PDA

View Full Version : O's to sign Tiger's lefty Walker

joebro25
11-15-2006, 05:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6175756

According to Rosenthal, it's for 3 years and at least $10 million. I guess this is good news in that it makes the Tigers weaker.

Cuck_The_Fubs
11-15-2006, 05:14 PM
dang..i was hoping we would get him

esbrechtel
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
dang..i was hoping we would get him

me too...

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Nooo! :angry::angry::angry::whiner::whiner::whiner:

Oblong
11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I think teams were wise to stay out of a bidding war. Good for Jamie though. Glad he could cash in on his success. He's a great guy. He comes from a military family and he's done a lot to support the troops. He visited some vets in the hospital last year and he asked them if they got to watch a lot of games. They said they could't because not that many were on free TV. The hospital didn't have cable. So Jamie got them all cable so they could watch.

DaleJRFan
11-15-2006, 05:27 PM
the good news is... JC Romero and his 6.80 ERA are still available.

munchman33
11-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I think teams were wise to stay out of a bidding war. Good for Jamie though. Glad he could cash in on his success. He's a great guy. He comes from a military family and he's done a lot to support the troops. He visited some vets in the hospital last year and he asked them if they got to watch a lot of games. They said they could't because not that many were on free TV. The hospital didn't have cable. So Jamie got them all cable so they could watch.

That's a really nice story. I wish more ballplayers were like that. Quality guy.

DaleJRFan
11-15-2006, 05:58 PM
That's a really nice story. I wish more ballplayers were like that. Quality guy.

The problem is that we never hear about it. We only hear read the headlines about the wifebeaters, juiced sluggers, pinetar hiding pitchers, tax evaders, and general *******s.

I really wish the media would focus more, lots more, on the nicer stories in the game, such as this one.

AnkleSox
11-15-2006, 06:16 PM
I really wish the media would focus more, lots more, on the nicer stories in the game, such as this one.

I wish they'd focus on the nicer stories in life in general. Seems like they're always trying to make everyone look bad.

cburns
11-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I think a lot of it is that players like Walker don't want those stories necessarily published.

SOXSINCE'70
11-15-2006, 08:07 PM
me too...

Me three.:redneck

No,seriously,I wish the Sox had signed him.:(:
That might have meant Neal Cotts was trade bait.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
the good news is... JC Romero and his 6.80 ERA are still available.

Looks like Neal Cotts is that bad. At least it looks like he'll get another chance.

Wish we could have gotten Walker though...

Brian26
11-15-2006, 10:42 PM
It's just amazing that with all the holes the Orioles have to fill on that roster (first base, starting pitching, outfield), the only thing they can successfully nab on the FA market is a lefty reliever, and they throw $10 million at him. If the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs signed Walker for that much, it wouldn't make me think twice. But for the Orioles to throw that much money at him is what's completely wrong with the economics of baseball.

MUsoxfan
11-16-2006, 12:47 AM
O's need to dump more cash in to SP's. Zito would look good in orange

maurice
11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
:KW
"I'm flying under the radar."

thomas35forever
11-16-2006, 04:56 PM
What a blow for the Tigers' bullpen. Didn't even know he was a FA.

munchman33
11-16-2006, 05:14 PM
What a blow for the Tigers' bullpen. Didn't even know he was a FA.

The Tiger's are stacked with arms in their system. I think they'll be fine in that respect. It's easier to break young kids in through the pen.

The things most likely to catch up to the Tigers are the number of innings on their starters and the fact that the league has now had a year to catch up to what their starters have been doing. If I were them, I'd push really hard for that rumored Bonderman-Texiera swap and then sign or trade for another quality starter.