PDA

View Full Version : Storu On G>M> Meetings

Lip Man 1
11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
The G.M. meetings begin Monday. Chris DeLuca looks at what may possibly be going on with the Sox. Hint: It comes after the starter and before the closer.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/132754,CST-SPT-sox12.article

Lip

bryPt
11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Okay, if the Sox are interested in the Rocket, I will become physically ill. Willis on the other hand... :D:

You land Willis and Crawford, and we are shredding paper for another ticker tape parade.

Sox Fan 35
11-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I would love to see Young and Willis on the Sox.

SoxSpeed22
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Justin Speier?
:praying:
I figured that Young would likely end up on this team somehow.

DumpJerry
11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Too bad Sox Insider has been banned. We'll just have to wait and see who is on the 25 man roster when they break camp.

infohawk
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
It seems like the Sox plan on using the free agency route for the bullpen. As for the starters, a McCarthy for Willis swap would be acceptable, but I have to say I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Brandon can do during a full season as a starter. If the Sox send one of their starters to Texas for Michael Young, I'd like to see at least one promising young pitcher coming back in return. That said, I guess KW could try and get some young, developing pitching in other trades, too. I have to admit that I am jealous of the ability of certain teams (cough...Minnesota...cough) to keep their system churning out decent major league pitchers. I'd like to get to the point where the Sox have two or three guys who they could possibly go to in a pinch. At some point you've got to have some inexpensive players that can make an impact if you want to remain consistently good.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
It seems like the Sox plan on using the free agency route for the bullpen. As for the starters, a McCarthy for Willis swap would be acceptable, but I have to say I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Brandon can do during a full season as a starter. If the Sox send one of their starters to Texas for Michael Young, I'd like to see at least one promising young pitcher coming back in return. That said, I guess KW could try and get some young, developing pitching in other trades, too. I have to admit that I am jealous of the ability of certain teams (cough...Minnesota...cough) to keep their system churning out decent major league pitchers. I'd like to get to the point where the Sox have two or three guys who they could possibly go to in a pinch. At some point you've got to have some inexpensive players that can make an impact if you want to remain consistently good.

Exactly why the Sox should hang onto Broadway. He seems to be the closest MLB prospect they have.

ondafarm
11-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Neither Mark Buehlre nor Brandon McCarthy will be dealt.

SOXSINCE'70
11-12-2006, 07:27 PM

I agree.It will probably be Garcia.I'd love to say Vazquez,
but he still has multiple years left on his contract.And to
hear Freddy Garcia talk late last season,to paraphrase an
old Peter Paul and Mary song,"Leaving On a Jet Plane",
his bags are packed and he's ready to go.

Iguana775
11-13-2006, 10:46 AM

If KW can swing a deal for Willis, they can have their pick of the current starting pitchers on the team.

Hell, maybe they could throw in Miggy Cabrera...:gulp:

buehrle4cy05
11-13-2006, 10:52 AM
If KW can swing a deal for Willis, they can have their pick of the current starting pitchers on the team.

Bingo. I'd guess that Florida would want McCarthy + a hitting prospect + a lower-tier pitching prospect. McCarthy will be 23 to open the '07 season while Willis will be 25. Nobody knows exactly how good McCarthy will be, while everybody knows that Willis is a stud.