PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld's FA preview

soxfan26
11-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Matthew Poulit over at rotoworld.com says that the Sox will land Pierre and Javy Lopez.

link (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=2&articleid=26761)

Juan Pierre (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=3097) (Cubs) - Projection: White Sox - three years, $20 million
(http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=3097)

Somebody call Juan's agent and tell him. :smile:

buehrle4cy05
11-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Javy Lopez.

:o:

Please no.

MUsoxfan
11-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Jose Valentin (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?sport=MLB&id=1782) (Mets) - Prediction: Reds - one year, $2 million

0-1:cool:

chisoxmike
11-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Matthew Poulit over at rotoworld.com says that the Sox will land Pierre and Javy Lopez.

link (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=2&articleid=26761)

Somebody call Juan's agent and tell him. :smile:

:puking: :puking: :puking:

ondafarm
11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I think this guy's head should explode.

Perhaps he picks players at random to fill random vacancies by position.

samram
11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
They also predict that the Sox will sign Dotel and Walker for the 'pen.

kidmccarthy
11-13-2006, 10:34 PM
i hate to say it, but looking at all the 08 free agents, I think the sox should not tinker much this season and overpay for cruddy players. 08 is going to be sick. Soooo many free agents, the market will not be so ridiculous, and we can build our team then while still making the playoffs this year.

SABRSox
11-13-2006, 11:09 PM
i hate to say it, but looking at all the 08 free agents, I think the sox should not tinker much this season and overpay for cruddy players. 08 is going to be sick. Soooo many free agents, the market will not be so ridiculous, and we can build our team then while still making the playoffs this year.

Highlighted of course by the greatest free agent of them all: Aaron Rowand.

ondafarm
11-13-2006, 11:53 PM

In contrast, I think the Sox can definately make a trade this season. The Sox have a starting pitcher to trade.

KRS1
11-14-2006, 12:35 AM
They also predict that the Sox will sign Dotel and Walker for the 'pen.

Id pass on Walker. If Dotel is 100% he might be a good signing. Octavio had a ton of miles on his arm in a short period for a reliever though, and thats kind a scary, but he was a stud before his 05' injury. Id take Speiers if he wasnt sure to get overpayed by someone. Ive made it no secret I think Tracey can be a stud in our pen, but I think I have a better chance of getting Ozzie to agree with me on that one than most here(okay, all here). Maybe Paulino will turn some heads next camp and compete with Cotts, Logan, and whomever else throws there arms in the race. I understand that everyone wants a proven stud in our pen, and trust me, I would love that too, but the mid-level guys being talked up in FA are commanding way more than they are worth. We will be better off trading to help our pen for someone who isnt old, and/or coming off career years. I also dont want to write off a few in camp guys already before they got a real chance, and thats not to say I dont want us to improve if the opportunity should arise, but with a lot of these names popping up, it just seems like some want to make a change for changes sake.

samram
11-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Id pass on Walker. If Dotel is 100% he might be a good signing. Octavio had a ton of miles on his arm in a short period for a reliever though, and thats kind a scary, but he was a stud before his 05' injury. Id take Speiers if he wasnt sure to get overpayed by someone. Ive made it no secret I think Tracey can be a stud in our pen, but I think I have a better chance of getting Ozzie to agree with me on that one than most here(okay, all here). Maybe Paulino will turn some heads next camp and compete with Cotts, Logan, and whomever else throws there arms in the race. I understand that everyone wants a proven stud in our pen, and trust me, I would love that too, but the mid-level guys being talked up in FA are commanding way more than they are worth. We will be better off trading to help our pen for someone who isnt old, and/or coming off career years. I also dont want to write off a few in camp guys already before they got a real chance, and thats not to say I dont want us to improve if the opportunity should arise, but with a lot of these names popping up, it just seems like some want to make a change for changes sake.

I don't mind Tracey either, but I think KW and Ozzie have both decided they want to have basically no question marks (to the extent that can be the case when you're talking about middle relievers). I agree some of these veteran middle relievers will be paid more than they are worth when compared to what the same caliber of guy has been getting, but if they're the difference between 3rd place and winning it all, so be it.

Sox Fan 35
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Walker would be nice. Dotel could work out if he is healthy.

Pierre?:puking: :puking:

spiffie
11-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Id take Speiers if he wasnt sure to get overpayed by someone. Ive made it no secret I think Tracey can be a stud in our pen, but I think I have a better chance of getting Ozzie to agree with me on that one than most here(okay, all here). Maybe Paulino will turn some heads next camp and compete with Cotts, Logan, and whomever else throws there arms in the race. I understand that everyone wants a proven stud in our pen, and trust me, I would love that too, but the mid-level guys being talked up in FA are commanding way more than they are worth. We will be better off trading to help our pen for someone who isnt old, and/or coming off career years. I also dont want to write off a few in camp guys already before they got a real chance, and thats not to say I dont want us to improve if the opportunity should arise, but with a lot of these names popping up, it just seems like some want to make a change for changes sake.
So in your opinion the extra $2 million a year we might save by giving the spot to Boone Logan is worth a 3rd place finish? Because a more solid bullpen last year is probably the difference between a playoff berth and us sitting around arguing over who we hate more, the Twins, Tigers, or A's.