PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Stewart?

pauliemyhero14
11-18-2006, 03:36 PM
i wouldn't mind having shannon stewart our left fielder and lead off hitter. he always seemed to play good against us. i say the sox offer him a 1 year deal with an option and see how he does. hes going to be pretty cheap because of the injury. if he did get injured u got sweeney to fill in for him. what do u guys think?

oeo
11-18-2006, 03:42 PM
i wouldn't mind having shannon stewart our left fielder and lead off hitter. he always seemed to play good against us. i say the sox offer him a 1 year deal with an option and see how he does. hes going to be pretty cheap because of the injury. if he did get injured u got sweeney to fill in for him. what do u guys think?

I think that I can't stand the guy. Oh, and he spends more time on the DL than playing baseball.

And IMO, Sweeney is still a year away, and I don't want the Sox rushing him up here like they did to Anderson last year.

In other words, no thanks.

pauliemyhero14
11-18-2006, 03:48 PM
thats why the whitesox do what the A's did with big frank have him guaranteed 500,000 and then depending on how many games he plays in he will get more. and if u think sweeney is a year away then the sox could go with ozuna or mackowiak.

lakeviewsoxfan
11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
thats why the whitesox do what the A's did with big frank have him guaranteed 500,000 and then depending on how many games he plays in he will get more. and if u think sweeney is a year away then the sox could go with ozuna or mackowiak.

Going with Ozuna and Mack really went well last year

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Going with Ozuna and Mack really went well last year

Mack did bad in CF not LF

pauliemyhero14
11-18-2006, 04:15 PM
mack is a corner outfielder and third basemen... hes not that bad of a hitter at all. i can see him and ozuna playing and both hitting close to .300. i could see ozuna playing when lefty pitcher and mackowiak playing when right pitcher

oeo
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Mack did bad in CF not LF

Mackowiak is not a starter. We need a leadoff hitter that can stay healthy, and do it everyday. Not someone who has a high risk of injury, and our Plan B is to have Mackowiak and Ozuna lead off. :puking:

Zisk77
11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Shannon stewart is intriguing to me. He is a very tough hitter. His injuries were all foot realted, which was in at least partly due to astroturf, which would not be an issue for us. So, Maybe?:?:

Beautox
11-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Why get Shannon Stewart, when Iguchi could put up comerable if not better numbers with less of a health risk and with out taking a roster spot from Sweeney/Fields?

a healthy Stewart in our line up could put up a line like this

.280+/.350+/.400+ 10+HR 7-14SB/3-5CS.

We could get that and then some from Iguchi next year and break in Sweeney/Fields in LF.

Last year Iguchi put up .281/.352/.422 with 18HR and 11SB/5CS

The only thing i'd ask if we put Iguchi in the lead off spot, is that KW really try and get Vizquel.

2B Iguchi R
SS Vizquel S
RF Dye R
DH Thome L
1B PK R
3B Crede R
C AJP L
CF BA R
LF Ryan/Josh L/R

munchman33
11-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Why get Shannon Stewart, when Iguchi could put up comerable if not better numbers with less of a health risk and with out taking a roster spot from Sweeney/Fields?

a healthy Stewart in our line up could put up a line like this

.280+/.350+/.400+ 10+HR 7-14SB/3-5CS.

We could get that and then some from Iguchi next year and break in Sweeney/Fields in LF.

Iguchi is moving down. Period. His lines are gonna look very different. Stewart would come cheap. And he's a much better option than Pods, or starting one of the two rookies. If the rookies get any significant playing time, it should be because of injury. I've had enough of rookies being handed jobs.

buehrle4cy05
11-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Iguchi is moving down. Period. His lines are gonna look very different. Stewart would come cheap. And he's a much better option than Pods, or starting one of the two rookies. If the rookies get any significant playing time, it should be because of injury. I've had enough of rookies being handed jobs.

I disagree. Even if Minnesota is looking to dump him, how willing would they really be to trade him to their main AL Central rival? It would take a pretty lopsided deal towards Minnesota to get him to come to the Sox, IMO.

DaleJRFan
11-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I disagree. Even if Minnesota is looking to dump him, how willing would they really be to trade him to their main AL Central rival? It would take a pretty lopsided deal towards Minnesota to get him to come to the Sox, IMO.

Shannon Stewart is a free agent... so we wouldn't need to trade for him.

buehrle4cy05
11-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Shannon Stewart is a free agent... so we wouldn't need to trade for him.

:redface:

oeo
11-19-2006, 02:14 AM

:rolleyes:

You and Dusty Baker would get along. How do you expect the Sox to contend for years to come, if you don't give jobs to younger guys? We're not the Yankees, we're not going to go out and spend $200 million. You have to mix in some young guys, or you're going to be in serious trouble within a few years.

Shannon Stewart can't stay off the DL, and you would rather have him, who will probably not play a full season, instead of a younger guy?

They should get significant playing time because they worked their ass off and deserve a spot on the team.

Beautox
11-19-2006, 03:37 AM

You and Dusty Baker would get along. How do you expect the Sox to contend for years to come, if you don't give jobs to younger guys? We're not the Yankees, we're not going to go out and spend $200 million. You have to mix in some young guys, or you're going to be in serious trouble within a few years.

Shannon Stewart can't stay off the DL, and you would rather have him, who will probably not play a full season, instead of a younger guy?

They should get significant playing time because they worked their ass off and deserve a spot on the team.

:cheers:

munchman33
11-19-2006, 07:20 AM

None of our prospects are can't miss. None of them.

I'm not saying they can't earn the job in spring. But sign someone like Stewart with the intention of giving him the bulk of playing time. And make them take it away from him. And if spring isn't the real deal, you can always go back to the solid veteran. No more Brian Anderson scenerios where they're either not good enough or not ready (whatever your opinion may be) and there's no other option.

Tragg
11-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Stewart's played 100 games only once in the last 5 seasons. He also appears to have lost his speed, which is important for an otherwise mediocre leadoff man. Whatever the reason for his decline, it doesn't portend well.