PDA

View Full Version : Crede for A-Rod?

SouthSideSoxFan
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
The White Sox plan to be aggressive in their pursuit of Alex Rodriguez, according to a high-ranking club official. The official said Chicago is willing to part with third baseman Joe Crede and a starting pitcher of the Yankees' choosing. The White Sox would move Rodriguez back to shortstop if they acquire him...
The previous week they had an article suggesting Garcia should be the starter to be traded.

INSox56
11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
LOL you might wanna check the search function of the site...32 pages of rumor goodness

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79913

Madvora
11-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Hmmm... they must be pretty sure of Fields at 3B then to do something like that.

I've really come to love Joe Crede though. Most of his career in Chicago was spent complaining about how he needs to be replaced, then we finally get a full season of just plain awesome and he might be gone.
Who knows, maybe this would help the team, but as for Crede, I wouldn't want anybody else out there. I don't think you can get any better.

D. TODD
11-16-2006, 09:32 AM
It seems like the Sox have a lot of options for a big name addition. If this is the move I'm fine with it. I'd hate to see Crede leave, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. KW will most defiantly look over all of his options and do what he thinks is best to improve the team. No doubt it will be a blockbuster, even if it is not for A-ROD.

SOXSINCE'70
11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
No!!

jenn2080
11-16-2006, 09:56 AM
LOL you might wanna check the search function of the site...32 pages of rumor goodness

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79913

I think it has been at least 2 wks since the last Error Rod thread. I was starting to feel empty inside without them.:rolleyes:

11-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Nope

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2664209

samram
11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Nope

He's not going to say he wants to play anywhere else. He's got to cover himself in the likely event he stays in NY.

palehozenychicty
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Nope

A-Fraud is the quintessential diplomat. Deep down, he knows that the clock is ticking.

kidmccarthy
11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I have always been a huge fan of this trade until recently. I read a quote I believe on SI.com that stated he has a clause like a-ram had after next year, and while he is making huge money, someone dumb might offer him 110 mil for 6 years, which he could take.

credefan24
11-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Keep Crede! E-Rod can sit it out in NY.

Why would the Sox commit so much money to him? Blah. Plus, Crede's a beter defensive 3rd baseman. And I just got a crede jersey, so that would stink if he left!

samram
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Keep Crede! E-Rod can sit it out in NY.

Why would the Sox commit so much money to him? Blah. Plus, Crede's a beter defensive 3rd baseman. And I just got a crede jersey, so that would stink if he left!

ARod would be playing SS with the Sox.

spiffie
11-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I have always been a huge fan of this trade until recently. I read a quote I believe on SI.com that stated he has a clause like a-ram had after next year, and while he is making huge money, someone dumb might offer him 110 mil for 6 years, which he could take.
I think any team that would deal for A-Rod would have to get some sort of committment from him that the clause wouldn't be exercised.

fquaye149
11-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it has been at least 2 wks since the last Error Rod thread. I was starting to feel empty inside without them.:rolleyes:

So we blame Ozzie for Mackowiack playing out of position. But we blame A-Rod for A-Rod playing out of position. Makes sense.

I can totally see why: A-Rod, as a gold glover at his natural position (a LEGITIMATE gold glover), has not earned the benefit of the doubt for playing out of position. Mackowiack, as a nobody at his natural position, has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Gavin
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Crede's good, but A-Rod in a lineup of Konerko, Thome, and Dye...

In any case, who would've thought the Sox would be carrying such a heavy stick in trade negotiations this time two years ago?

SABRSox
11-16-2006, 01:13 PM

There's no guarantee that Crede wouldn't walk when he becomes a free agent either. I'd rather take my chances with A-Rod's contract.

Jaffar
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
There's no guarantee that Crede wouldn't walk when he becomes a free agent either. I'd rather take my chances with A-Rod's contract.

Keep in mind that Ramirez just signed with the Cubs for $14.6 mil/year setting a new price for 3rd basemen. Arod would only come at something like 15-16 mil/per. Crede is going to demand whatever he chooses in his free agent year, especially if he puts up another good year in 07.

esbrechtel
11-16-2006, 09:36 PM
PLEASE KEEP CREDE...his best years are a head of him! i dont want another GREAT sox 3rd baseman to play for the yanks (rockin robin) i would love for him to stick around the sox for awhile...

munchman33
11-16-2006, 10:42 PM
If this is a move to allow our best prospect to play at his original position, while upgrading the statistically worst starting position player in baseball with probably the best, I say you have to do it.

That said, if Arod is playing third, I don't like it at all.

NardiWasHere
11-16-2006, 10:53 PM
So we blame Ozzie for Mackowiack playing out of position. But we blame A-Rod for A-Rod playing out of position. Makes sense.

I can totally see why: A-Rod, as a gold glover at his natural position (a LEGITIMATE gold glover), has not earned the benefit of the doubt for playing out of position. Mackowiack, as a nobody at his natural position, has earned the benefit of the doubt.

EXACTLY
And now my impersonation of a generic anti-ARod post:
Don't you understand!?!?!? We've been told that he is bad. He only hit a pathetic, measly .290 with only 35 worthless homeruns and 120 bad rbis in his worst year ever!!!! Booo!!!! Plus, he plays for an east coast team! ESPN pays a lot of attention to them, so I hate the players!!! WHOO HOOO Why would anyone watch baseball if it isn't the White Sox?!?!?!?! Yea!! Go Juan Uribe!!! Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about because I love the 2005 roster, Yea!!! Horaaay. Who cares about improving the team??? NYY is the devil!!! horaaaaay!!! Let's go Rowand!!! WHooo hooo, Geoff Blum!!! I hate anything that isn't a part of the 2005 White Sox!!! Why would anyone want ARod?? he doesn't have a ring. Willie Harris on the other hand, does!! We should get that guy again! Ozzieball isn't about the best players of their generations, its about Willie Harris!!! He wears a huge helmet that doesn't fit him!! YES! Plus, ARod is famous! I want unknown, less talented guys on my team because thats how we won in '05! There is only one specific type of team that is able to win a championship!!!! Who cares about the fact that the team won because of its pitching?? I like mediocre guys who are/were already on the team! I Love southpaw!!!!!!! I hate Arod I don't want another Masher! We already have those!!! I want little, weak, fast guys who can't get on base! They have character!

esbrechtel
11-17-2006, 12:50 AM
EXACTLY
Don't you understand!?!?!? We've been told that he is bad. He only hit a pathetic, measly .290 with only 35 worthless homeruns and 120 bad rbis in his worst year ever!!!! Booo!!!! Plus, he plays for an east coast team! ESPN pays a lot of attention to them, so I hate the players!!! WHOO HOOO Why would anyone watch baseball if it isn't the White Sox?!?!?!?! Yea!! Go Juan Uribe!!! Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about because I love the 2005 roster, Yea!!! Horaaay. Who cares about improving the team??? NYY is the devil!!! horaaaaay!!! Let's go Rowand!!! WHooo hooo, Geoff Blum!!! I hate anything that isn't a part of the 2005 White Sox!!! Why would anyone want ARod?? he doesn't have a ring. Willie Harris on the other hand, does!! We should get that guy again! Ozzieball isn't about the best players of their generations, its about Willie Harris!!! He wears a huge helmet that doesn't fit him!! YES! Plus, ARod is famous! I want unknown, less talented guys on my team because thats how we won in '05! There is only one specific type of team that is able to win a championship!!!! Who cares about the fact that the team won because of its pitching?? I like mediocre guys who are/were already on the team! I Love southpaw!!!!!!! I hate Arod I don't want another Masher! We already have those!!! I want little, weak, fast guys who can't get on base! They have character!

can i teal police that post for excessive use of teal?:dunno:

crazyozzie02
11-17-2006, 02:01 AM
I was a crede hater that has turned into a crede lover, but if this trade is out there can we really pass this up and not help but kick ourselve is crede has a bad year?

spiffie
11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
EXACTLY
:yup: :worship: :cheers: :Rocker: :thumbsup: That about sums up my thoughts on this.