PDA

View Full Version : With the Jays about sign Big Frank...

seventyseven
11-16-2006, 07:59 AM
...why not make a strong push to get Vernon Wells? He's in the last year of his deal, but we all know how persuasive KW can be re-signing people ("And it's time to get serious.").

Sox get: Vernon Wells

Jays get: Freddy Garcia, Brian Anderson, and Sean Tracey.

Lineup looks like:

Podsednik/Sweeney/Owens/whatever
Wells
Dye
Thome
Konerko
AJ
Crede
Iguchi
Uribe

DaveIsHere
11-16-2006, 08:08 AM
No Offense, but at some point can we stop with these proposals and lineup wishes.

I propose that we all take a week off from posting these threads, and only post facts. It is only a week, we can do it!:(:

Baby Fisk
11-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Is it OK to agree to the PREMISE of getting Vernon Wells? If there's unanimity on the goal, let's leave KW to sort out the means.

Yes to Vernon Wells.

jenn2080
11-16-2006, 08:18 AM
No Offense, but at some point can we stop with these proposals and lineup wishes.

I propose that we all take a week off from posting these threads, and only post facts. It is only a week, we can do it!:(:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And all this getting rid of Anderson talk too.

samram
11-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Is it OK to agree to the PREMISE of getting Vernon Wells? If there's unanimity on the goal, let's leave KW to sort out the means.

Yes to Vernon Wells.

Yeah, I'll take Wells.

INSox56
11-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Why bother...you've giving up Tracey and BA for a one year rental. There's no friggin way we re-sign Wells after this year. He's looking for Beltran-money. 18 mil a year, folks.

Nellie_Fox
11-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Idle speculation has always been a part of the baseball offseason. The good ol' "hot-stove league."