PDA

View Full Version : Simmons or Harris?


OfficerKarkovice
03-05-2002, 12:55 PM
It has been said that the final roster spot may come down to Willie Harris or Brian Simmons...if this is the case who would you choose if it were up to you?

Jjav829
03-05-2002, 12:59 PM
If Ray's hamstring is healthy I'd give it to Simmons. Otherwise I'd rather let Wee Willie have it so he can play 2nd instead of Graff until Ray is healthy. (Im confusing myself :smile: )

baggio202
03-05-2002, 01:43 PM
unless harris is playing everyday he should be in charlotte...so i guess im going with simmons..if ray comes up injured then i guess both guys make the roster

RedPinStripes
03-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
unless harris is playing everyday he should be in charlotte...so i guess im going with simmons..if ray comes up injured then i guess both guys make the roster

I agree.

hold2dibber
03-05-2002, 02:24 PM
If I recall correctly, Simmons is out of options, so if he doesn't make the cut, he's gone. Plus, he is probably the best defensive outfielder in camp and has a left handed bat (which are in short supply on the Sox). In addition, as others have pointed out, Wee Willie Harris would be best served by playing every day at Charlotte rather than sitting on the bench in Chicago.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of wheels Simmons has? I assume, by his defensive prowess and range, that he's at least above average in the speed department and thus a capable late inning pinch runner.

RedPinStripes
03-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
If I recall correctly, Simmons is out of options, so if he doesn't make the cut, he's gone. Plus, he is probably the best defensive outfielder in camp and has a left handed bat (which are in short supply on the Sox). In addition, as others have pointed out, Wee Willie Harris would be best served by playing every day at Charlotte rather than sitting on the bench in Chicago.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of wheels Simmons has? I assume, by his defensive prowess and range, that he's at least above average in the speed department and thus a capable late inning pinch runner.


You are correct. He would have to clear waivers if he gets cut.
He was real good wheels and he is at least as good as Singleton defensivly. IMO.

voodoochile
03-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes



You are correct. He would have to clear waivers if he gets cut.
He was real good wheels and he is at least as good as Singleton defensivly. IMO.

Wasn't a lot of interest when he got waived by Toronto - he fell all the way to us. Good chance he makes it through waiver, IMO.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Simmons has decent speed, but Harris has wheels advantage.

duke of dorwood
03-05-2002, 04:32 PM
We have a good back up infielder already. We need a good extra outfielder-Harris is NOT a good outfielder right now.

Daver
03-05-2002, 04:41 PM
The Sox lose the waiver fee they paid for him if he is not on the MLB roster for the season,Harris will enjoy Charlotte in the spring.

foulkesfan11
03-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Simmons all the way!