PDA

View Full Version : bad news for the Twins...

ma-gaga
03-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Guzman is still hurting. Without him, their offense really sputtered last year.
Still rehabbing? (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/1908271.html) He likes those headfirst slides as well...

:gulp: i need a beer...

baggio202
03-05-2002, 02:53 PM
here is a little blip on the radar screen about koskie from yahoo sports

"Third baseman Corey Koskie suffered a sprained wrist last weekend that bears watching and worrying. However, no player would be harder for Minnesota to replace than Guzman."

if we didnt have an unbalanced schedule..i honestly think 81-81 would win our division...boy are we lucky to be where we are

RedPinStripes
03-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Guzman is still hurting. Without him, their offense really sputtered last year.

OH NO!!!!!!!!

HawkDJ
03-05-2002, 05:22 PM
With so many injuries and bad news for the Indians and Twins, it is hard to believe there are actually still doubters about the Sox winning the Central.....JM ;-)

duke of dorwood
03-05-2002, 05:28 PM
JM- The polls are still open

Jerry_Manuel
03-05-2002, 06:32 PM
JM- The polls are still open

With so many injuries and bad news for the Indians and Twins, it is hard to believe there are actually still doubters about the Sox winning the Central.....JM ;-)

I have never said the Indians are going to be better then the Sox, just Minnesota. When the Sox can field eleven completely healthy pitchers, I might change my mind.

baggio202
03-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

huh???...we are talking about a team that hasnt won a world series since '17..or gone to one since '59.....thats longer than any other american league team thats been around that long...all you have to do is go back to last year....if there was a lock to win their division it was the sox...when they win the division..then ill stop doubting..

has anyone bothered to take a look at our so - called oitching staff???...yikes....there is plenty of room for doubt in the white sox too....its still a 3 way race in the AL central...just be glad we are not in the west..where we would be picked to finish last

HawkDJ
03-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

huh???...we are talking about a team that hasnt won a world series since '17..or gone to one since '59.....thats longer than any other american league team thats been around that long...all you have to do is go back to last year....if there was a lock to win their division it was the sox...when they win the division..then ill stop doubting..

has anyone bothered to take a look at our so - called oitching staff???...yikes....there is plenty of room for doubt in the white sox too....its still a 3 way race in the AL central...just be glad we are not in the west..where we would be picked to finish last

Baggio, I'm definitly not saying the Sox will win or get to the World Series. I am not that confident. But the last time the Sox won the division was well 2000 not 1910 or whatever so I don't think its far-fetched to say they will win the division. Since they had one bad year you are comparing it to their terrible streak of World Series?

Last year maybe was a lock for the Sox but not as much as this year. The Sox had a better team than the Indians, but not by much. This year you may say our pitching staff is no good but I have confidence in them and maybe you don't but I guess that is just the way it is. I am confident in Buehrle, Ritchie and Garland. As for Parque I will have to wait to see what kind of spring he has and whoever takes the 5th spot is a bonus if he does good.

If the Sox don't win the Central this year it will be a surprise and a disappointment to me.

Chisox_cali
03-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Can we start calling them Jerry's Twins? :D:

CubKilla
03-05-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

OH NO!!!!!!!!

Your best Ron Santo impression RPS? HA HA HA!

Jerry_Manuel
03-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Why not! :cool:

doublem23
03-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Jerry's sweet sweet Twins has a nice ring to it :D:

http://dgl.microsoft.com/thumbnails/AG00/AG00405_(t).gif

He he.. Look at him dance.

Jerry_Manuel
03-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Jerry's sweet sweet Twins has a nice ring to it :D:

http://dgl.microsoft.com/thumbnails/AG00/AG00405_(t).gif

You can call them my Twins but no sweet sweet. Geez, Doub, you are in love with that image, aren't you?

doublem23
03-05-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You can call them my Twins but no sweet sweet. Geez, Doub, you are in love with that image, aren't you?

Jerry_Manuel
03-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Spiff is going to steal your house, watch your back.