PDA

View Full Version : Dye could be joining the Rangers next year?

Sox Insider
11-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Ron Washington has only been the Rangers manager since Monday, but he is already making Texas a potentially choice destination for free agents. It will take money to get any deals done, but prize free-agent pitcher Barry Zito has placed the Rangers on his short list as a result of Washington's hire.

Over lunch Wednesday, Washington said: "Barry Zito called me yesterday. He wants to make a visit here. Texas wasn't on his list, but it is now." ... Washington also said former A's outfielder Jermaine Dye called with the same message. Dye, however, will not be a free agent until next year, as the Chicago White Sox already picked up his option for 2007

chaerulez
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Source?

I'm pretty sure you can't discuss deals with other teams while being under contract, I would imagine Dye could be fined a huge amount of money if he inquired to Washington about coming to the Rangers.

JB98
11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Ron Washington has only been the Rangers manager since Monday, but he is already making Texas a potentially choice destination for free agents. It will take money to get any deals done, but prize free-agent pitcher Barry Zito has placed the Rangers on his short list as a result of Washington's hire.

Over lunch Wednesday, Washington said: "Barry Zito called me yesterday. He wants to make a visit here. Texas wasn't on his list, but it is now." ... Washington also said former A's outfielder Jermaine Dye called with the same message. Dye, however, will not be a free agent until next year, as the Chicago White Sox already picked up his option for 2007

:dtroll:

Kub_Killer_15
11-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Whats the score?

Sox Insider
11-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Source?

I'm pretty sure you can't discuss deals with other teams while being under contract, I would imagine Dye could be fined a huge amount of money if he inquired to Washington about coming to the Rangers.

fort worth-star telegram

chisoxfanatic
11-10-2006, 05:28 PM

Absolutely not happening! Dye loves it here and even took less money to come here even BEFORE we won the World Series!

veeter
11-10-2006, 05:29 PM
:dtroll:exactly.

samram
11-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Here's a link (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/baseball/15968702.htm) to the article he's talking about. If I'm Rangers' management, I would tell this guy to shut up before he gets them in trouble or makes them look stupid because they don't sign any of these free agents mentioned in the article.

Britt Burns
11-10-2006, 06:42 PM
In '07? Don't see it happening. Dye was definitely our most consistent and probably our best player last year. He's relatively cheap as well. Can't see it happening.

oeo
11-10-2006, 06:44 PM
In '07? Don't see it happening. Dye was definitely our most consistent and probably our best player last year. He's relatively cheap as well. Can't see it happening.

He said in '08. Which I'm not worried about, and I don't get why you guys would be freaking out right now. It could be that the Sox want to go younger with Sweeney or Fields, so let this year play out before we start worrying about who's going where in 2008.

TDog
11-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Actually, Dye could have been calling Washington for congratulatory reasons. Dye proved to be a man of character early in his tenure with the White Sox, when there were still WSI posters suggesting an end to "The Jermaine Dye experiment."

soxinem1
11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Tampering rules aside, I don't think it's out of the question that Dye slides a little next season. It's common after career year-type seasons. Who's to say what the market for him will be for 2008?

And if he has a year like he did in 2004 for the A's, I don't see the White Sox making any effort to resign him.

esbrechtel
11-10-2006, 11:05 PM
man this offseason is way too long....we are already talking about the 2008 whitesox.....

JB98
11-10-2006, 11:10 PM
man this offseason is way too long....we are already talking about the 2008 whitesox.....

143 days until Opening Day! :supernana:

Domeshot17
11-10-2006, 11:13 PM
haha, Ron Washington is going to reassemble the early 2000 oakland A's

WHO WERENT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN A DAMN THING THEN, SO MAYBE THEY CAN NOW??

I bet he can get Foulke Relatively Cheap

DumpJerry
11-11-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey you ****ing :dtroll: , your screen name is proof of the old saying "the more they say, the less they have/do." You're a "Sox insider" like I'm the Pope. If you're a Sox insider, you would have informed the Commissioner's Office instead of WSI.

Also, if you're such an "insider," why did you wait until now to register and not duing the 2005 season?

I know, you're Kenny!

Tampering besides, Dye has said several times, he wants to play out the rest of his career in Chicago. Nothing has happened in the 4 or 5 months since he said this to change this.

Myrtle72
11-11-2006, 01:34 AM

Yeah... um, let's worry about 2007 first.

SoxSideIrish
11-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey you ****ing :dtroll: , your screen name is proof of the old saying "the more they say, the less they have/do." You're a "Sox insider" like I'm the Pope. If you're a Sox insider, you would have informed the Commissioner's Office instead of WSI.

Also, if you're such an "insider," why did you wait until now to register and not duing the 2005 season?

I know, you're Kenny!

Tampering besides, Dye has said several times, he wants to play out the rest of his career in Chicago. Nothing has happened in the 4 or 5 months since he said this to change this.Stop holding back, tell us how you really feel!

But yeah, couldn't have said it better. Go somewhere else "Insider".

ShoelessJoeS
11-11-2006, 01:56 AM
:chunks

Dye isn't going anywhere.

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 08:16 AM

I know, you're Kenny!

Tampering besides, Dye has said several times, he wants to play out the rest of his career in Chicago. Nothing has happened in the 4 or 5 months since he said this to change this.

Well since we are getting pretty personal here.. I chosen the screen name since I've been working for the Sox for the last 8 seasons so I do know Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams personally. Do I get any really inside info going on this offseason not really..

As for the report about Dye it came from a Texas newspaper and not me jerkoff. Reading is a skill you should try it sometime.

samram
11-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Well since we are getting pretty personal here.. I chosen the screen name since I've been working for the Sox for the last 8 seasons so I do know Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams personally. Do I get any really inside info going on this offseason not really..

As for the report about Dye it came from a Texas newspaper and not me jerkoff. Reading is a skill you should try it sometime.

Huh, I wonder if Kenny and Jerry would like it if one of their employees was on a message board calling a fan and paying customer a "jerkoff"?

soxfan13
11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Huh, I wonder if Kenny and Jerry would like it if one of their employees was on a message board calling a fan and paying customer a "jerkoff"?

Dump jumped all over him first, to be honest. All he did was quote a legitimate article that is out there. People are too quick on this site to jump all over people here. Give the guy a frickin break. Oh thats right, I forgot alot of people on this board also think that all media is evil and they are always making everything up.

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 08:48 AM

I thought this site is where die hard Sox fans to talk about all different kinds of Sox news..

So I bring in an article from a newspaper that mentions Dye calling the Rangers new manger and some jerkoff gives me **** for it..

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 08:50 AM

I know, you're Kenny!

As for not registering until now.. I 'm on a few other Sox websites like sox talk and thought I would give this site a try

samram
11-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Dump jumped all over him first, to be honest. All he did was quote a legitimate article that is out there. People are too quick on this site to jump all over people here. Give the guy a frickin break. Oh thats right, I forgot alot of people on this board also think that all media is evil and they are always making everything up.

Dump jumped on him, but this guy claims to be a Sox employee- I highly doubt the club would view hurling epithets at the fans as acceptable behavior.

By the way, I posted a link to the article, so I know he's not making things up.

samram
11-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I thought this site is where die hard Sox fans to talk about all different kinds of Sox news..

So I bring in an article from a newspaper that mentions Dye calling the Rangers new manger and some jerkoff gives me **** for it..

Well, just a tip, but post links to the articles instead of just quoting what they say.

southside rocks
11-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Dump jumped on him, but this guy claims to be a Sox employee- I highly doubt the club would view hurling epithets at the fans as acceptable behavior.

Um-- the guy got cursed at for posting something from a newspaper article, and in return he calls someone a jerkoff, and you think the club would have a problem with that? I don't. Was the employee at work when he did that? Or is it back to the old "Mark Buehrle can only wear a Sox cap, ever, anywhere" argument?

It's hardly like a Sox ticket agent using blue language at a customer at the box office, for pete's sake.

This board is very strange in the off-season, I must say.

DumpJerry
11-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Sox employees (and players) are not permitted to post on fan boards. I realize the ones that want to do so do it from home computers and not at the office. Brandon McCarthy was a poster here until he got signed.

Worked there for 8 years? In what capacity? I know people who worked there for many years with lots of contact with Jerry and Kenny-they serve food and drinks in the exclusive areas of the park.

If Insider is truely an insider with access to Jerry and Kennys' thought processes, he would know better than to leak things out. Even if reported in an out-of-town newspaper who would love to see certain players on their hometeam.

Martinigirl
11-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I saw that article yesterday and I was taken irritated at first. Then I thought about it and realized the manager most likely has an over inflated sense of self importance, thinking every player that ever knew him is dying to play for him.

I am sure JD called and offered his congratulations, but I seriously doubt JD is even thinking about where he will be in 2008 right now.

AZChiSoxFan
11-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Is that you Chisoxtony?? Nice to see you back.

:dtroll:

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 10:31 AM

Writing is also a skill, sometimes more important than reading. Maybe you could try posting a link or at least citing your source, so that other posters don't have to.

The benefits will be twofold: you won't be plagiarizing and you won't be accused of making up ****.

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 10:33 AM

No. A lot of people on the board looked at that first post, saw no source given, and saw a man claiming other people's ideas as his own. Despite the obvious legal ramifications, one of the other risks of doing that is when people don't like your ideas, they are going to assume that the ideas are yours.

I mean, frick!

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Writing is also a skill, sometimes more important than reading. Maybe you could try posting a link or at least citing your source, so that other posters don't have to.

The benefits will be twofold: you won't be plagiarizing and you won't be accused of making up ****.

I did mention the source

CLR01
11-11-2006, 10:34 AM

Next time you quote somebody's work the text better be in quotes and a link to the article provided. If you don't you will be a WSI outsider.

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 10:37 AM

I did mention the source

The Hell you did. Washington is not the source.

Gosh, I hope you weren't writing copy for the White Sox.....you probably cost them millions in legal disputes over copyright law

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 10:38 AM
The Hell you did. Washington is not the source.

Gosh, I hope you weren't writing copy for the White Sox.....you probably cost them millions in legal disputes over copyright law

look at the 4th quote on the first page

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 10:47 AM
look at the 4th quote on the first page

what in the hell are you talking about? LOOK AT YOUR FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD.

It is plain and it is simple: you DID NOT cite a source

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 10:51 AM
what in the hell are you talking about? LOOK AT YOUR FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD.

It is plain and it is simple: you DID NOT cite a source

So I made a dam mistake by not adding the source on the first quote but did add the source a few mins later so what is the big deal..

Some people need to lighten up on this site.

soxfan13
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
No. A lot of people on the board looked at that first post, saw no source given, and saw a man claiming other people's ideas as his own. Despite the obvious legal ramifications, one of the other risks of doing that is when people don't like your ideas, they are going to assume that the ideas are yours.

I mean, frick!

:kneeslap: :kneeslap: Was just trying to be polite by using frick:tongue:

oeo
11-11-2006, 11:17 AM

So you say that you work for the White Sox...

If that's so, do you always represent the organization so well? Sorry, but you sound like some 15-year-old kid, not someone who has worked for the White Sox organization for almost a decade. Could you be...White Sox Josh?

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 11:20 AM
So I made a dam mistake by not adding the source on the first quote but did add the source a few mins later so what is the big deal..

I was simply trying to give you advice and you came back as if you didn't do anything wrong. You did do something wrong. Many people only read the first post in a thread. Next time, make sure you give credit in that first post so

a.) people are not confused into thinking an idea is yours

b.) you give your post some credibility

c.) you are not violating copyright laws.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the fact you were perplexed at why people were annoyed by this thread shows you did not understand why what you did was wrong, at least for this board. Hopefully you understand now.

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 11:28 AM
So you say that you work for the White Sox...

If that's so, do you always represent the organization so well? Sorry, but you sound like some 15-year-old kid, not someone who has worked for the White Sox organization for almost a decade. Could you be...White Sox Josh?

It's ok for one of the websites church elders to give me **** about a post that I made. But it's not ok for me to call him a jerk off.

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I was simply trying to give you advice and you came back as if you didn't do anything wrong. You did do something wrong. Many people only read the first post in a thread. Next time, make sure you give credit in that first post so

a.) people are not confused into thinking an idea is yours

b.) you give your post some credibility

c.) you are not violating copyright laws.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the fact you were perplexed at why people were annoyed by this thread shows you did not understand why what you did was wrong, at least for this board. Hopefully you understand now.

Just maybe people should read more than just the 1st quote before they respond to it. but thanks for the advice

fquaye149
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Just maybe people should read more than just the 1st quote before they respond to it. but thanks for the advice

It's ok for one of the websites church elders to give me **** about a post that I made. But it's not ok for me to call him a jerk off.

If you are new somewhere and people give you **** about something, especially if they've been there a while, you should maybe figure out why they're upset with you instead of immediately lashing out at them.

Chips
11-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Is Timo coming back?

oeo
11-11-2006, 11:46 AM

I never said I agreed with his post, but if you really did work for the organization you would suck it up and show some maturity...not call someone a "jerkoff".

Sox Insider
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I never said I agreed with his post, but if you really did work for the organization you would suck it up and show some maturity...not call someone a "jerkoff".

Like Ozzie,Hawk and Kenny did this past season.. its just a joke people

Grzegorz
11-11-2006, 11:50 AM

Consider this your baptism of fire... :D:

We can't; we just watched a team win the World Series knowing in our hearts that the Chicago White Sox would have represented the American League much better.

southside rocks
11-11-2006, 12:05 PM
...we just watched a team win the World Series knowing in our hearts that the Chicago White Sox would have represented the American League much better.

:cheers:

WizardsofOzzie
11-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Is Timo coming back?
:rolling: Why not ask him the real question that is one everyone's mind. When is Rowand coming back???!!!

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I did mention the sourceWhat you fail to realize is that not every doofus that writes a newspaper article is a reliable source. Every year there are dozens of articles and loose talk by sportsblabbers and other nitwits speculating all over the place without a scintilla of substance behind it. This sounds like another one. Just because Bruuuce Levine says that the Cubs are getting Alex Rodriguez doesn't make it so.

cbotnyse
11-11-2006, 09:53 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/popcorn.gif

1951Campbell
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
:rolling: Why not ask him the real question that is one everyone's mind. When is Rowand coming back???!!!

*resisting a crack about Sox Insider actually being Steff*

CLR01
11-11-2006, 10:46 PM
*resisting a crack about Sox Insider actually being Steff*

Thanks for the tip! It's not steff but it is another person I don't mind not hearing from until ST.

Kub_Killer_15
11-12-2006, 12:28 AM
:hawk He Gone!

crazyozzie02
11-12-2006, 01:27 AM
do you guys think that the sox are going to try to sign Dye to a contract extention this year, espically if Fields and Sweeney go via a trade?

Nellie_Fox
11-12-2006, 02:17 AM
do you guys think that the sox are going to try to sign Dye to a contract extention this year, espically if Fields and Sweeney go via a trade?
Espically?

SouthSide_HitMen
11-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the tip! It's not steff but it is another person I don't mind not hearing from until ST.

The Dallas Morning News
High ranking White Sox employee banned from fan website
Page D2

He has served over eight years as White Sox GM Kenny Williams' right hand man but lasted less than a week at the team's number one fan website. Mr. .......

:redneck

AuroraSoxFan
11-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I really don't even know very many people on here. But that is definitely someone who was previously banned. I wish they'd find something better to do with themself. Can you imagine if someone like that really was a team insider? Sox would have to start their single A club since no $$ would be left after all the lawsuits he'd cause.

Hangar18
11-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Actually, Dye could have been calling Washington for congratulatory reasons. Dye proved to be a man of character early in his tenure with the White Sox, when there were still WSI posters suggesting an end to "The Jermaine Dye experiment."

....back when he was hitting .200 and playing some very POOR defense in LF ?? I totally remember that. Poor 1st couple of months, but he did turn it around suddenly ......good for him