PDA

View Full Version : Cubune hasn't gotten to Cotts yet...

Goose
11-17-2006, 02:25 PM
A short article in the trib today covering Cotts' move to the other team in town. He basically says he is excited about the opportunity to possibly be a starter again and that he would not have that opportunity with the Sox with all of the SPs on the South Side.

Also says it is going to be weird playing for the Cubs because of the revelry. If I can read into it a bit...he seems to be a bit disappointed, but that is just my opinion...

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-061117cubscotts,1,7486307.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

palehozenychicty
11-17-2006, 02:40 PM
A short article in the trib today covering Cotts' move to the other team in town. He basically says he is excited about the opportunity to possibly be a starter again and that he would not have that opportunity with the Sox with all of the SPs on the South Side.

Also says it is going to be weird playing for the Cubs because of the revelry. If I can read into it a bit...he seems to be a bit disappointed, but that is just my opinion...

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-061117cubscotts,1,7486307.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Can you blame him?

chaerulez
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Hopefully starting works out for Neal, I hope he has continued success in the future, just not against the Sox.

DaleJRFan
11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
the Article on the flubs web site asked him which team he is a fan of, since he grew up in Illinois... response: St Louis Cardinals.

ZING! :D:

southside rocks
11-17-2006, 03:20 PM
''It will be a little tough,'' Cotts told the Sun-Times. ''You grow up in St. Louis and then begin your major-league career on the South Side, so it will be an adjustment. But I'm excited. It's a new start. ''I hate the idea of having to leave [the Sox] because it was like my family and I really liked my teammates. It's hard to think about not being in that clubhouse anymore.''

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/139861,CST-SPT-bbnt17.article

Goose
11-17-2006, 03:22 PM
the Article on the flubs web site asked him which team he is a fan of, since he grew up in Illinois... response: St Louis Cardinals.

I was expecting that question in the Trib article (with the obligatory response, "I grew up cheering for the Cubs"), but nothing...now I know why, but I am especially shocked that they posted that on the team site...

It was probably a mistake. I will check back in a few minutes to see it changed or completely removed, I am sure...

DSpivack
11-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Because of the party atmosphere--the revelry? Or because he's playing for the cross town team--the rivalry? Either works in my mind.

Jerko
11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Is there a full moon out or something today? I mean, besides Coppock's??

Hitmen77
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Cubune hasn't gotten to Cotts yet...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Where's the obligatory slam against the Sox ala Jason Bere or Bobby Howry? I guess not every former Sox who ends up on the Cubs is a jackass.

Of course, Cotts has nothing to complain about since he won the World Series with the Sox. I wouldn't be thrilled about going from a championship caliber team to a pathetic team that has fans throwing trash on the field.

Goose
11-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Because of the party atmosphere--the revelry? Or because he's playing for the cross town team--the rivalry? Either works in my mind.

Ooops. I guess I was a bit quick on accepting the spell check.

slavko
11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Ooops. I guess I was a bit quick on accepting the spell check.

Illustrating a big problem with spell checkers: If the thing you just typed is a word (as revelry is), albeit the wrong one, the spell checker is useless. Don't take it personally.

crazyozzie02
11-18-2006, 02:39 AM
personally i think that if i was a player i would take it as a slap in the face if i was traded to a team like the cubs that has a rivalry with the sox

DumpJerry
11-18-2006, 09:09 AM

Wait a minute! Is Cotts a clone of Buerhle? Or did Buerhle pull one of his famous practical jokes and answered the phone when the Cubune called and pretend to be Cotts?

Does this mean that at mid-season next year both be and Buerhle will be traded to the Cards and immediately sign lifetime contracts?

russ99
11-18-2006, 09:12 AM
I was expecting that question in the Trib article (with the obligatory response, "I grew up cheering for the Cubs"), but nothing...now I know why, but I am especially shocked that they posted that on the team site...

It was probably a mistake. I will check back in a few minutes to see it changed or completely removed, I am sure...

Naw, it's on MLB.com, not Pravda! :tongue: I don't think they let them do that kind of stuff there.

I feel bad for Neal, and I wish him the best, except when he's pitching against the Sox! If he ends up starting for them, then the Cubs have got big problems...

At least the Trixies will drool over him, so It's not such a tough move for Neal... :wink:

Unregistered
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
At least the Trixies will drool over him, so It's not such a tough move for Neal... :wink:

Totally. That alone will probably make him one of the more popular players at Wrigley. Especially if he starts.