) can't get us Milledge and Pelfrey. Milledge failed in his call up last year and the Mets desperately need pitching... no Pedro, no Glavine... Is El Duque their best pitcher? Anderson for Otsuka is not out of the realm either, mayb we don't get Danks... maybe we do if we give them a few minor leaguers... who knows...

You were kinda harsh on me though man... that's just wrong! haha

hi im skot
11-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Honestly though, you should know better. As the mods do not look kindly on people insulting people for grammer mistakes. And I tend to agree. After all, posting on WSI is not on the same level as writting a term paper. As long as you understand the point that people are making, who cares if they messed up a word or punctuation? :?:

I'm a perfectionist, and yet I'm made plenty of typos here. Thanksfully, people don't usually give me a hard time. So Domeshot, my sincere apologies good sir.

I (well, we) may not agree with JohnTucker, but we've gotta give the guy a break; I mean, he's got a long way to go before he becomes Whitesox4ever or whoever that poster is.

Anyway, forgive me...

Group hug?

http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/10/27/sp_whitesox114.jpg

WizardsofOzzie
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Where's that bong tag?
:smokin:
:bong: :dumbpeople:

kittle42
11-21-2006, 03:23 AM
but I don't think sending Vazquez and a prospect (maybe it's broadway) can't get us Milledge and Pelfrey.

My Mets fan friend is happy you're not their GM.