PDA

View Full Version : The Next 6 Weeks

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Starting at midnight and going through the next 6 weeks. Will be huge for the Sox for 07 season and beyond.

I have alot of faith that Kenny will make the Sox stronger and get us back into the world series.

Does anyone have any predictions of a trade or a free agent signing that Kenny might get done.

KyWhiSoxFan
11-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Does anyone have any predictions of a trade or a free agent signing that Kenny might get done.

You're the Insider. You tell us what's going to happen.

Beautox
11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll take a stab.

Scott Podsednik to the Rockies for 2-3 of these 4 prospects.

RHP David Patton (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=David%20Patton&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=456029) BP Prospect
RHP Andrew Johnston (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Andrew%20Johnston&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=450663) BP Prospect
2B S Corey Wimberly (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Corey%20Wimberly&pos=2B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=489432) Lead off potential
CF S Dexter Fowler (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Dexter%20Fowler&pos=OF&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=451594) toolsy

The Rockies payroll next year is going to be 52 million according to Troy Renck (http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_4642621), as of now their roster sits at $42,850,000 locked up in 19 players. Scott is set to make about 3million in ARB and Dave Roberts is looking for a deal longer than 2 years and might command as much Pierre this offseason. It looks like a good fit for both teams, he would be moving back to CF for the rox.

CashMan
11-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I PREDICT..........(say it like you mean it) Since Ozzie doesnt like Brian Anderson, that he will either be dealt or will be the #4 Ofer for the Sox in 07.

Jjav829
11-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I think we'll see Kenny make a quick signing within the first few days. Nothing big, but not a career minor league either. Maybe a middle reliever or a backup catcher.

I think he waits until the winter meetings to move one of the starters.

Domeshot17
11-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I PREDICT

(1) (and this is not a wish, just an honest thought) Rowand signs back to be the CF

(2) That leads to Anderson Garcia/Vazquez Rogowski and another spec being dealt for Carl Crawford.

(3) Ryan Sweeney and Jerry Owens battle for the 4th OF/LF position.

(4) Our Big offseason splurge is Eric Gagne, which leads to Bobby Jenks joining the set up crew, which leads to our bullpen again being amazing.

I REALLY HOPE
(1) We trade Uribe for Vizquel

New Lineup looks something like
1 Vizquel SS
2 Crawford LF
3 Thome DH
4 Konerko 1b
5 Dye RF
6 Iguchi 2b
7 Crede 3b
8 AJ C
9 Rowand CF
(Im drooling thinking about this)

Rotation
Buehlre Garland Contreras Vaz or Freddy Bmac

Pen Heager Cotts Jenks Thorton Mac Gagne

Bench: Pablo Chris Stewart Sweeney Mackowiak Cintron

areilly
11-11-2006, 09:03 PM
(4) Our Big offseason splurge is Eric Gagne, which leads to Bobby Jenks joining the set up crew, which leads to our bullpen again being amazing.

I'd gladly welcome the addition of Gagne to the bullpen, but I'd take Jenks as the closer these days.

buehrle4cy05
11-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I'd gladly welcome the addition of Gagne to the bullpen, but I'd take Jenks as the closer these days.

I agree. I'd love Gagne in the bullpen, but not as anything more than setup man. Jenks is the closer here, and he will be for years to come (I hope).

If he gets hurt or can't get it done, then you have Gagne and MacDougal to fill in.

pauliemyhero14
11-11-2006, 10:19 PM
im going to shock u guys with this one but i see the sox trading either crede, konerko, or dye.

If we trade Crede....
1. Josh Fields will be new 3rd basemen
2. crede will be dealt for bullpen and minor leaguers

if we trade konerko....
1. Gload and lower class 1st basemen freeagent will share duties
2. konerko will be dealt to the angels for stud minor leaguer Short stop (foreget name) and bullpen help

if we trade dye....
1. I see us going after dave roberts for right field or gary matthews Jr. to play right but if not shift to center and anderson be right fielder.
2. always possiblility that sweeney gets shot in right field
3. we will get something amazing in return.

i really dont want anyone to get traded but i just dont think reinsdorf wants to spend more money and kenny is getting pressured to make moves with no money to spend. i see either vasquez or garcia getting traded along with either crede, konerko, or dye.

Sox Fan 35
11-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Konerko and Dye are not going anywhere. I hope the same can be said for Crede.

thomas35forever
11-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Honestly, who other than the Yankees can afford Paulie's contract?

crazyozzie02
11-12-2006, 01:33 AM
I dont know whats going on here but everyone just needs to step away from the pipe real nice and slow. I really dont see any (big) needs for the 07 sox. We need bullpen help for sure and hopefully Neal Cotts wont be part of the picture. Gange would be a big addition but $$$. I think personally its going to be really hard to tell whats gonna go down. I mean around this time last year the Rowand for Thome rumors were going around, but we really got nothing to work with this year (minus the Arod to sox rumors. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN)

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-12-2006, 03:06 AM

I agree, but I still feel like a big trade with one on the 5 starters being moved.

southside rocks
11-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I PREDICT..........(say it like you mean it) Since Ozzie doesnt like Brian Anderson, that he will either be dealt or will be the #4 Ofer for the Sox in 07.

I predict that if and when BA is traded, Ozzie will wear the kid like an albatross, in the minds of many.

I predict that BA's dismaying failure to hit major-league pitching with authority in both 2005 and 2006 will be completely forgotten in a storm of "Ozzie hated him/Ozzie ruined him" laments. This will continue even if BA never again bats his weight with any other team.

I predict that BA will join Aaron Rowand as the most yearned-after departed player in the future.

And finally, I predict that when BA is traded, my signed photo of him hitting a double off of Kenny Rogers will become a footnote to my collection of Sox stuff.

:D:

WizardsofOzzie
11-12-2006, 09:58 AM
The angels

Brian26
11-12-2006, 10:53 AM
I PREDICT

(1) (and this is not a wish, just an honest thought) Rowand signs back to be the CF

Rowand is not a free agent.

Chips
11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Is this thread a giant joke or what?

Brian26
11-12-2006, 10:56 AM
i really dont want anyone to get traded but i just dont think reinsdorf wants to spend more money and kenny is getting pressured to make moves with no money to spend.

Reinsdorf will continue to spend money as long as the park is full, which it was in 2006. Neither Konerko nor Dye will be traded.

areilly
11-12-2006, 11:13 AM

The Angels.

The Red Sox.

The Cubs.

The Mets.

The Mariners.

The Dodgers.

I'm not saying each of these teams has the bargaining chips (or the need for another 1B) to pull off a trade for him, but they could easily absorb the contract.

soxfan26
11-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Rowand is not a free agent.

Why should that get in the way of a little man love? :redneck

getonbckthr
11-12-2006, 02:42 PM
The Sun-times in today's (Sunday) paper said that we are gonna go after Clemens if he doesn't retire.

Domeshot17
11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
lol First off, I said, Im not a huge Rowand fan, its not a WISH that he comes back, I wouldnt mind it.

EDIT: I was wrong, my fault

ilsox7
11-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Second, Yes, Rowand is an FA, him and Philly both declined their options

Just b/c both sides declined their respective options does not make him a free agent, which he is not.

Domeshot17
11-12-2006, 03:52 PM
my fault you guys are right. I did not realize he was still arbitration eligiable, I had just remembered hearing that he declined his option, which in most cases, makes someone an FA

my bad.

broker3d
11-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I have no problem with bringing Rowand back but I don't think he is the fit we are looking for. This team needs to add speed, at atleast 2 positions. If we do add a new CF I think KW would target a guy with more speed that Rowand.

Someone mentioned earlier that he thinks Crede, Konerko or Dye would be traded. That could be true. I think Dye would be the most likely. But if it were Pauly we would probably see Josh Fields shift to first, with some slight platooning with Gload.

Daver
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I have no problem with bringing Rowand back but I don't think he is the fit we are looking for. This team needs to add speed, at atleast 2 positions. If we do add a new CF I think KW would target a guy with more speed that Rowand.

Someone mentioned earlier that he thinks Crede, Konerko or Dye would be traded. That could be true. I think Dye would be the most likely. But if it were Pauly we would probably see Josh Fields shift to first, with some slight platooning with Gload.

They'd move Sweeney to first before they moved Fields.

southside rocks
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Paul Konerko gave the WS game ball to Jerry Reinsdorf in October 2005, and made JR cry.

A month later, JR broke with his policy of not giving 5-year contracts and gave one to Paulie.

Konerko will be here after every other current player on this team has been traded or lost to free agency. I'm just saying.

crazyozzie02
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM
The Sun-times in today's (Sunday) paper said that we are gonna go after Clemens if he doesn't retire.

i know that i may be the minority here, but i do not want clemens. He would cost too much money and i would perfer to go out and send that money on good bullpen help.

getonbckthr
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
i know that i may be the minority here, but i do not want clemens. He would cost too much money and i would perfer to go out and send that money on good bullpen help.
I would love to see Rocket here as long as Kenny and Jerry make the decision that the 20-25 million it will cost to sign him would not effect our budget, but instead be like buying a really cool gadget not because we needed or could/couldn't afford but becuase we wanted it.

gr8mexico
11-13-2006, 02:15 AM
It looks like we might loose Dye to the Rangers next year so why not trade JD to the Rangers for Young and a prospect. The Sox would control Young for a couple of year and would save about 3mil a year thats enough money for bullpen help and young would be a great #2 hitter. The Sox then sign Juan Pierre to play LF and give a prospect a chance to win the RF spot. The lineup of 1.Pierre 2.Young 3. Thome 4.Konerko 5.Crede 6.A.J 7.Tadahito 8.Brian Anderson (CF) 9. Ryan Sweeney RF.

getonbckthr
11-13-2006, 03:00 AM
It looks like we might loose Dye to the Rangers next year so why not trade JD to the Rangers for Young and a prospect. The Sox would control Young for a couple of year and would save about 3mil a year thats enough money for bullpen help and young would be a great #2 hitter. The Sox then sign Juan Pierre to play LF and give a prospect a chance to win the RF spot. The lineup of 1.Pierre 2.Young 3. Thome 4.Konerko 5.Crede 6.A.J 7.Tadahito 8.Brian Anderson (CF) 9. Ryan Sweeney RF.
You better sign Soriano to replace Dye's numbers.