PDA

View Full Version : J.D. Drew? I think it might work

Chw2007
11-17-2006, 10:43 AM
According to ESPN.com's MLB Rumor mill the white sox are one of the top teams after FA OF J.D. Drew. According to the boston globe they put a price tag of 4 years and 56 million bucks as the price tag. i would love for JD Drew to come to the white sox, but that seems a little too much for a guy who is injury prone and hit only 20 HR last yr. but his OBP may help and increase this lineup's domination. what do u guys think?

ChiFabulous1
11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Whats The Score?

Chw2007
11-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Whats The Score?
? the score?

WhiteSoxFan84
11-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Not gonna happen.

1) Who's his agent? You guessed it.

2) His attitude sucks.

3) Who's he going to replace? Podsednik? Where will our leadoff man play whoever he is?

4) You can't have two JD's on one team :D:

IF this does happen, then KW already has a deal also worked out for either Dave Roberts or Juan Pierre to be our leadoff man.

lakeviewsoxfan
11-17-2006, 10:53 AM
:welcome:? the score?

BS speculation goes in THE WTS forum

dickallen15
11-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Drew supposedly is signing a 2 year $30 million deal with Boston.

Chw2007
11-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Not gonna happen.

1) Who's his agent. You guessed it.

2) His attitude sucks.

3) Who's he going to replace? Podsednik? Where will our leadoff man play whoever he is?

IF this does happen, then KW already has a deal also worked out for either Dave Roberts or Juan Pierre to be our leadoff man.

yea i would rather get pierre or roberts too. but ESPN has the sox as a contender for him. but we all know u can never trust the boo ya network.

Chw2007
11-17-2006, 10:56 AM
that's too expensive for me. they're overpaying if this happens. screw scot boras

palehozenychicty
11-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Not gonna happen.

1) Who's his agent? You guessed it.

2) His attitude sucks.

4) You can't have two JD's on one team :D:

If there is a guy out there who is a caricature of great ability and little heart, this is the one. Pass, please.

Paulwny
11-17-2006, 11:19 AM

I also heard this, Boston going crazy tossing $$$ around. They could have signed Damon for less money last year.

jenn2080
11-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Did Whitesoxforever change his screen name?

SABRSox
11-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Say no to Just Disabled Drew!

QCIASOXFAN
11-17-2006, 11:36 AM
O-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d

Oldschoolsoxguy
11-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Pass on this stiff.Here's another one for you all.With 10 games left in this past season,Drew and the rest of his Dodger teammates play an extra inning game on a Saturday night which they win.Mind you they were battling with Padres and Phillies for a playoff spot.Drew shows up for the Sunday afternoon game and sees his name on Grady Little's lineup card.
Normal right ? at this point every game is huge.But candy-ass Drew doesn't see it that way.He goes to the manager's office and begs out of the lineup because he's "drained' from the night before.Now Little knows that he can't
make this into a big story with the season hanging in the balance so he covers up for said candy-ass by saying he wanted a "different matchup"
in the lineup and that's why HE made the decision not to play Drew.So forget this weasel.

sullythered
11-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Pass on this stiff.Here's another one for you all.With 10 games left in this past season,Drew and the rest of his Dodger teammates play an extra inning game on a Saturday night which they win.Mind you they were battling with Padres and Phillies for a playoff spot.Drew shows up for the Sunday afternoon game and sees his name on Grady Little's lineup card.
Normal right ? at this point every game is huge.But candy-ass Drew doesn't see it that way.He goes to the manager's office and begs out of the lineup because he's "drained' from the night before.Now Little knows that he can't
make this into a big story with the season hanging in the balance so he covers up for said candy-ass by saying he wanted a "different matchup"
in the lineup and that's why HE made the decision not to play Drew.So forget this weasel.
I'm "drained" by your punctuation.
:o:

maurice
11-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Giving millions to Drew to sit on the DL for years is the opposite of a KW move.

Craig Grebeck
11-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I seriously doubt the mental state of anyone who wants Juan Pierre, let alone at the salary the Giants want to pay him.

I'd take Drew at 2/30 anyday of the week.

chaerulez
11-17-2006, 02:40 PM
There is no way I want this soft baby on my team. J.D. Drew would be perfect on the Cubs where he can join Wood and Prior in simulated games.

spiffie
11-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I seriously doubt the mental state of anyone who wants Juan Pierre, let alone at the salary the Giants want to pay him.

I'd take Drew at 2/30 anyday of the week.
These are both bad ideas. Paying J.D. Drew 2/30 is a moderately bad idea. Paying Juan Pierre 3/30 would be a horrifically bad idea.

sullythered
11-17-2006, 03:59 PM
These are both bad ideas. Paying J.D. Drew 2/30 is a moderately bad idea. Paying Juan Pierre 3/30 would be a horrifically bad idea.

Agree on both counts. I don't like Gary Matthews either. Hell, I dunno who I want in left for the Sox next year. Josh Fields??? :?: